Sign in to follow this  
STUART_H

P2ATC not descending?

Have tried 2 flights with Pilot2ATC, and both times the ATC controller does not initiate a decent from cruise. I had to request a lower altitude before ATC  would initiate descent and then when reaching that altitude, say 8000 ft, no further descent commands. I was over the airport before realising and had to go around and descend manually in order to capture ILS approach. ATC continued to insist that I "climb and maintain 8000 ft" and wouldn't shut up!

This doesn't seem normal given that height constraints were contained within the filed flightplan.

In P2ATC, does the pilot have to request the required descent path, or should ATC be initiating at the appropriate time?  Not sure what is wrong?

Stuart

flyuk_sig.php?id=UKV3373

Stuart,

If you can send the P2A log file to admin@pilot2atc.com , I'll have a look and see what might be going on.  

Log files are located in: 
C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Roaming\P2A_200\Logs 
where <UserName> is your PC user name. Portions of the path may be hidden by default, so be sure Windows Explorer has Show Hidden Items checked in the View tab.
A new one is created each time you start Pilot2ATC, so if you take the most recent one when you have the error, you should have the correct one.  
Thanks,

Dave

Thanks Dave,

I'll have to wait until Saturday though as I have started P2ATC since the issue occurred, and will be out tomorrow. If I get the same issue at the weekend I'll send you the log file.

Stuart

flyuk_sig.php?id=UKV3373

Dave, just to let you know.

I tried a flight this afternoon using the version 2.5.0.6 and ATC descended me accordingly to the beginning of the STAR. So seems as though any issues have been addressed in the update.

Stuart

flyuk_sig.php?id=UKV3373

Hi,

Same problem here flight plan is KSPI/18 SPI J80 VHP GUNNE4 KCMH/10R

I was at FL270 and never got a decend instruction then I started the descend on my own and ATC kept asking me to fly at FL 270.

I will send the log at admin@pilot2atc.com.

I'm running the 2.5.0.6.

thanks

cheers

Louis

Louis,

Thanks for the log file.  I believe there is a timing issue that caused this problem.  I suspect it will only occur once in a while.  I have modified some code to prevent this and the fix will be in 2506R3.  

Thanks,
Dave

Hi Dave,

Re-did the same flight and this time I got the descend no problem.

thanks for your help.

cheers

Louis