Sign in to follow this  
jetfish

A320 Family - Aerosoft or FSLabs ?

A320 Family - Aerosoft or FSLabs ?  

94 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Aerosoft full package is half the price of FSL. Is FSLabs worth an 80,- EUR difference?

• Yes, go for FSLabs
    • No, go for Aerosoft

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/09/2018 at 10:59 PM

The one thing that distracts me from the Aerosoft Airbus (I have both) is the fonts for the FCU - they look very odd. 

This is what it should look like. https://static.airbus.com/fileadmin/backstage/Asset_management/A320-cockpit/index.html

• Upvote 1

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

I've got both, in fact I've got the other one for P3D V4 too (the BBS version). You basically already know the answer to your question though. Which is: the FSL one is more realistic by a long way, the Aerosoft one is a bit less realistic but is a lot of bang for your bucks. Base your decision on that, i.e. do you want super realism, or reasonable realism and more variants?

The Aerosoft one is, as noted, especially good value if you get the 'family' (A318/A319/A320/A321), since it works out at about 20 quid per variant, the BBS ones are comparitively cheap too and also cover the variants other than the A320 and A319 which the FSL is limited to covering at the moment. All three of them have some merit in some areas for example; the nav lights are very much better on the BBS one and it has the best livery manager/load manager of the three by miles, the exterior model is the nicest on the Aerosoft one, the FSL one has a lot of realism and the most convincing audio.

Of them all, the FSL one is the most convincing overall and the most like a real Airbus, the Aerosoft ones are not too bad at doing a reasonable job of portraying an Airbus although people familiar with the real aircraft would spot things which are not quite right, likewise, the BBS one has some things not quite right but in the main it does an okay job.

If I could only pick one, I'd pick the FSL, but I bought the others because I wanted A321s too.

Edited by Chock
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Please don't listen to those people who tell you, that the difference is mostly in the abnormal situations. That's just not true. The overall feeling and immersion is lightyears apart in those two add-ons. The FSL A319/A20 ist my most expensive addon and I don't regret 1 EUR of it. I have a ton of other great add-ons (PMDG, Majestic, Leonardo, TfDi, you name it) but the FSL Bus is what I am using most of the time. And I don't even like Airbusses that much... So go figure...

P.S: I had the Aerosoft Busses in P3D v3 ... so I have a pretty good comparison.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Georgian Virtual Airports (UGMS Mestia / UGGT Telavi / UGAM Ambrolauri)

8 minutes ago, officercrockey said:

The overall feeling and immersion is lightyears apart in those two add-ons. The FSL A319/A20 is my most expensive addon and I don't regret 1 EUR of it.

This is a very good point and I agree with it, as I suspect, would most people who have the FSL 'Bus.

There is no denying that hitting that 'add to cart' button is slightly painful with the FSL price tag (I know, I've done it twice - once for FSX and once for P3D lol), but the moment you crank up the FSL A320, you do pretty much instantly realise why it was being sold at that price. It is absolutely streets ahead of any other aeroplane add-on for either FSX or P3D and without a shadow of a doubt is the most realistic airliner you can get for your flight sim. You can tell that from a mile off when you use it.

Edited by Chock
  • Like 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

16 minutes ago, Chock said:

This is a very good point and I agree with it, as I suspect, would most people who have the FSL 'Bus.

There is no denying that hitting that 'add to cart' button is slightly painful with the FSL price tag (I know, I've done it twice - once for FSX and once for P3D lol), but the moment you crank up the FSL A320, you do pretty much instantly realise why it was being sold at that price. It is absolutely streets ahead of any other aeroplane add-on for either FSX or P3D and absolutely is the most realistic airliner you can get for your flight sim and you can tell that from a mile off when you use it.

That just sun it up perfectly Alan. 

Hundred of small things that add up to something special

To just give you just one, when you open one of the cockpit windows the amount of the opening will give you different outside sound levels, open both and again it makes a big difference. Close them and you do really real you have sealed the cockpit down to the outside world. Having both open a little and fully open is a huge difference. Just like it should be.

Everything about this aircraft is about immersion. I don't listen to talk about failers and all that, even without them its still in a league of its own above all else. Even the new PMDG-8 is not in the same league. Lighting and there new rain and bugs on the screen are a long way behind what you get in the 319. 

If I had to have only 1 aircraft within P3D I would not think about it, the FSL without question.

Edited by Nyxx

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

FSLabs Airbus are made with love. All these small details Nyxx is talking about make a really great addon.

The brake light in nose gear, special effects without any inmersion set, the vapour on cabin when air conditioning is on, the temperature differences according external temperature with doors open (and are differents if a jetway is connected), wonderful lights and sounds... If you open the window, please, don't forget to close it perfectly, i had some warnings related with pressure two times.. xD

Miguel Leandro

Reading all these comments, you will end up buying the FSL, so one more tipp. Many people got that wrong and paid additional money that is uncalled for:

Always choose USD as a currency in their shop. If you choose EUR (or whatever) you get the exchange rates of their shop provider and they are very "disadvantageous". This is not a FSL-thing, they even write that in the description but many don't seem to read it. It can easily make a difference of 20-30 EUR.

Georgian Virtual Airports (UGMS Mestia / UGGT Telavi / UGAM Ambrolauri)

45 minutes ago, Chock said:

I've got both, in fact I've got the other one for P3D V4 too (the BBS version). You basically already know the answer to your question though. Which is: the FSL one is more realistic by a long way, the Aerosoft one is a bit less realistic but is a lot of bang for your bucks. Base your decision on that, i.e. do you want super realism, or reasonable realism and more variants?

The Aerosoft one is, as noted, especially good value if you get the 'family' (A318/A319/A320/A321), since it works out at about 20 quid per variant, the BBS ones are comparitively cheap too and also cover the variants other than the A320 and A319 which the FSL is limited to covering at the moment. All three of them have some merit in some areas for example; the nav lights are very much better on the BBS one and it has the best livery manager/load manager of the three by miles, the exterior model is the nicest on the Aerosoft one, the FSL one has a lot of realism and the most convincing audio.

Of them all, the FSL one is the most convincing overall and the most like a real Airbus, the Aerosoft ones are not too bad at doing a reasonable job of portraying an Airbus although people familiar with the real aircraft would spot things which are not quite right, likewise, the BBS one has some things not quite right but in the main it does an okay job.

If I could only pick one, I'd pick the FSL, but I bought the others because I wanted A321s too.

I also have and use both, just to add to what Alan has said about AS Pro series, the performance on my AMD machine is phenomenal.

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

Thanks to all already for your valuable opinions.

One thing that came to me mind also is documentation.
How about the manuals etc. that may come along with the packages?

I know the manuals and supporting training documents that are part
of the Aerosoft CRJ. I found them quite detailed and helpful and would
expect the same for their A320's. What about FSLabs in this regard?

Stefan
Win 10 on i7-8700K , 8GB GeForce GTX 1080, DDR4-2666 16GB (2x 8192MB), 1000GB Samsung 960 Evo M.2 
P3DV4.5 with GSX L2, Chaseplane, UTL, Navigraph and Active Sky

22 minutes ago, jetfish said:

Thanks to all already for your valuable opinions.

One thing that came to me mind also is documentation.
How about the manuals etc. that may come along with the packages?

I know the manuals and supporting training documents that are part
of the Aerosoft CRJ. I found them quite detailed and helpful and would
expect the same for their A320's. What about FSLabs in this regard?

They are good.  Now go buy the Fslabs already.  U are wasting time to fly it.

Matt Wilson

1 minute ago, mpw8679 said:

They are good.  Now go buy the Fslabs already.  U are wasting time to fly it.

I like that 😂

Stefan
Win 10 on i7-8700K , 8GB GeForce GTX 1080, DDR4-2666 16GB (2x 8192MB), 1000GB Samsung 960 Evo M.2 

I am a long time XPlane pilot who moved to P3d.

I have been flying the AS A320/321 for a few months now.

After reading this thread I decided to pull the trigger and buy the FSL A320.

Visually disappointing.

It flys nice and has tons of systems modeled, but it looks poor compared to the Aerosoft offering.

In the Aerosoft, you feel like you are looking at real buttons and switches, the FSL looks more like a 10 year old flight simulator. 

I feel it is worth warning those considering the FSL, not to expect Aerosoft level of visuals on the flight deck.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, robs113 said:

I feel it is worth warning those considering the FSL, not to expect Aerosoft level of visuals on the flight deck

That is a strong statement 

Could you provide screenshots of both for comparison ?

Stefan

Sure..

I made some images but don't see a way to add them to my post.

Am I missing something? 

13 minutes ago, robs113 said:

Sure..

I made some images but don't see a way to add them to my post.

Am I missing something? 

• Like 1

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10