Sign in to follow this  
Redeye1

Flickering runway/taxiway textures P3Dv4

Yes, I know it's not a new topic, but, I've had P3Dv4.3 for almost 2 months now after years of running FSX.  I don't have the newest or most powerful system by any means, but it should be adequate when I see examples of other systems out there.  For the most part, I thoroughly enjoy the P3D experience but the thing that bugs me the most that I can't seem to get rid of is mentioned in the subject line. From reading ad nauseum (sp) concerning the subject it appears that it's primary control is AA. I've tried numerous settings and combinations (with NVIDIA Inspector) and cannot get rid of the problem.  Any suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated!  My system consists of

I7 4790 @4.6

GTX 970

DDR3 2400 16G

BenQ 24 inch 1080P monitor

Currently running P3D AA @ 4XSSA (no NVI) and this seems to be the best.  Thanks for your attention!

Regards,

Mike

• Like 1

Any addons installed? 

Is it flashing, or is it like if two textures on are on the same layer?

It depends. If you have any addon sceneries, then that's a different story.

If it happens on default airports then there might be something wrong.

Can you elaborate please?

Edited by arwasairl

Thanks for your quick response.  Yes I have ORBX Installed (Global Base, Vector, and Open LC NA and EU), but no add on airports. I would have to describe it as flashing, not overlapping textures.  I see it on the ground and from the air when above the airport.

Do you have any addons like PTA or TomatoShade?
I have had a problem with PTA flashing textures.

If this is not the case, go to FTX Central 3 and try going to 

Settings > Force Migration

Dq4UVfjUwAAgUIM.jpg:large

If that doesn't work, disable ORBX. If it still happens with ORBX disabled, then it could be a Shader issue.

Here's a video I found. It is a problem with PTA, and if it looks like this then it's a Shader issue.

Regards,

Aaron

Edited by arwasairl

Thanks Aaron, no PTA or TomatoShade.  Already gone the Force Migration route, so I'll try disabling ORBX and see if that helps.

Regards,

Mike

Do you have a screenshot you can share?

Also, have you tried the Migration Troubleshooter?

It's in <your Prepar3D installation> \ORBX\Troublshooter

And you should find a troubleshooter in there.

If the Troubleshooter finds a problem, go to 

<your Prepar3D installation> \ORBX\User Documents\Versions

You will find a bunch of .TXT files. These correspond to all your ORBX installations. Find the file where the error was reported by the Migration Troubleshooter and delete it. 

Open FTX Central and you will find scenery(ies) with "Not Installed" (assuming that you deleted a file)

Then reinstall using FTX. 

If the troubleshooter didn't find anything, then close it.

I would like to see a screenshot of the flickering

Edited by arwasairl

Or better yet - a video using shadowplay?

• Like 1

I7-7700k@4.7ghz | 32gb RAM | EVGA GTX1080 8gb | Mostly P3Dv5 (also IL2:BoX, DCS, XP11)

After seeing your video Aaron, I must clarify what I'm seeing (although I did see something similar to the video today, for the first time,

after landing at EGNT along side the runway).  I'm also trying to explain it because I've never used shadowplay, lol.  Seriously, what I'm seeing is a flashing of the runway boundary lines and landing area lines, only the white lines.  It's worse at a distance from the airport. A good example would be changing to a top down view while sitting at a gate and zooming out. The farther out you go the more than lines begin to flash, a veritable light show. Try it on your system and see if anything similar happens.  That's about the best I can do until I figure out shadowplay.

Regards,

Mike

I have created an image.

What your seeing is runways flashing? (The *white* areas and landing zone??)

Dq4o9R4V4AEEGjo.jpg:large

Areas I've marked is the areas that are flashing correct?

Edited by arwasairl

Well, I'll post a possible solution. 

Delete your shader folders in 

C:\Users\<your name>\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Shaders

Make sure you have Hidden folders in explorer!

Dq4p4k-U8AEdS8s.jpg:large

Run the game. It will rebuild the shaders.

If it doesn't work, delete your ShadersHLSL folder in your simulator root folder.

You will have to reinstall Prepar3D, but only the Prepar3D v4 Client. Nothing else. Do a repair install.

Dq4qrMoUcAAUEwa.jpg

Dq4qxWQU8AEdDqP.jpg

Edited by arwasairl

Yes Aaron, those are exactly the areas that are flashing.  I'll give your suggestion a go!

Just an FYI Aaron.....tried everything, no change.  I did up my AA in P3D to 8XSSA and that helped, but of course i took a slight a slight frame rate hit, so I guess I'm gonna have to live with it.  Thanks for your help!

Regards,

Mike

Edited by Redeye1

Hello Mike 

Try these basic steps...

If you are using Nvidia Inspector,  Disable or Delete the Prepar3D profile.  

Then Reset your Nvidia values to default again,  Launch the Nvidia control panel > Manage 3D Settings,  Click Restore and Apply 

Restart your computer when you have applied the changes. 

Then launch Prepar3D and test after this

---

You could also try updating or reinstalling your Graphics driver but using DDU Driver Display Uninstaller to remove your old driver first.