Sign in to follow this  
danielwest

Rattle old standby altimeter with ISFD

Hello fellow 737 drivers, 

I started the 737 up again after a long time to do some flying again but I noticed that when I was configuring a new livery for a new airline I am intending to fly for that the cockpit sounds produce the famous vibration of the older standby altimeter while I have selected the option to use the ISFD. That rattle should not be there. When I select the older set of standby instruments from the FMC, I get a second rattle added to the sound in the cockpit. (all in the 738WL)

I've tried it in several liveries but it seems to be a persisting issue in all liveries I have selected.

I've changed some .wav files years ago but none of them the PMDG_737_Standby_Instruments in the P3D>Sound>PMDG>737NGX>Various folder.

I would appreciate any suggestion that would lead to solving this issue.

Cheers, 

Daniel W.

What did Q do to you to treat him so badly? Poor fellow. No high tech gadgets to fight the baddies for you 008 3/4!

• Upvote 1

Mark Harris.

Aged 54. 

P3D,  & DCS mostly. DofReality P6 platform partially customised and waiting for parts. Brunner CLS-E Yoke and Pedals. Winwing HOTAS and Cougar MFDS.

Scan 3XS Laptop i9-9900K 3.6ghz, 64GB DDR4, RTX2080.

B737NG Pilot. Ex Q400, BAe146, ATP and Flying Instructor in the dim and distant past! SEP renewed and back at the coal face flying folk on the much deserved holidays!

6 hours ago, MarkJHarris said:

What did Q do to you to treat him so badly? Poor fellow. No high tech gadgets to fight the baddies for you 008 3/4!

Lol... I‘ve just needed a second to get it xD

Daniel there are several sound bugs in the FSX/P3D systems that make several sounds hang up... often turning the sound off and reactivating it (using ol‘Q) helps. As it doesn‘t help I would suggest to submit a ticket to support, this seems to be a system specific issue... and I‘ve never read about this specific issue before. 

But - if I was you - I would backup my custom sounds and revert to the original soundset that comes with the installer first. PMDG does generally not support custom modifications.