Sign in to follow this  
crippy1

P3Dv4 aircraft recommendations

All,

I am looking for a high quality highly realistic charter airplane to fly almost exclusively at night (after work). 

I am looking for planes close to A2A quality and available for P3Dv4.

I currently already own all A2A aircraft except for the v-tail; and the GLJ Learjet 25.

Planes can be multi engine, single engine, turbo prop, jet, etc.

Night cockpit lighting and general lighting is a weighing factor too.

Most flights will be under 1-2 hours max.

Thank you very much, I am looking forward to the responses!

Hi...

Well - for aircraft traditionally used in the charter role - I'd suggest the Carenado PC-12 with all the mods (I use Bert's Mod - the latest FDE Mod - RXP GTN - RXP GNS - REX Wx Radar) which makes for a very capable aircraft or the Carenado Navajo... I have both and they seem like some of Carenado's better efforts... I recall several Navajo pilots confirming the FDE was pretty much spot on - back when they released it... I like the Navajo with it's insanely long engine nacelles...

Regards,
Scott

Edited by scottb613

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Carenado's Citation 550...  You cannot go wrong with it, excellent autopilot!  Good flight envelope for flights of your preferred length.

John

Leonardo Fly The Maddog 64 bit and or TFDi 717. Both beautiful sim planes inside and out that will keep you busy for a long time.

Vic green

20 minutes ago, Captain Kevin said:

I personally fly the PMDG Boeing 747-400, and you can certainly fly it on short flights if you so desire. I do it all the time.

Funny you should mention that, I found a 777 BA flight from Dublin to London Heathrow. It only got my attention because I live a few miles away from EIDW and the GE90's are quite a distinctive sound. 

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

4 hours ago, PATCO LCH said:

Leonardo Fly The Maddog 64 bit and or TFDi 717. Both beautiful sim planes inside and out that will keep you busy for a long time.

+1  Both these have some of the best night lighting in the business.  TFDi if u prefer more automation and the VC displays are easier to read if using a smaller monitor.

Matt Wilson

High quality highly realistic charter airplane; Take a look att Milviz. I waiting for F/15-E but I know they have a new PA-30 Twin Comanche.

5 hours ago, Captain Kevin said:

I personally fly the PMDG Boeing 747-400, and you can certainly fly it on short flights if you so desire. I do it all the time.

Great! Good to here that I not are alone using B747-8 as a city-hoper!

The Majestic Dash 8 Q400, of course! 😉 Highly realistic and used for short charter flights in real life too. It is my all time favorite addon plane. Night lighting may be a bit basic though but I love it. 

6 hours ago, Jude Bradley said:

Funny you should mention that, I found a 777 BA flight from Dublin to London Heathrow. It only got my attention because I live a few miles away from EIDW and the GE90's are quite a distinctive sound. 

Kind to share a flight number please?

My fleet consists of: PMDG 737, 747 and 777, FSL A319/A320 and Majestic Dash. Couldn't be happier.

Edited by SimonC

What about the Aerosoft CRJ? I certainly enjoy the aircraft. Visuals are great, dynamic lighting, systems are good. Great little aircraft for short hops, it may suit your needs quite well. 

Is it done yet? When will it be released? Will it be freeware or payware? How much will it cost? Any updates on the progress? Will it work for Xbox? Can I be a beta tester? How's the performance in VR?

Yes I agree. The CRJ is a fantastic plane. The only let down is my left arm got tired of manually controlling throttle.

So if the type of plane you want needs an autothrottle, then the CRJ might not be a good choice.

But, if you're fine with that, I recommend it. It might drop in performance, but for me, it works like a charm.