Sign in to follow this  
jetfish

A320 Family - Aerosoft or FSLabs ?

A320 Family - Aerosoft or FSLabs ?  

94 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Aerosoft full package is half the price of FSL. Is FSLabs worth an 80,- EUR difference?

• Yes, go for FSLabs
    • No, go for Aerosoft

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/09/2018 at 10:59 PM

Use an offsite image hosting service, copy and paste the BBCode into your post in the forums.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

1 hour ago, robs113 said:

FSL vs AS

You need to compare like-for-like.

None of your FSL pics have backlit switches and dials, plus the displays are not powered-up, whereas all AS pics do and are.
Also, you have different natural lighting. AS pics have sunshine casting across the centre console, FSL doesn't. Creates a different colour tone to the AS images.

Fix these issues for a fair comparison and then let's discuss...

• Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

Look at any of the knobs or switches.

Nothing to do with lit or not. 

Fix these issues for a fair comparison and then let's discuss...

Can you show me a screen shot of FSL that looks as good as AS?

I have tied different lighting, airports, weather, time of day, etc.

I really wanted to like FSL.

there is also an HD texture drop for free (HB Textures) that really improves the textures in the FSLabs.  I was shocked to see your pics of the FSLabs cockpit.  Looks nothing like the one I fly a few nights each week.   Must be the HD textures I added

https://imgur.com/a/e7tEVFu

Edited by micstatic
  • Upvote 1

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

Thanks micstatic,

Your screen shots have given me hope that the visuals can be improved.

I will look into the textures you mentioned.

• Upvote 1

Denial - not a river in Egypt. In terms of the visual quality, the FSLabs is lacking. As for the other stuff: a matter of choice. As far as I can tell, neither is being used by Airbus for real world pilot training. So, it's like choosing between Doom and Half Life. Both are games. No point getting worked up over a desktop game - which is what P3D essentially is.

That said, I personally would never give a penny to FSLabs for reasons I don't need to get into here.

Edit: regarding the visual quality: go here for easy answers to the question of which Bus has the more faithful visuals:

https://ccntservice.airbus.com/apps/cockpits/a320/

Edited by Ricardo41
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, robs113 said:

FSL vs AS

The difference is that, in the FSL, if you press a switch, it actually does something.

In the Aerosoft, it will probably not even have a clickspot.

• Like 3

PC- AMD Ryzen 7800X3D, 64gb 6400mhz RAM, Nvidia RTX4090

1 hour ago, snapshot21 said:

The difference is that, in the FSL, if you press a switch, it actually does something.

In the Aerosoft, it will probably not even have a clickspot.

hes right this guy.

where on on the aerosoft  does it do the following

1.can upload a flightplan from your callsign on vatsim?

2.upload weather direct from vatsim?

3.can acars message other a/c ?

4.can send off acars mesages to get arrival weather

5. has accurate hot brakes

those are 5 of the top of my head, and theres probably another 20 more I could give you that the fsl offers that the aersoft doesnt.

you get what you pay for in life, just these 2 burgers are not the same. neither is the aerosoft vs the fsl 

no matter how you cut it they may both be burgers, but one as alot more trimmings than the other and probably tastes alot better too.  one is also double the price.  it really is that simple.

which is a shame, because I have the 330 from aerosoft and i really like it.  but the fsl is light years more advanced than the aerosoft baby buses which you pay when you buy the fsl., in my opinion worth every penny...

18iy7ne7f0knqjpg.jpg

1496635501594-1496421422197-burger_lede.

Edited by fluffyflops
  • Like 1

14ppkc-6.png

The Airbus is frankly a horrible cockpit, personally think any boeing looks so much better, the PMDG 737u is for me the best place to be. The Airbus looks like it was design by AI on a CAD, dull boring, flat, lifeless are what comes to mind.

Lucky FSL have added so much emersion that it over powers its dull looks. You even get triple fried fries with your burger. Also adding Hugo's HD VC makes a big difference and it still looks like a used cockpit not a lifeless every panel a perfect color match to every other one model affair.

Edited by Nyxx

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

1 minute ago, Nyxx said:

The Airbus is frankly a horrible cockpit, personally think any boeing looks so much better, the PMDG 737u is for me the best place to be. The Airbus looks like it was design by AI on a CAD, dull boring, flat, lifeless are what comes to mind.

Lucky FSL have added so much emersion that it over powers its dull looks. You even get triple fried fries with your burger. Also adding Hugo's HD VC makes a big difference and it still looks like a used cockpit not a lifeless every panel a perfect color match to every other one model affair.

i only fly it to hear norman give the cabin secure every flight,  "see you on the ground"

• Like 1

14ppkc-6.png

Hanna is very nice also 🙂 

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

5 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

Hanna is very nice also 🙂 

whos that ?

14ppkc-6.png

Thanks for this thread...  and the heads up from  'Micstatic'    I did not know about the HD Textures update mentioned above.   It was annoying for me having the original graphics which did not look very good....   but now I have just downloaded the ones mentioned above and the cockpit looks GREAT now !

I have the Aerosoft A320 as well and these new graphics bring the FSLabs up to the same appearance.

https://www.rdpresets.com/hb-texture-liveries.html#/

e828ded423986fc3f376ae17ebe01701.jpg

Edited by aerostar
  • Upvote 1

mustang_banner_newstar2777.png

3 hours ago, fluffyflops said:

whos that ?

BA