Sign in to follow this  
Mitch24

Chaseplane worth it?

Well I purchased Chaseplane, and I am overall happy. Need some more time to learn how to use it. However I did a flight tonight and noticed that for some reason it would automatically switch to like a spot view... strange. Must be some weird setting

1 minute ago, Mitch24 said:

Must be some weird setting

Hmm, strange. Did you set a key to your outside view?

It might be the same as the spot view key.

Edited by arwasairl

1 minute ago, arwasairl said:

Hmm, strange. Did you set a key to your outside view?

It might be the same as the spot view key.

It would just do it automatically without me even pressing any key..

What do you mean "automatically"?
Make sure keys like "A" or "S" is removed from the controls.

Did you change any controls? I think you might have to, as I had to.

Edited by arwasairl

10 minutes ago, Mitch24 said:

Well I purchased Chaseplane, and I am overall happy. Need some more time to learn how to use it. However I did a flight tonight and noticed that for some reason it would automatically switch to like a spot view... strange. Must be some weird setting

Took me by surprise as well. Annoying feature. You can turn it off by doing the following:

Preferences - Camera - (Right side) Cinematic Mode - (6th slider) Auto-Enable

Its set to activate at a certain flight level. Slide it all the way to the left till it says 'Auto-Enable Disabled' and no more camera going wild. 

Edited by krazyk
  • Like 2

I no longer use TrackIR because Chaseplane works so well with view management.  Not a fan of attaching things to my head.  I really like it's interface, intuitive ... I have an XBOX controller attached to the center of my yoke and all the axis/buttons mapped and labeled.  Never need to take my hands off the yoke while I pan around and change views.  If you go wireless controller you don't need the USB cable (just my personal preference).

YokoYokeXBOX.jpg.3374ff7a1f9680085de9195e3f8fd86c.jpg

Cheers, Rob.

Rob has the most insane setup ever!

Thanks for the recommendations everyone. It feels incredible to have created something that people love and use everyday. 

Dont forget: if you have issues with something, don’t hesitate to post on the forums or ask for support on our website.

• Upvote 1

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

10 hours ago, Rob Ainscough said:

I no longer use TrackIR because Chaseplane works so well with view management.  Not a fan of attaching things to my head.  I really like it's interface, intuitive ... I have an XBOX controller attached to the center of my yoke and all the axis/buttons mapped and labeled.  Never need to take my hands off the yoke while I pan around and change views.  If you go wireless controller you don't need the USB cable (just my personal preference).

Cheers, Rob.

How is it attached Rob?

Chris Curtis

10 hours ago, Rob Ainscough said:

Cheers, Rob.

How the simple ideas are so many times the greatest, thank you for sharing this one, going to give some use to my pad.

As for chaseplane, i wish there was one in XP11!

Edited by dmarques69

Marques

Ryzen 7 7700x@5.4Ghz | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360| RTX 4070 ti | 32GB Ram @5600MHZ| Crucial MX 200 M.2 500GB |Crucial MX200 SATA 500GB | HTC Vive | XIAOMI 43" 4k TV | Acer Predator 27" G-Sync | AOC 32" Freesync

6 minutes ago, dmarques69 said:

+1!!!!

Matt Wilson

2 hours ago, chrismk said:

How is it attached Rob?

Simple Velcro and it's held up well.

2 hours ago, dmarques69 said:

x-Camera is similar on the XP11 side, I prefer ChasePlane UI overall

Cheers, Rob.

1 minute ago, Rob Ainscough said:

Simple Velcro and it's held up well.

x-Camera is similar on the XP11 side, I prefer ChasePlane UI overall

Cheers, Rob.

I have x-camera(paid version) and i miss chaseplane every day! x-camera is also a great program however.

Marques

Ryzen 7 7700x@5.4Ghz | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360| RTX 4070 ti | 32GB Ram @5600MHZ| Crucial MX 200 M.2 500GB |Crucial MX200 SATA 500GB | HTC Vive | XIAOMI 43" 4k TV | Acer Predator 27" G-Sync | AOC 32" Freesync

16 hours ago, Rob Ainscough said:

I no longer use TrackIR because Chaseplane works so well with view management.  Not a fan of attaching things to my head.  I really like it's interface, intuitive ...

Cheers, Rob.

What he said. +1