Sign in to follow this  
teopereira

Braking sound

Hello, just to remember that it would be pretty awesome to have the braking sound in the NGX V3... It's very audible both inside and outside the aircraft on landings... Thanks!

Edited by teopereira

10 hours ago, teopereira said:

It's very audible both inside and outside the aircraft on landings...

Based on your experience up front?

Kyle Rodgers

1 minute ago, scandinavian13 said:

Based on your experience up front?

No, in the passenger cabin it's very audible... Maybe it is in the cockpit too...

20 minutes ago, teopereira said:

No, in the passenger cabin it's very audible... Maybe it is in the cockpit too...

Yeah, of course it is. You're sitting on top of them. Don't assume it's the same up front.

Similar to the 737, the DC3's noise level on the flight deck is insane. While you're close to the engines, a lot of what you're hearing is slipstream noise. Walk back through the galley and to the first row of seats and the slipstream dies off (some) to the sound of the radials and props. Walk all the way back to the tail? It's remarkably quiet.

For this reason, I really distrust a lot of the soundpacks out there, along with customer testimonials. A lot of them sound great...if you're wanting to simulate being up front with the sounds of being in back...

"FEELS LIKE BEING IN THE REAL PLANE!!!" - Customer A
Yeah...feels like being in the real plane, in seat 22A.

• Upvote 2

Kyle Rodgers

I think the braking whistle is a bit audible, specially when the reverse is deactivated... What do you think?

14 minutes ago, teopereira said:

What do you think?

Sounds more like tire noise off of the nosewheel, honestly, but I would agree that there's an extra sound in there that isn't in the NGX.

• Upvote 1

Kyle Rodgers

I have nearly 14 years experience flying the 737-800 and have never heard the brakes from the cockpit. 

• Upvote 1

Tom Landry

PMDG_NGX_Tech_Team.jpg