Sign in to follow this  
SwissChris

Let's revive the history of the Swiss military aviation

Good morning, everyone,

A few images are often more telling to introduce our small team whose primary goal is to bring the history of Swiss military aviation back to life through our flight simulators:
Our first success was the Morane D-3801, a French fighter built under license in Switzerland during the last World War... :

LockheedMartinPrepar3Dv312.09.201808_27_

LockheedMartinPrepar3Dv413.09.201810_26_

LockheedMartinPrepar3Dv312.09.201807_43_

Today, our team consists of four members:

• a "conductor" former militia pilot of the Swiss army;
  • a technical manager, former mechanic on all Swiss army fighter aircraft;
  • a developer for the entire aircraft modeling (myself);
  • a developer for all the scenes of the aerodromes rebuilt as in the past.

And we can also count on several enthusiasts and former Swiss military pilots for all our tests!

We are currently working on the DH-100 Vampire which was the first jet aircraft in our army....:

BlenderCockpitTexture2.jpg

VampireTextExt.jpg

VampireTextExt6.jpg

VampireTextExt2.jpg

VA_Test_181027f.jpg

VA_Test_181027b.jpg

VA_Test_181027g.jpg

We attach great importance to details, not only visual but also technical: our aircraft have a flight model that is as close to reality as possible, controlled and tested by former Swiss military aviation professionals...
And to complete the picture, our DH-100 Vampire has a functional weaponry thanks to VRS TackPack...!

I hope you will enjoy our work.
Best regards, and have a good flight!

Edited by SwissChris
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Chris
Designer - Developer
SignatureForums.png
Facebook Page SwissMilSim - YouTube SwissMilSim

wiseguy

Colonel,Indian Army.

My rig : z370  i9 9900k RTX 3090 MSI, 32 gb Ram, m2 nvme 1tb, sata ssd 1tb, 4tb hdd, 850watt smps antek bronze

my sims : DCS world, IL2 Battle of kuban, Stalingrad , MSFS, P3D 5.1, X-plane, Elite dangerous, Star citizen

Interesting images! The name "Morane" sounded a bit familiar, and I just noticed that I've a "Morane-Saulnier 893" in my FSX/SE collection. But, here, this "Morane 3801" variant reminds me of the legendary Spitfire. Nice cockpit/gauge details on the 1st shot. Thanks for the history and good-luck with project!

9 hours ago, Cactus521 said:

What about the Swiss Navy?

You will laugh,... but the Swiss navy does exist! Switzerland has a commercial fleet present on all the oceans of the world....

And even more surprisingly, the Swiss navy also exists! Present on Swiss lakes and reveries, mainly near borders. Of course, aircraft carriers are not very numerous! 🤣

Chris
Designer - Developer
SignatureForums.png

What an impressive aircraft, the Morane. Back in 2000 or 2001, I saw her at the Swiss Air Force Museum at Dübendorf.  Great work in modelling in showing her in pictures!

(What about a Pilatus P-3 as next project?)

Harald Geyer
   Gründer der Messerschmitt Freunde Dresden v. V.

lYI9iQV.jpg

As a Swiss tax payer I must admit I never understood why Switzerland invests in such an enormous army/airforce (and even navy) for a neutral country. Anyway....nice pics!!

18 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

Waiting for the Hawker.. :smile:

16 hours ago, HaraldG said:

(What about a Pilatus P-3 as next project?) 

Hello everyone,

The hawker will come... later! The P-3 also, no doubt.... In the logical order, De Havilland Venom should follow first...

4 hours ago, steve310002 said:

As a Swiss tax payer I must admit I never understood why Switzerland invests in such an enormous army/airforce (and even navy) for a neutral country. Anyway....nice pics!! 

I'm not a militarist, not at all! But my experience of life in the world we live in has taught me how to defend my interests...! Switzerland, too, is giving itself the means to defend its interests! Being neutral does not mean being permissive.... But this is a personal opinion and has nothing to do with my passion for aviation.

Thank you all for your feedback!

Chris
Designer - Developer
SignatureForums.png

4 minutes ago, SwissChris said:

I'm not a militarist, not at all! But my experience of life in the world we live in has taught me how to defend my interests...! Switzerland, too, is giving itself the means to defend its interests! Being neutral does not mean being permissive.... But this is a personal opinion and has nothing to do with my passion for aviation.

Fair enough. I'm Irish living in Switzerland, also a neutral country and our air corps looks like this....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_aircraft_of_the_Irish_Air_Corps

As you will see pretty useless for any military defense prupose. We'd be as well hurling a few spuds at any would be invaders 😂 They are a valuable asset though. They are mostly used for patrols of our huge ocean territory (mostly in terms of fisheries) which is actually much much bigger than the country itself. Several times the size in fact -

https://www.marine.ie/Home/site-area/irelands-marine-resource/real-map-ireland

I know quite a few Swiss who voted against the purchase of new military aircraft in the recent referendum due to the billions it would cost (and it was a no vote for everyone else not living in Switzerland). Anyway, I enjoy watching the fighter jets when they fly low and loud over my workplace or when I see them in Sion. I just hope Switzerland never has any reason to use them which fortunately I don't imagine they will.

9 hours ago, steve310002 said:

Fair enough. I'm Irish living in Switzerland, also a neutral country and our air corps looks like this....

Yes,... but with agreements with the armies of the USA, Denmark... according to my memory...
But it doesn't matter: the most important thing is the passion for fighter planes that we all want to never see in a real conflict!

Chris
Designer - Developer
SignatureForums.png

Hello everyone,

Here are some pictures on our latest rocket test, with TacPack support..., and it works pretty well!

LockheedMartinPrepar3Dv403.11.201812_41_

LockheedMartinPrepar3Dv403.11.201812_24_

LockheedMartinPrepar3Dv403.11.201812_32_

LockheedMartinPrepar3Dv403.11.201812_25_

For information, the shooting range used for these tests is called Axalp. On this square in the Swiss Alps, a shooting demonstration is held every year and is open to the public...

Have a good flight!

• Like 1

Chris
Designer - Developer
SignatureForums.png

I found touring Switzerland quite amazing because of the military mountain tunnels.  From time to time we would drive by in our motorcoach and see a tunnel open, their entrances are so easily concealed.  Near airfields aircraft can be hidden inside, tanks, and other military hardware.  The country does not plan to be taken easily should another invader ever come thru.  So when you look at those Alps from above, imagine what might be underneath them.  My last visit there was last year and I covered a lot of ground, from eastern Switzerland into the Bernese Oberland.  Great country to see, especially around Luzern and Lauterbrunnen which has Europe's highest waterfall, Staubach Falls.

John

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Good morning, everyone,

Look what a former Swiss professional military pilot did with our Vampire being created...! The purpose of this video is to present our work at a meeting of flight simulation enthusiasts in Switzerland today.
After watching this video, a former Army Corps Commander and Commander of the Swiss Military Aviation said:

"So there,..., you and your colleagues amaze me. Great job... I can't believe my eyes, it's incredible. Congratulations to you.
With my most cordial messages,
Fernand Carrel"

Enjoy and have a good flight!

https://youtu.be/O4D9gK9f5iM

Chris
Designer - Developer
SignatureForums.png