Sign in to follow this  
Simicro

Pilatus PC6 Porter and Cessna 337 Skymaster

Hi all,

In my days on FSX I had the Pilatus PC6 Porter and Cessna 337 Skymaster by http://www.fsd-international.com and found them "different" and interesting to fly.

Anybody knows if FSD has plans to port them on P3D?

I'm also wondering if Steve Small is still part of FSD and doing the FDE?

Edited by Simicro

- TONY -

Hi Tony,

i haven’t heard anything from FSD - Aerosoft has a work in progress PC-6 that looks absolutely superb - sadly - it’s been that way for years and the going seems slow... Haven’t checked in lately though...

Regards,

Scott

• Like 1

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Hello Scott,

Thanks. Will check with Aerosoft.

- TONY -

Iirc the old Porter freeware by Piglet works fine in P3dv4.  Originally made for fsx. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Simicro said:

That's the XPlane version.

I've been looking forward to Marcel's porter. AS is vague on the status of the project. Let's keep hope alive.

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/80189-pc-6-b2-h4-turbo-porter-4x-preview/

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

I have the Carenado C337 and after applying HawkDSL turbo mods (they are in the Library, and according to Hank, blessed by Carenado) it is a real nice mountain flyer. The extra power comes in handy on those short strips.

John Howell

Prepar3D V5, Windows 10 Pro, I7-9700K @ 4.6Ghz, EVGA GTX1080, 32GB Corsair Dominator 3200GHz, SanDisk Ultimate Pro 480GB SSD (OS), 2x Samsung 1TB 970 EVO M.2 (P3D), Corsair H80i V2 AIO Cooler, Fulcrum One Yoke, Samsung 34" 3440x1440 curved monitor, Honeycomb Bravo throttle quadrant, Thrustmaster TPR rudder pedals, Thrustmaster T1600M stick 

Thanks for your feedback John.

So you are happy with the Carenado C337?

- TONY -

The Carenado C337 is very nice. It's a shame it doesn't include the variant used as a FAC aeroplane, but it's close enough that some people have done repaints to make it a lookalike. In any case, it is definitely one worth checking out.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

I read about the Carenado C337 and I am on the verge to take her.

As I understand the aircraft is fully compatible P3Dv4.3?

I don't use GPS. Is there an option to remove (or not to display) the GPS on the panel?

- TONY -

FSD Pilatus and O2A, mist coming to my eyes 😀. They were the jewels of our hobby in FS2004. But FSD has been dead for a long time now, early in the FSX era I’d say. As far as I remember the team splits, not even sure that all are still alive. A site still sells their products though but I would be wary. And I suspect that any indication there of P3D compatibility refers to P3D v1.

I bought Carenado 337 because  FSD O2A was a favorite of mine. Was disappointed. The aircraft is externally nice, the cockpit lighting not so great on my screen, and the flight modeling, how to say it, is bland. 

• Like 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam