williebarry1

Blurriness

6 hours ago, williebarry1 said:

I also added but don't know if this had anything do with it but

[JOBSCHEDULER]

AffinityMask=0  

[TERRAIN] 
TEXTURE_SIZE_EXP=8

Remove these settings, they are confusing and the first one outright wrong!

The second one can be set in the Graphics settings UI and should not be set manually.

Bert

6 hours ago, williebarry1 said:

Just did a test flight an now a another problem: 

https://imgur.com/FLb8sJA 

Blurries from a distance.

This is normal.  Depending on your settings there will always be blurries in the distance. 

Bert

7 hours ago, Michael Moe said:

Any reason why ANISO is not set to 16X ? . I always use 16x in combo with Tesselation set to max as well

Thanks

Michael Moe

8X does the job.. 16X is fine too.. every setting can be debated :smile:

I provided a starter set, that I actually use myself..

YMMV :wink:

Bert

8 hours ago, williebarry1 said:

[JOBSCHEDULER]

AffinityMask=0  

[TERRAIN] 
TEXTURE_SIZE_EXP=8

Yes don't do these as Bert says.  I would delete these lines entirely if it were me.

The scenery you are using - it looks like that is a background photo under the airport.  That said, you are largely limited to the resolution that the designer used.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

1 hour ago, Mace said:

[JOBSCHEDULER]

AffinityMask=0  

[TERRAIN] 
TEXTURE_SIZE_EXP=8

Affinity mask can actually worsen the texture quality. 
I did it at AffinityMask = 16 and I did a flight from KSJC to KLAS and buildings and textures refused to load.

You have to set a value that is optimal for your CPU. But it's best to get rid of it.

On 11/2/2018 at 5:13 AM, Michael Moe said:

Any reason why ANISO is not set to 16X ? . I always use 16x in combo with Tesselation set to max as well

I did a few flights with setting Anisto to 16x, and for some reason areas like KSNA and KSAN, the many (but not all) surrounding buildings refuse to load the textures, so I have bunch of black buildings around me. Memory usage at 4,300 MB. But even a x64 platform, it won't OOM, but some buildings are black except the roofs.

On ‎11‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 12:10 AM, arwasairl said:

Affinity mask can actually worsen the texture quality. 
I did it at AffinityMask = 16 and I did a flight from KSJC to KLAS and buildings and textures refused to load.

You have to set a value that is optimal for your CPU. But it's best to get rid of it.

Mabye because AM=16 is totally senseless for a 6 core HT CPU as you have? As you said, it has to be adjusted to the specific CPU you use and to HT on or off. In your case, try once 1365 (if HT is on), this is the same as 85 for 4 core CPU with HT on. In my case, using an AM always helped to achieve more smooth FPS, and of course the fact that all my software running along with P3D (except UT2) are moved away from core 0 and 1 using batch files.

• Like 1

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

5 hours ago, AnkH said:

AM=16 is totally senseless for a 6 core HT CPU as you have?

Yeah, I learned that. I tried to go on an AM calculator, and I spent an entire Saturday trying to figure out which are good values. (The AM Calculator supports up to 10 Logical Processors, my i7-8700 has 12, so it was hard calculating myself, since I didn't know how to.)

Edited by arwasairl

Wrong. Your 8700 has six logical processors with HT, so the AM calculator would work as intended (http://www.gatwick-fsg.org.uk/affinitymask.aspx?SubMenuItem=utilties). Otherwise each calculator of Windows can do the stuff when using "programmer" mode. Simply put a 1 for a core (logical or HT) you want to use and a 0 for one you want to leave out and continue until you have 12 digits if HT is on (6 Logical processor plus 6 HT ones) or 6 digits if HT is off. Then the calculator will Show you the decimal number corresponding to it. Example with HT on on a 6 core CPU (as your 8700):

0101 0101 0101

the calculator will tell you that the decimal number for this is: 1365

The only "trick" here is to understand that counting of core starts at 0 and from the right. Means in above example: core 0 (Logical) is active (1), core 1 (HT) is inactive (0) etc.

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

You guys are both saying the same thing, just using different terms..

The 8700 has six physical cores, which using HT, means 12 logical cores.

:cool:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Bert

FsLabs A320 is telling me to remove the Affinity mask setting in the .cfg, but I'll continue.

However, I'm now getting stuttery ChasePlane, as I had that problem a few months ago, and it bugged me a lot!

So I just removed the setting