Sign in to follow this  
Patco Lch

A2A made me sick

Monday I purchased my beautiful A2A Bonanza. It was a stellar day here in South Carolina so I loaded my weather engine and like I do with all my new aircraft I took her up for a familarization flight. I practiced slow flight, stalls, steep turns, turns around a point and slow flight in a landing configuration.

As I started back to the pattern for some landings I noticed I was feeling clammy, palms were sweaty and I was nauseous, the unmistakable symthoms of motion sickness.I actually got airsick on a table top sim. Now that's imersion for you.The only step up from that would be a sim that kills you for messing up.

The Bonanza is IMHO the Pinnacle of GA recips. Looking forward to many hours in an aircraft I always admired since I was a kid.

Great job Scott!!

• Like 7

Vic green

Yep! It's a masterpiece.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

5 hours ago, andreh said:

Now try it in VR!

Don't think I'm man enough for that.

• Like 3

Vic green

10 hours ago, PATCO LCH said:

The Bonanza is IMHO the Pinnacle of GA recips

Agreed!

My system specs: Intel i9-10850@3.6 - 5.2 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080, 32GB  DDR4  RAMNoctua NH-D15 CPU Cooler,1TB Seagate SSD, 4TB Seagate HD, Windows 10, Asus 32 inch monitor, Saitek Yoke, Throttle Quadrant, Rudder Pedals and Trim Wheel     Sims: MSFS2020      Preferred Aircraft  Black Square Bonanza, and Baron, A2A Comanche, PMDG DC-6, Red Wing L1049 

I haven't flown another plane since I purchased the Bonanza.  I'm completely addicted to it!

Scott

I have 2 single engine planes I would like to have in p3d done 100% simulated. a C208 & Cargomaster and PC-12.

I would like it if they finally moved up to modeling a faster twin engine if they do not do either of my dream airplane above.

Edited by Boeing or not going

You should then keep this handy near your cockpit:

https://www.dramamine.com/

Edited by fppilot

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

27 minutes ago, fppilot said:

You should then keep this handy near your cockpit:

https://www.dramamine.com/

Keep plenty of that around but never thought I would need it for a desktop aircraft. Things are getting serious when you actually feel like you've been flying after a session.

Off subject this reminds me of the time when I was about 13 and my Dad gave me a chaw of Day Of Work chewing tabbaco and laughed while I threw my groceries.

Rest his soul.

Vic green

On 10/31/2018 at 5:49 PM, PATCO LCH said:

Keep plenty of that around but never thought I would need it for a desktop aircraft. Things are getting serious when you actually feel like you've been flying after a session.

Off subject this reminds me of the time when I was about 13 and my Dad gave me a chaw of Day Of Work chewing tabbaco and laughed while I threw my groceries.

Rest his soul.

Thanks for the "Dad" story. Made me bust out laughing, instantly making me remember something in childhood. My brother (6) and I (9), found an old cigar near our grandfathers house , swiped some kitchen matches from in the house. Hid out behind the chicken house and lit it up. About 5 minutes later we both staggered out near front porch, where Grandfather was sitting in the old rocking chair. "All right you young ones, what is your problem? Neither one of you look very well".  I don't remember the line I fed him. Now that old gentleman was tricky and extremely smart, as I remember him. He looked at us a moment, then told me that I and my brother should go over to the faucet and get a big drink of the cold water and we would feel fine. (it was a rather warm summer morning). We did as suggested. You can fill out the remainder because all should know that "green gills" and a lot of water do not mix well.

• Like 1

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's