Sign in to follow this  
VirtualPilot1460

747F Engine Failure

Last night I flew my new 747ERF from KPAE to KBOS, flight time little over 5hours non stop and the aircraft flew beautifully and all flight tests and controls tests went well. The aircraft descended and latched onto the ILS for 22L no problem, I disconnected the AP and manually flew from 1500ft to the runway, this is where I had the problem. The aircraft banked right uncommanded I scanned the EICAS and ENG 3 and 4 in yellow and I watched the guages wind down I kicked the rudder left to cancel out the YAW action of engines 1 and 2. 

I landed with 2engines as I didn’t have enough speed, time or hight or go around, pulling off onto a taxyway I checked the QRH and restarted 3 and 4 with no issues and taxied to the stand with 4 engines.

Anybody have any idea why or how this happened, I have flown the aircraft countless times the only thing I can think off is becuase I have just repainted an aircraft I may not of reset the engine run timers and it may of been a genuine failure, but they did restart with no issues..

Thoughts 

Regards

Nathan Smith 

System Specs: FSX:SE (upgrading to P3D v4.5), Intel i7-6700 (Skylake) 3.4GHz Quad Core, nVidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB, 16GB Corsair Vengence  Windows 10 Home 64-bit, Acer 27" Monitor

I lost all my engines on final once, and it took me a little while to figure it out. Somehow, P3D mapped fuel cutoff to my FSUIPC mapped gear down button. You might want to make sure you don’t have an unexpected mapping issue.

I will look but I can't see that being an issue as I only lost 3 and 4 and I don't mapany buttons using fsuipc 

Regards

Nathan Smith 

System Specs: FSX:SE (upgrading to P3D v4.5), Intel i7-6700 (Skylake) 3.4GHz Quad Core, nVidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB, 16GB Corsair Vengence  Windows 10 Home 64-bit, Acer 27" Monitor

Hello,

What message did you have on the EICAS when the engines 3 and 4 stopped?

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

4 hours ago, Budbud said:

Hello,

What message did you have on the EICAS when the engines 3 and 4 stopped?

ENG 3 FAIL and ENG 4 FAIL

Regards

Nathan Smith 

In absence of any issue with fuel or oil pressure I would be prone to think that it is an issue with axis assignement like as said by Kyle.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

Checked my axis on fsuipc and as I thought on the PMDG setup I don't have mixture axis assigned and if I did it wouldnt say fail it would say shutdown and it would affect all engines 

Regards

Nathan Smith 

I am flying tomorrow from KBOS to EGCC (providing I don't get an OOM - still using FSX:SE) hopefully the engines will behave I ran a few tests again today at KBOS gates, 100% no mixture axis set on FSUIPC or in the FSX controls section (cleared to use FSUIPC) I have separate profiles set for aircraft, (i.e., PMDG, Airbus and general) and the engines didn't fail or react to anything other than throttle, reverser, TO/GA and A/T.

Will see what tomorrow brings I'm starting to think it was a genuine blip - makes is seem bit more real. Kudos to PMDG, even if unintentional blip 

Regards

Nathan Smith 

Nameless,

Please sign your posts in this forum as is required. 

I recommend that you create a signature block- that way you don't need to remember.

Normally- I simply remove posts that are unsigned- but if you can get your signature issue squared away I can look the other way on this one.  :ph34r:

(and might even come back to you with an answer to help you...)

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

There you go 

Regards

Nathan Smith 

I had engine's 1 and 4 roll back and shut off. Bug in the system? Yes, the human interface bug that shut off the cross feeds to them on the last flight and forgot to turn them back on. 

Eric 

There is no axis attached to any fuel management on my setup for PMDG flew into EGCC no issues so I'm guessing a blip 

Regards

Nathan Smith