Sign in to follow this  
ChandlerL

Another "annoyed" post...

With FS9! Yes, after all this time, I will also probably leave the FS9. Delete... and all my addons.I was just approaching Glasgow where apparently was an approach controller exam coming up. So I thought, OK, lets get into that mess :) And just as I was at FL160 approaching on LANAK1A STAR, a CTD!!! I was flying PMDG 737-700.I think FS9 will stay grounded until FSX arrives.

I know what you mean. I have taken a break from Flight Sim on many occasion for this same reason. I actually blew away my huge FS9 installation in the last few weeks and have not re-installed it yet. I decided to blow away Windows XP too. I have decided to go with a dual-boot configuration, to try and alleviate the amount of software installed on the OS I use for FS. I went out and bought a 300GB drive to add to my two 80GB drives, so it makes it easier to do this. Heck I can give Vista a run too and see how it performs.In anycase I feel your pain, and hope you get it sorted out.[hr color=#000000][table border=0" width="98%" id="table1" height="2" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="1][td width=500]Jason[br /]General Aviation Fan[br][/b]

But, why do you think FSX be any better? For sure, you won't be flying the PMDG 737 in FSX.Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

I don't know, I can only hope.Yeah, I hope to be flying something better than PMDG 737 in FSX :)

Hi Word Not Allowed,You can't give up after one CTD. Or was it one of many?What error message did you get? Was it the ATC.DLL problem? If so do you have FSUIPC v3.70 installed?Are you using the default ATC, flying on-line or using Radar Contact?You're not giving me much info to work out what the problem might be.I know it's annoying when these crashes happen but the only time I've had one is when certain combination of frequencies are included in your flight plan. I can count on the fingers of one hand the number I've had and I have a lot of 3rd party scenery, aircraft, ground textures and terrain installed.More info please.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I will admit, I'm not optimistic about the performance of FSX. But, PMDG are working on a replacement for the venerable 737. And having a new 737 to fly from PMDG will make up for a lot of other shortfalls. What happens to the CTD's if you reinstall FS9 and then load only the 737? Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

Guest monsoon

Go see Michael at FSGS man. Many have stated on here about their results. They are right. I have a very high end system and i STILL went and saw him. BTW, if ANYONE uses NOD32 virus protection this WILL cause CTD's with vatsim EVEN IF YOU USE FSAUTOSTART TO DISABLE IT. this took me a year to figure out. i am not kidding.asus a832-sliamd fx602 gig ocz 4000dual eVGA 7800 GTXnow with a system like this you would think i wouldnt have to go see Michael but i am glad i did. TALK TO HIM.

Guest monsoon

Hi John. Not sure if you are kidding or not but YES it does. AND there is no rhyme or rhythm to it. I got SOOO frustrated because i thought i woul dhave it narrowed down to "ok maybe it is this scenery that is causing it" but then i flew somewhere else and guess what, CTD. If you need a hand configuring NOD let me know, but i think there is a blurb on the NOD32 website about how to configure it specifically for MSFS. I hope this helps because no one should be denied the pleasure of flying online. Hope all people read this that have NOD32 and been having probs. And i am sure if NOD32 has been causing CTD's many other sacnners do too.

>Hi Word Not Allowed,>>You can't give up after one CTD. Or was it one of many?>>What error message did you get? Was it the ATC.DLL problem? If>so do you have FSUIPC v3.70 installed?>>Are you using the default ATC, flying on-line or using Radar>Contact?>>You're not giving me much info to work out what the problem>might be.>>I know it's annoying when these crashes happen but the only>time I've had one is when certain combination of frequencies>are included in your flight plan. I can count on the fingers>of one hand the number I've had and I have a lot of 3rd party>scenery, aircraft, ground textures and terrain installed.>>More info please.The problem I have is not connected to any DLL. It just closes with a message in the Event Viewer without any dll info. Just empty.Interestingly enough, I flew the SAME flight a bit later in the night, same configuration and all, even time and day season, and it did not crash!!!Only thing that pops to my mind is that there were no Squawkbox3 aircraft online. There were more occasions already where I suspected that there is some model in the SB3 causing this... but I can't say for sure.My FSUIPC is 3.6.5, I will update to 3.7.0, but it wasn't atc.dll.And no, I'm not using RC4 or default ATC, I am flying online on VATSIM only.Info as it appears in the event viewer (2 entries):The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: 6.The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: 7.

>Hi John. Not sure if you are kidding or not but YES it does.>AND there is no rhyme or rhythm to it. I got SOOO frustrated>because i thought i woul dhave it narrowed down to "ok maybe>it is this scenery that is causing it" but then i flew>somewhere else and guess what, CTD. If you need a hand>configuring NOD let me know, but i think there is a blurb on>the NOD32 website about how to configure it specifically for>MSFS. I hope this helps because no one should be denied the>pleasure of flying online. Hope all people read this that have>NOD32 and been having probs. And i am sure if NOD32 has been>causing CTD's many other sacnners do too.I haven't been using any scanners for like 4 years now, my PC has never been faster and I did not receive one virus or worm or anything similar.I guess one only has to know how to work with the pc :)

Guest monsoon

Word Not Allowed:Thats EXACTLY the error i got on my event viewer. ARE you using NOD32? If not what virus scanner are u using?Disregard i see you posted earlier.

Hi Word Not Allowed,Because this problem happens when flying on-line I can't help I'm afraid. But I see there are plenty offering suggestions so hopefully you can get the problem resolved.At least you stand a good chance of getting a resolution if it's not atc.dll related because that problem will remain unresolved with FS9.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Ray,I have also been experiencing many of the same CTDs described above for the last 3-4 weeks with the same message in the event viewer. Sometimes I get an error message saying the program must be restarted and 9 times out of ten that error is "ntdll.dll". Other times (more and more as of late) FS9 just up and quits with a black screen and nothing else.I use FS9 with the last update installed, FSUIPC 3.70(unregistered), ASV6(build 530), RC4.01, Ultimate Traffic, and AI Smooth. I also use FSautostart to load the FS.I've had CTDs with various types of aircraft ranging from default BE58, POSKY 737-700/800, PIC737, as well as others. I have CTDs at different locations in the USA however when I try to place an aircraft at KMIA it normally crashes while attempting to load or immediately after.I have tried starting without using FSautostart....CTDI have tried without ASV6....CTDI have tried without Ultimate traffic (traffic slider set at 0)..CTDI have no add-on sceneries installed. No dupe AFCADS per scanafd.I have run a memory test and registry cleaner...no problems detected.Yep, add me to the list of frustrated users that are really close to un-installing the whole mess! There is nothing worse than spending 30 minutes building a flight plan, getting everything started, doing the cockpit prep, flying for 55 minutes and then......NOTHING!I would sure appreciate any ideas that you or anyone else may have.BillSPECS:P4 2.8, 1024Meg Corsair DDR SDRAM, 80 GB HD(48% remaining), ATI9800 Pro 128Mb, CH yoke and pedals.