Sign in to follow this  
arwasairl

Weather radar....

I never understood how to use a weather radar, and the NDs on the PMDG 737 and the FSL A320  don't show anything. (Im obviously doing something wrong...)

Dq3RniJUUAArhGP.jpg:large

But I can't really say It's the A320's fault since the weather is a little too good for the WX Radar to be any use...

Dq3SFE-UUAA-cgY.jpg:large

Even with thunderstorms, I don't see much. (Tilt all the way down?)

Dq3S1q1V4AI8vCP.jpg:large

So I guess I REALLY don't know how to use a WX radar...

Edited by Aaron Kim

Aaron Kim

MOS 8502 @ 2Mhz, 512 KB 1750 Ram Expansion Unit, VIC-II E (40 columns mode), SID 6581 3-voice sound chip. 

그래요!! 

You need to have Active Sky on with rain for the radar to show it.

Pierre

Oh dang! Now I need another addon for an addon to work.

Aaron Kim

MOS 8502 @ 2Mhz, 512 KB 1750 Ram Expansion Unit, VIC-II E (40 columns mode), SID 6581 3-voice sound chip. 

그래요!! 

23 minutes ago, Aaron Kim said:

Even with thunderstorms, I don't see much. (Tilt all the way down?)

I only see puffy fair-weather cumulus clouds in your screen shots. And in an earlier life I was a meteorologist....

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

1 minute ago, fppilot said:

I only see puffy fair-weather cumulus clouds in your screen shots. And in an earlier life I was a meteorologist....

I just used the " Major Thunderstorms" setting for weather in the default weather select in P3D.

I guess there's nothing major about it.

Edited by Aaron Kim

Aaron Kim

그래요!! 

No weather will show on PMDG aircraft unless you have Active Sky weather program; though i understand that PMDG is working to eventually add REX as well

1 hour ago, Aaron Kim said:

I just used the " Major Thunderstorms" setting for weather in the default weather select in P3D.

Ha! At a minimum the setting does not match the clouds in view.  In FSX I use an add in named FS Global Real Weather (FSGRW) and it has been so spot on in what it presents that I have not given other weather engines much consideration.  Don't know if it is P3D compatible.  I fly with flight plans from a real world aviation site, Fltplan.com, and my sim weather and flight plan weather are always a close match.  Fltplan.com has an app for the ios and for Android that runs live connected to the sim and presents live flight plan moving map and live weather radar.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Active Sky? Gosh I need to buy an addon when I already BOUGHT an addon grrrr

^(Yeah I don't need it)

Edited by Aaron Kim

Aaron Kim

그래요!! 

No thank you from the OP for any of the people who tried to help him out. What to say about this attitude?

I was vacuuming the house.

Thanks for all you're guy's response, I appreciate it!

Edited by Aaron Kim

Aaron Kim

그래요!! 

2 hours ago, Aaron Kim said:

Active Sky? Gosh I need to buy an addon when I already BOUGHT an addon grrrr

You don't "have" to buy it ...

David Porrett

Sorry, but I also considered about REX Sky Force 3D.

Is it any good? It's not much cheaper than AS16

Edited by Aaron Kim

Aaron Kim

그래요!! 

Hi,

A weather add-on in my opinion is a must. You will get a lot of use out of a weather add-on.

Dont think of it as you have to buy another add-on, Perhaps think about the usage you would get out of active sky (or something similar), it’s an add on you would essentially use each and every time you use the simulator whether your flying the 737 or a small GA craft.

I highly recommend it.

Edited by flyinpilot212121

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

4 hours ago, arwasairl said:

Sorry, but I also considered about REX Sky Force 3D.

Is it any good? It's not much cheaper than AS16

For now, you’d have to buy AS16 for the weather radar to work in the PMDG planes. Not sure what the requirements are for FSL since I don’t own it. Generally speaking AS16 is regarded as a better weather program than other brands.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator