Sign in to follow this  

surrender those scissors now, soldier

Guest Robert Sanderson

:-lol Hilarious.Robert

Ridiculous stuff if you ask me. I'm glad a fly on a military aircraft, we don't have any such rules, the flight deck door is "always open"/non existant, instead we have a curtain for night ops so the light from the back of the jet doesn't effect the pilots' night vision. And furthermore, there is an extra seat in our plane so any of the guys who work in the back can sit down and enjoy the view through the only windows on our jet.Jeff

Jeff

Commercial | Instrument | Multi-Engine Land

AMD 5600X, RTX3070, 32MB RAM, 2TB SSD

>Ridiculous stuff if you ask me. I'm glad a fly on a military>aircraft, we don't have any such rules, the flight deck door>is "always open"/non existant, instead we have a curtain for>night ops so the light from the back of the jet doesn't effect>the pilots' night vision. And furthermore, there is an extra>seat in our plane so any of the guys who work in the back can>sit down and enjoy the view through the only windows on our>jet.>>Jeff I presume that's because there aren't any cases of US military aircraft being hijacked!On the other hand, I wouldn't have thought that many hijackers would ask permission to view the flightdeck before attempting to take over a plane!

>>Ridiculous stuff if you ask me. I'm glad a fly on a>military>>aircraft, we don't have any such rules, the flight deck door>>is "always open"/non existant, instead we have a curtain for>>night ops so the light from the back of the jet doesn't>effect>>the pilots' night vision. And furthermore, there is an>extra>>seat in our plane so any of the guys who work in the back>can>>sit down and enjoy the view through the only windows on our>>jet.>>>>Jeff >>I presume that's because there aren't any cases of US military>aircraft being hijacked!>On the other hand, I wouldn't have thought that many hijackers>would ask permission to view the flightdeck before attempting>to take over a plane! >This is about armed guardsmen travelling to Iraq on chartered airliners.They walk onto the aircraft with M16s and pistols yet have to leave their nailclippers, scissors, and pocketknifes at the gate because those are illegal weapons according to the TSA :)

>>>Ridiculous stuff if you ask me. I'm glad a fly on a>>military>>>aircraft, we don't have any such rules, the flight deck>door>>>is "always open"/non existant, instead we have a curtain>for>>>night ops so the light from the back of the jet doesn't>>effect>>>the pilots' night vision. And furthermore, there is an>>extra>>>seat in our plane so any of the guys who work in the back>>can>>>sit down and enjoy the view through the only windows on our>>>jet.>>>>>>Jeff >>>>I presume that's because there aren't any cases of US>military>>aircraft being hijacked!>>On the other hand, I wouldn't have thought that many>hijackers>>would ask permission to view the flightdeck before>attempting>>to take over a plane! >>>>This is about armed guardsmen travelling to Iraq on chartered>airliners.>They walk onto the aircraft with M16s and pistols yet have to>leave their nailclippers, scissors, and pocketknifes at the>gate because those are illegal weapons according to the TSA>:)Yes, but the post I was replying to referred to travelling in military aircraft in general.:-) ;-) :(

A few months ago I flew from Elmendorf AFB (Anchorage) to Eareckson AFB (Shemya, in the Aleutians). They used to do it with 727's operated by Reeve Aleutian Airlines, but they went broke, so now the USAF does the run themselves, usually with a herc, but sometimes with a C-5 or C-17 if they have heavy equipment to take out. We flew from the AMC passenger terminal on Elmendorf, and there were a small group of AF guards going out to join the Cobra Dane security detail. The security people manning the passenger terminal had them put their weapons through the X-ray machines. I almost wet myself laughing at that.Richard.

Well, you never know what dangerous things those militaristic kids in camouflage trousers hide in their magazines :)