Sign in to follow this  
Mitch24

Chaseplane worth it?

Hi guys, 

I am here to get some opinions on chaseplane... I really am only looking to get it for the cockpit movements.. I really don't care about different angles for filming or anything.

I had Edzok but what I hated about edzok was it was always buggy, hard to configure, and always seemed to conflict with everything and was just messy.

Is chaseplane better and worth it?

Thanks for any opinions

Yes, it is worth it!! I too used EZDok as it was pretty much the only game in town, and I also found it buggy and, really, a pain in the #@$! After using Chaseplane for a few minutes I could tell that it was the way to go. Uninstalled EZDok and have never looked back.

Russ

• Like 2

Master Sergeant, U.S. Air Force, Retired

Former T-33A Crew Chief

Former B-1B Crew Chief / Flightline Maintenance Expediter

Former Learjet Corp. Quality Inspector

Formerly Young (😩)

Chaseplane is smooth, intuitive, easy to use, and under constant development.  You won't be sorry you switched... I promise.

• Like 1

Doug Miannay

PC: i9-13900K (OC 6.1) | ASUS Maximus Z790 Hero | ASUS Strix RTX4080 (OC) | ASUS ROG Strix LC II 360 AIO | 32GB G.Skill DDR5 TridentZ RGB 6400Hz | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB M.2 (OS/Apps) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Sim) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Games) | Fractal Design Define R7 Blackout Case | Win11 Pro x64

Chaseplane  has so many features that manuals cannot keep up with the releases, it is excellent for cinematic or external/internal view/navigation creation.

steve southey

Does Chaseplane have the inertial effects of ezdok (camera shake, etc.), and if so, is it adjustable?

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Hi Folks,

Chaseplane is absolutely essential - in my humble opinion - I couldn’t fly without it... It has one of the slickest - most intuitive - easiest to use interfaces - I’ve ever seen on any computer program - and I’ve been an IT guy in Manhattan for more than 25 years... I guess that would be “yes” - I recommend it - LOL...

Regards,

Scott

• Like 1

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

14 minutes ago, Mace said:

Does Chaseplane have the inertial effects of ezdok (camera shake, etc.), and if so, is it adjustable?

Hi Rhett,

All kinds of motion effects - all completely adjustable...

Regards,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

As above. Long time user of Ezydok and Opus. Switched to ChasePlane, and it is the best.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

I guess the only feature ChasePlane didn't have that EzDok v2 had was you can make it so that the camera wouldn't go outside the cockpit. (Invisible walls I guess?)

But ChasePlane has a lot more features. You can tilt the camera, choose what kind of transition (Gimbal) you would like to use, and it has a Replay feature.

It also had portals, so it's like you're walking through a door. But the amount of bugs EzDok had was a little annoying. (Camera would be submerged in wing, hat switch didn't work sometimes, and you couldn't rename your camera.)

26 minutes ago, arwasairl said:

it has a Replay feature.

Has or will have?

- TONY -

Absolutely great. One of the best addons. Will have a replay feature.

Cheers, Ed

• Like 1

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

18 minutes ago, Simicro said:

Has or will have?

It's in the "Experimental" version of ChasePlane.

• Like 1

I purchased EZDOK two years ago and last year purchased Chase Plane.  I too, like others above, like the Interface of CP, it seems as if EZDOK took up a lot of buttons on the numeric keypad....CP is highly customizable.  Even as a 30 year IT programmer my blood pressure always went up w/ creating new camera positions within EZDOK.  But they are  coming out with a new version that is supposed to address some of these issues.  There is also a current discussion on the PMDG general forum you can read through that is essentially addresses the same topic.

Mark