Sign in to follow this  
TimF

Traffic Global or Ultimate Traffic Live?

The missing PowerPack is the reason I still did not switch to UTLive. Currently, I am perfectly happy with my heavily modified UT2.

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

On 10/31/2018 at 6:58 PM, IanHarrison said:

When I enquired from Flight 1, I was told that UTL is no longer supported and would not be developed further. TG was the only AI which would have any progress.

Ian Harrison

I don't want to get involved in another thread about what is better or not, but the statement above is incorrect and false.

I have close contacts inside Flight1 and accordingly I emailed Steve Halpern and Jeff Smith to confirm such allegations, their official response was:

UTLive is still in active development and I have had several communications with Tom over the last month, including a message a few days ago. We have been working on UTLive, with some possible nice changes included.

There is also an official statement from Jeff Smith inside oficial F1 UTL forums explaining the reasons for the delays, however the product is still supported and being developed further.

Hope this helps to clarify the situation, I strongly advise avoiding allegations of this magnitude without having relevant information at hand. 

Kind Regards,
Simbol

Edited by simbol
  • Like 7
  • Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, simbol said:

There is also an official statement from Jeff Smith inside oficial F1 UTL forums explaining the reasons for the delays, however the product is still supported and being developed further.

I agree that posting false statements is wrong, but honestly, the bla bla we get from Flight1 in regard of UTLive development and updates is... well, just annoying in the best case. It was EXACTLY the same story for UT2 back in the days, every half a year those guys basically insisted on the "fact" that the development continues and in the end, most of the bugs were never addressed, it took them years for new schedules that then even did not work properly and the promised livery updates to reduce the "Daedalus" paints also never appeared. Instead, they suddenly came up with the product called UTLive and now the same old story started again. Although I totally understand the underlying reason behind the delay in everything considering UTLive, the precedessor UT2 simply shows that chances are there that UTLive will never become a "final" product. Probably it is simply the wrong approach to leave the full workload of UTLive on a single pair of shoulders...

I mean, honestly: my modified UT2 offers exactly the same as UTLive with the exception of the bug regarding AI over waters. Even worse for UTLive, thanks to an available PowerPack for UT2, I can easily update and expand my UT2 whenever I want, with some work, UT2 can easily provide more accurate and more up to date schedules with more variety than UTLive. And UT2 was released when? 10 years ago? What happened in those 10 years? It would have been waaaay easier to simply recode the UT2 installer to support Prepar3d and fix the bugs instead of doing a complete overhaul for nothing missing the most important tool (PowerPack)...

• Like 1

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

17 minutes ago, AnkH said:

I agree that posting false statements is wrong, but honestly, the bla bla we get from Flight1 in regard of UTLive development and updates is... well, just annoying in the best case. It was EXACTLY the same story for UT2 back in the days, every half a year those guys basically insisted on the "fact" that the development continues and in the end, most of the bugs were never addressed, it took them years for new schedules that then even did not work properly and the promised livery updates to reduce the "Daedalus" paints also never appeared. Instead, they suddenly came up with the product called UTLive and now the same old story started again. Although I totally understand the underlying reason behind the delay in everything considering UTLive, the precedessor UT2 simply shows that chances are there that UTLive will never become a "final" product. Probably it is simply the wrong approach to leave the full workload of UTLive on a single pair of shoulders...

I mean, honestly: my modified UT2 offers exactly the same as UTLive with the exception of the bug regarding AI over waters. Even worse for UTLive, thanks to an available PowerPack for UT2, I can easily update and expand my UT2 whenever I want, with some work, UT2 can easily provide more accurate and more up to date schedules with more variety than UTLive. And UT2 was released when? 10 years ago? What happened in those 10 years? It would have been waaaay easier to simply recode the UT2 installer to support Prepar3d and fix the bugs instead of doing a complete overhaul for nothing missing the most important tool (PowerPack)...

You can take your complain to them, being unhappy about a product and saying "I was told it is not supported anymore" are two different things.

I am showing the official statements so people can take their own decisions based on facts not fiction.

Kind Regards,
Simbol

Edited by simbol

12 hours ago, Mace said:

Since we're talking about it -- can I use PSXseeconTraffic to *supplement* my UTL setup?  Or must I disable UTL to have PSXseecontraffic going?  

You can run both, but why would you? You better only use the UTL liveries, next to other AI aircraft (packs),  in PSXseeconTraffic,

43 minutes ago, simbol said:

You can take your complain to them, being unhappy about a product and saying "I was told it is not supported anymore" are two different Things.

That's where I absolutely agree.

43 minutes ago, simbol said:

I am showing the official statements so people can take their own decisions based on facts not fiction.

That's where I do not agree. You can not call an official statement as "fact" and 10 year user experience as a customer as "fiction". That's why I did write my experience to put such official statements in the correct context. How many times we got exactly those kind of statements from Flight1 regarding further development and bug-resolving of Ultimate Traffic...

• Upvote 1

Greetings, Chris

1 minute ago, AnkH said:

That's where I do not agree. You can not call an official statement as "fact" and 10 year user experience as a customer as "fiction". That's why I did write my experience to put such official statements in the correct context. How many times we got exactly those kind of statements from Flight1 regarding further development and bug-resolving of Ultimate Traffic...

Chris,

You are taking my posts a bit too far, someone claimed Flight1 said they were not supporting the product, I am passing information to let people know this is not true as officially Flight1 is still supporting the product despite of such allegations.

Fake allegation = Flight1 said is not supporting the product.

Correction        = Flight1 is still providing support and never said such thing.

That simple, lets leave it there please.

I do not work for / with Flight1 and didn't come here to discuss, comment or defend Flight1 pass support experiences, company policies, etc, as it is not my place to do so. 

Kind Regards,
Simbol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AnkH said:

Probably it is simply the wrong approach to leave the full workload of UTLive on a single pair of shoulders...

Thats exactly my point! The dev's wife is fighting cancer and I'm sure everyone with at least a tiny bit of emphaty and common sense fully understands that he puts all his focus now on supporting his wife and familiy during these difficult times, no question about that. 

However, if you sell payware you have a certain responsibility, especially if its labeled as early access, meaning the product is unfiinished and supposed to receive updates on a regular basis. Part of this responsibility is to ensure that development continues, which simply isnt possible with only a single developer working on the project. 

From my point of view, Flight1, as the seller/publisher, is responsible to ensure that UTL development continues, and from what i have seen/heard so far, there are zero efforts from their side. The only official statement is that any post asking on their forums about updates will be deleted. Thats not how you handle such a situation and its the reason why i will never buy any product from Flight1 again. 

Again, i dont blame the dev and I wish him all the strenght he needs to pull through this terrible situation, but the way Flight1 handles this case is simply not acceptable from a business perspective. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Admittedly, UTL's lack of updates have been very annoying, not in the least because there are one or two silly bugs in there that badly need to be fixed. For one, Tehran's IKA Intl Airport has a typo in the UTL schedules (OIEE instead of OIIE), leaving it completely empty. And because there's no power pack, you can't easily export/amend/re-import he schedules yourselves.

Nevertheless, and please note I do not own TG, after having gone through hours of changing over many models and liveries from UTL's standard to FLAI models and liveries, UTL looks great on my system, and even if TG got way better within a day, given how much I have invested in UTL, I won't be too quick to change from it. But it's very important to understand that I really did put in hours to update liveries, change models, and add many many many airlines that UTL did not assign any models/liveries to. I should add that UTL comes with tons of schedules for many airlines (though outdated by now of course), but many are not actually assigned to any models and liveries.

I don't care too much for outdated schedules, as I don't know for many of them when to expect an aircraft at what location anyway, but what is a little annoying is that, because so many are outdated, there's been some mergers and bankruptcies that are not represented in the UTL flight schedules. it's relatively easy to circumvent by simply de-assigning liveries from bankrupt airlines, and with mergers you can always assign the new liveries to the outdated schedules. But, it'd be nicer if it were actually a merged schedule.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Contracting a one man show aka Tom Main to work on a global platform like UTL is both reckless and completely irresponsible on Flight1's end, or any licensing company for that matter. A developer bumps into personal issues which prevents him from working and we have what we have. To me this is an amateur hour by Flight 1.

• Like 1

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

I have both, was running utl and I've been trying out tg this week.the ai aircraft look better from utl. tg aircraft aren't bad but at least some of the tube liners have 'wheels on a stick' for undercarriages. tg configuration is barely functional, utl configuration is stable, neither I would call intuitive. given what I know now, I'm not sure what I would pick, probably utl for now.

The problem is that it's well known that the UT2 dev previously disappeared for years, and so people were suspicious when UT live came out that development would again stop abruptly - which it did. Despite my sympathy for the developer's personal situation, the product remains unfinished and I see no signs of progress and don't necessarily expect any in the near future. I've personally given up on this program for now, we'll see happens down the track but I'm not holding my breath. Flight1's response to this situation has further dissuaded me from recommending the product to others.

I did buy Traffic Global, and really like it. Frame-rate friendly and easily populates my airports with traffic.

Finally, I've used PSXseeconTraffic in the past and have previously made a number of positive comments about it on these forums. It's the only "Live" traffic out there, and provides a unique experience. Good to see Nico here - thanks mate for a great program! 

• Upvote 1

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

I'm seriously considering Traffic Global as an alternative to MyTraffic6.  I have been unable to get it to run on P3D v4.3 and the fact that its schedules are around 5 years old is reason enough to look for an alternative

I bought ChasePlane when it was in beta and that was a decent product from the start which got better over time. A decent discount price for the beta was also a draw.

I accept that TG is in beta (early release is just playing with words) and wouldn't expect to see all the airlines at Manchester I saw with MT6. But I would expect there to be regular updates of new aircraft and routes and for those missing aircraft to appear in the months ahead.

Can I ask those who are beta testers are you providing regular feedback to JustFlight and are they reacting in a positive way to your posts? How often do they provide updates?

I'm not really bothered about small glitches like jetways not connecting to Ai aircraft since those are reasonably easy problems to fix. But I would expect to see new airlines and routes on a regular basis. The whole point of a product in beta is that it is being actively worked on. A failure to update on a regular basis would concern me.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I am not a beta tester, but I bought TG and would advise you not to buy it at this time. The developer is pretty much ignoring the early access forum, and skies are fairly empty. I was hoping I could create my own schedules for my favourite airports. You can, of course, but the result was disappointing. Airplanes circle above the destination airport until they are supposed to be at the gate (which can be half a day, depending on how you created your schedules). There isn't much support from other users either, so I mothballed TG until there may be a major update. And no, there are no regular updates with new airlines. Updates happen irregularly and tend to be relatively small.

Peter 

• Upvote 1

@qqwertzde, thanks for your honest post. That is disappointing to read.

Do other early adopters feel the same?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather