Sign in to follow this  
TimF

Traffic Global or Ultimate Traffic Live?

I wasn't impressed with TG. As much as people say that UTL is unfinished, it's still miles ahead of TG. TG needs to progress a VERY long way, from it's plans, to models, to liveries, night lighting and lightmaps.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

Yes! There has been only one minor update since last May and the developer, Rich Slater, has gone missing a good while back! Just Flight has been entirely quiet on the TG forum for many weeks now. Not a peep, and the *early access* buyers are getting quite anxious!

Bruce 

Edited by brucets
  • Upvote 1

Thanks gents. The opinion seems unanimous. I might post a question on JustFlight and see what reaction I get.

It seems to be Hobson's Choice at present if you want a finished product.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Just think, you could have downloaded FLAi and AIFP and have had most if not all of the worlds major airlines added days ago with less effort than how much work and typing you have been doing the past week trying to get the archaic MyT6 working etc. 🤪

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Dave_YVR said:

Just think, you could have downloaded FLAi and AIFP and have had most if not all of the worlds major airlines added days ago with less effort than how much work and typing you have been doing the past week trying to get the archaic MyT6 working etc. 🤪

Dave, I thought I had made it abundantly clear in all my discussions about Ai that I want a single solution and not something that involves lots of manual work. Each to their own.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Lol, that's just my point, you have done more manual work just in the past week alone than it would have taken to get yourself actual good AI. Nothing to get worked up over.

3 minutes ago, Dave_YVR said:

Lol, that's just my point, you have done more manual work just in the past week alone than it would have taken to get yourself actual good AI. Nothing to get worked up over.

I am getting worked up over it because it’s not the first time you have posted the suggestion despite me making it abundantly clear I do not want to go down that route. Give it a rest will you. This topic is about Traffic Global or UTL.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

1 hour ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

I am getting worked up over it because it’s not the first time you have posted the suggestion despite me making it abundantly clear I do not want to go down that route. Give it a rest will you. This topic is about Traffic Global or UTL.

Get UTL, it is install and go.

There is also now a free utility called AI2UTL which can help you to push new liveries to it.

Regards,

Simbol 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, simbol said:

Get UTL, it is install and go.

There is also now a free utility called AI2UTL which can help you to push new liveries to it.

Regards,

Simbol 

I looked at the product on Flight1 but it doesn’t say how old the schedules are. And is it compatible with Radar Contact? That is essential.

Liveries are not much use unless they have flight plans. What’s the situation regarding those?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Ray,

Unless you do your own schedules, you are not going to find anything even close to current world operations.

Radar Contact is another product that is very old, I used it until I moved to P3D I don't know if it works with UTL.

UTL schedules are around 1 year old.

Regards 

S.

Simbol,

If the schedules are 12 months old that’s fine. The only place I would have an idea how up to date they are is Manchester. Are Monarch Airlines still there? Given the airline went bust earlier this year maybe there is the opportunity to remove all their flights?

RC needs to be able to see Ai. If it can’t then it’s a non-starter. Likewise EFB v2 needs to be able to see them too. I would hope so otherwise it’s going to have limited use.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Monarch and Air Berlin are still in UTL, but you can deactivate them with just a few clicks. The schedules are 1,5-2 years old, to replace single stock schedules with actual ones is not that complicated, if you want i can provide you an link to my cloud drive with around 160 updated schedules.

• Like 1

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

7 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Simbol,

If the schedules are 12 months old that’s fine. The only place I would have an idea how up to date they are is Manchester. Are Monarch Airlines still there? Given the airline went bust earlier this year maybe there is the opportunity to remove all their flights?

RC needs to be able to see Ai. If it can’t then it’s a non-starter. Likewise EFB v2 needs to be able to see them too. I would hope so otherwise it’s going to have limited use.

I cannot tell you specific traffic time tables.

I use ProAtc-X and it sees the traffic.

F1 has a returning policy, check it out, so you can buy it try it and return it if it doesn't work. Alternatively you can ask these questions to F1.

Regards 

Simbol 

• Upvote 1

Ray,

I am using UTL Live and fly only real world routes, with actual schedules taken from FlightAware, I can say that most - if not all - the time I fetch my clearance or dial Ground, I hear the same flight on the frequency doing the same thing... At times it can be confusing as the callsign is identical to mine and I have to pay attention to ATC's instructions consistency with my flight path. However, when on my climb to cruise, I generally loose my "duplicate" as AI traffic climbs much faster than real planes and do not necessarily follow my routing which is according to the daily weather. 

That should indicate how accurate and up-to-date the flight scheduling of UT Live is. I hope that there will be a way to keep those schedules up-to-date in the future as well.

Regarding Aivlasoft EFB v2 which I am also using, it most definitely "sees" the AI traffic with callsigns and flight info such as altitude, and the same coincides with what I hear on the frequency. I do not use Radar Contact.

Edited by Jean-Claude

9 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Simbol,

Ray I work in scheduling I PROMISE you they are more than 12 months old.  He bought some shoulder season data from OAG and sabre and threw it into his software.

sorry to sound arrogant,  but i know my stuff when it comes to this I do it day in day out for a job.

I can work it out based on what a/c are on certain virgin route and at what time hes planned etd is.  the MAN-BGI AND + BFS/GLA-MCO is the huge giveaway.  Hes got the old etd/ets from 2 years ago. 

you can also work it out by seeing if theres any a/c in PVK  and KLX for example at easyjet and also if theres ski charters in SZG and GNB for example 

Edited by tooting
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

14ppkc-6.png