Sign in to follow this  
TimF

Traffic Global or Ultimate Traffic Live?

Ray, I have UTL after many years with MT6. I never had any problem with MT6 but just wanted to try something new. As others have said, UTL has much nicer aircraft, both detail and resolution. Another thing I like about UTL is that the aircraft seem to takeoff and land more realistically whereas the MT6 aircraft seemed to slam onto the runway like a carrier landing. The FPS seems a little better with UTL.

The advantage of MT6 is that it included a lot of modified afcads for airports that I assume were responsible for the airlines parking at the correct spots at the airports. UTL does not have these so at default airports the aircraft are not parked where you would expect them but instead are parked randomly around the airports. If you have an addon airport with correct gate assignments this may not happen. I still need to check that. I'm like you though in that I just wanted to install and fly. There are a lot of things I would like to see improved but overall I like it a little better than MT6. If you want anything better you just need to invest a lot of time manually installing each airline and I don't have that time.

Ted

• Like 1

3770k@4.5 ghz, Noctua C12P CPU air cooler, Asus Z77, 2 x 4gb DDR3 Corsair 2200 mhz cl 9, EVGA 1080ti, Sony 55" 900E TV 3840 x 2160, Windows 7-64, FSX, P3dv3, P3dv4

Thanks Ted, good post. I have no idea why MT6 kept crashing on me in v4 when it was fine with v3. I even replicated my v3 MT6 install replacing the original but to no avail. I followed Poppet's instructions but it didn't help.

In any case MT6 is effectively unsupported now due to Burkhard's health and secondly, the schedule is 5 years old. Good enough reason to look for an alternative even if I could get it working which I can't.

I'm not particularly fussy about aircraft parking at the right gates except for the Emirates at EGCC since that's my local airport and I know the layout. At others I wouldn't have a clue so it doesn't matter. UK2000 does have alternative AFCADs if I want to change the default.

The improved models will be good in UTL. I just need someone to confirm RC4 is okay with it but it would be odd if it wasn't.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

8 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

perhaps he can check if the Etihad and Emirates are on the ground at 13:00 GMT.

Which day? Makes a difference, but only in UTL 😉

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

24 minutes ago, JoeFackel said:

Which day? Makes a difference, but only in UTL 😉

Mon-Fri definitely. In around noon; depart around 1400 local.

Also at weekends but unsure of times. Probably times close to weekdays. Emirates has an A380 service to MAN 3 times a day believe it or not.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

34 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Mon-Fri definitely. In around noon; depart around 1400 local.

Also at weekends but unsure of times. Probably times close to weekdays. Emirates has an A380 service to MAN 3 times a day believe it or not.

First a screenshot of EGCC Apron:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnsdMXVae7ZhnHw6SjsqyyZtymUP

Here a screenshot of UTL's status board showing all flights:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnsdMXVae7ZhnH15OSrfatRw3E_k

Something i have to add: these are nearly ALL flight from my custom added schedules with the most acutal flightplans i could find on AIG or UTT. Also the repaints are updated with new liveries and AI models so it does NOT reflect the stock schedules and look of UTL.

These screenshots are made with 100% Commercial traffic density, normally i use 60%.

Edited by JoeFackel
  • Like 1

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

Thanks Joe. Looks more than reasonable. But it sounds like you have added a lot of flights yourself.

Is there any facility to make these available to other UTL customers? Otherwise everyone does their own thing when sharing seems much better.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I also found both daily Etihad flights to EGCC in UTL.

It's not so much about adding flights Ray, UTL includes most from the time period they are from. It's that UTL doesn't include every single repaint to fill all of the plans that comes with it.

But here is a screenshot from EGCC with a stock UTL, nothing extra done to it.

2018-11-19-14-41-19-739.jpg

Edited by Dave_YVR
  • Like 1

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

8 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Is there any facility to make these available to other UTL customers? Otherwise everyone does their own thing when sharing seems much better.

Yes and no.

No, there isn't an official sharing place for custom UTL schedules, but

YES, there is more or less is as i have used UTT flightplans to convert them to UTL .xml schedules so you could call THAT an official "sharing place" 😉

And during i wrote this and had P3D in the background the A380 started taxing exact at 12:56 UTC.

Edited by JoeFackel
  • Like 2

Signature3.png

1 minute ago, JoeFackel said:

Yes and no.

No, there isn't an official sharing place for custom UTL schedules, but

YES, there is more or less is as i have used UTT flightplans to convert them to UTL .xml schedules so you could call THAT an official "sharing place" 😉

I don’t understand the above probably because I don’t have UTL. Where are these UTL.XML files located? Centrally or on your own system?

Has anyone suggested an uploading service to Flight1? They’d need to check details but it would be a great way of keeping schedules reasonably current. Or am I overly simplifying things?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

17 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

I don’t understand the above probably because I don’t have UTL. Where are these UTL.XML files located? Centrally or on your own system?

The schedules of UTL are in xml format and they are on your system. The stock schedules are hardcoded but each airline can be deactivated one by one, so did i before i added a new schedule to UTL.

Signature3.png

Thanks Joe. I’ve seen enough now courtesy of you and Dave to convince me UTL is a safe purchase.

Once I’ve finished installing my airports I’ll be buying it. I can learn the tricks of the trade in slower time. It sounds a massive improvement over MT6 which was a nightmare to amend.

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

13 hours ago, Ted Striker said:

The advantage of MT6 is that it included a lot of modified afcads for airports that I assume were responsible for the airlines parking at the correct spots at the airports. UTL does not have these so at default airports the aircraft are not parked where you would expect them but instead are parked randomly around the airports

Those AFCADs are all in a Scenery Layer, and can remain in your SCENERY.CFG no matter what traffic program you use -- provided of course you own MT6.

Pete

• Upvote 1

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

I uninstalled TG yesterday using their uninstaller. Guess what: now P3D won't start anymore and stalls very early in the launching process. I can definitely not recommend Traffic Global to anyone at this time.

Peter

23 minutes ago, qqwertzde said:

I uninstalled TG yesterday using their uninstaller. Guess what: now P3D won't start anymore and stalls very early in the launching process. I can definitely not recommend Traffic Global to anyone at this time.

Peter

Do you need any help to troubleshoot your sim to get it back to normal?

Regards,
Simbol

23 hours ago, Dave_YVR said:

Keep in mind that TG's plans are all on 24 hour plans, each aircraft does 1 return flight a day and then sits dormant which will overpopulate your larger airports. Airline fleets that are included are also quite basic, with many airlines missing many aircraft types. UTL on the other hand, of course, is using schedules over a year old, it's been out since March of 2017! It has had a couple of updates since then that were both more to the program itself fixing many bugs and issues and not for the schedule. 

Hence why there's 15 easyjet a/c there.  

• Like 1

14ppkc-6.png