Sign in to follow this  
Christopher Low

Locked threads

58 minutes ago, snglecoil said:

Sorry, it was an attempt at comedy using a very U.S. centric reference to something said by former President Bill Clinton and the symbol is called "facepalm". I'll let you look that one up for typical uses.

It failed; (both the symbology and the comedy)

But, Hey! go for your life with what works for you!

2 minutes ago, ganter said:

It failed; (both the symbology and the comedy)

But, Hey! go for your life with what works for you!

Ooof...well there go all my hopes and dreams of making the comedy circuit. So sorry again...I'll go rethink my life now.

Chris

OK, should I insert the "KEY" now??  hint....hint

No key twist in the imminent future....carry on!:blink:

• Like 1

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

I think this one has had it's day in the sun......

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

3 hours ago, ganter said:

I see that. Besides, it's a moot point now isn't it?

The thread was based on 'soft ground' shall we say, from the start and I'm not surprised or alarmed that it was closed. 

It's a rather good example of Avsim at its best in fact. Someone talks rubbish somewhere on YT, someone threads it here. A few people start debating, a couple go hysterical, cleaners come in and tidy up by closing. Nothing to see here!

Carry on Mods - you have my vote of confidence.

⬆️This post by ganter is another perfect example of one that should be deleted because of the judgmental, condescending, and divisive content (the TOS applies to all, right?), but when someone responds IN KIND only theirs is deleted.

So yes carry on Mods - delete this post by banter - but don't wait until somebody responds IN KIND. Avsim can be an even better place. 

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

Regarding this subject, I just had a thread in hangar chat about Trainsim worlds new LIRR release "disappeared" and I have to admit feeling at the end of my rope. I keep having things just scooped up and "poofed" and there is never an explanation

Even the few times I gather the energy to ask for an explanation, the request more often than not seems to be simply ignored, leaving me none the wiser, as to what the transgression might have been, which is so massively counterproductive it isn't funny.

(If you are given no clue as to what on earth you did, how do you avoid doing it again?)

Eventually, if it happens enough, you begin to wonder if mods are simply having a bad day, or even if its personal.

• Upvote 1

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

31 minutes ago, HiFlyer said:

Eventually, if it happens enough, you begin to wonder if mods are simply having a bad day, or even if its personal.

I did not remove the topic and we are in discussions as to whether the topic should be opened again.  Train sims are not really related to aviation but I understand you want to discuss non-aviation related topics in this forum and you are going to try to push it as far as you can.  Not sure why you want to fight the rules here at AVSIM and make it difficult for our moderators.  It is their job to make sure members comply with the AVSIM Terms of Service and other policies and rules.  So it is not the moderator's fault he removed the topic about train simulators.  He was only making sure the rules were followed.  I may open the hangar chat to anything goes but this is a flight simulation website and I'm trying to keep it related to aviation.  You know, questions about P3D/FSX that could be posted in both forums as the question is so general and it could not be discussed in both forums.  This is a tough job and some members, like you, make it extremely difficult for me and the moderating team.  Your topic about trains may or may not be brought back but know we are working on a solution.  Many people are just not interested in Trains sims and Truck sims.  They came here to AVSIM to learn about flight simulation and aviation.  We will be getting back to you.  Meanwhile, please stop being rude with the moderating team by going public with your complaint.  They are only doing their job.  It's inciting and inciting/trolling type comments are not allowed here.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I would not be rude (Which I dont think is was) to the moderating team if my previous requests for why threads were removed were not (apparently) ignored. I'm not a rude person, and I don't think I have that reputation. On the other hand, maybe I do, and I'm the last to know 😕

As for "pushing" it, I have no idea why anyone would feel that way: I have made the exact same threads for years and years, and have no idea what's changed suddenly. I can literally link to dozens (or more) of similar topics in the forum in question that caused no controversy at all. You can even just do a quick search of the forum to see all the trainsim threads over time.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

I hid the topic as it has nothing to do with aviation as per the clearly stated purpose of the hangar chat forum. I also remember that at one time trains were discussed in the forums but that is no longer the case. 

I ask you to realize and understand that we have rules to follow as moderators and  you are not being singled out. 

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

3 hours ago, 188AHC said:

I hid the topic as it has nothing to do with aviation as per the clearly stated purpose of the hangar chat forum. I also remember that at one time trains were discussed in the forums but that is no longer the case. 

I ask you to realize and understand that we have rules to follow as moderators and  you are not being singled out. 

I do realize you have rules to follow...... and my post was mostly frustration. I accept you didn't mean it personally.

But just as I Imagine your situation, Imagine my feelings when I have a thread removed (for instance) for "Not being about planes" and a few days later see a popular thread... about guitars, for goodness sake, and everything is fine.

At a certain point, without being rude, one has to ask "What's happening here?"

When it happens multiple times with no explanation, and requests for clarification go nowhere, then again the question occurs..... "What's happening?"

We have several forums, divided into multiple sub forums about specific varieties of planes so that's covered. If this was a business forum, I could understand it more, but for at least a decade, I've always thought of Avsim as a more open place, where people gathered to shoot the breeze to a certain extent.

I thought of It as my Sim-Home, And hangar chat was the central square, where people gathered to be friendly and shoot the breeze, within reasonable limits.

I have to admit being sad that things seem (from my perspective) to be becoming so rigid.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Devons rig

I have removed all restrictions for the Hangar Chat.  I do not want a police state at AVSIM or any of our members to be crushed under the boot of a mod. 

• Like 3

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Topic is now locked as some members have decided to use this topic to be abusive to AVSIM and the staff. 

Submit News to AVSIM