Sign in to follow this  
Mitch24

Chaseplane worth it?

giphy.gif

How the hell do you post gifs in this place...

Edited by Poppet
edited post to repair gif code

3 hours ago, killkenny1 said:

too bad...

giphy.webp

Edited by arwasairl

Aaron Kim

MOS 8502 @ 2Mhz, 512 KB 1750 Ram Expansion Unit, VIC-II E (40 columns mode), SID 6581 3-voice sound chip. 

그래요!! 

16 hours ago, Rob Ainscough said:

Simple Velcro and it's held up well.

x-Camera is similar on the XP11 side, I prefer ChasePlane UI overall

Cheers, Rob.

Thought it probably was - will give it a go!

Chris Curtis

Yoke_F510

Two thumbs up for Chaseplane. Been using it as a replacement for EZDock since it first became available and never looked back.

Easy to setup and easy use as its UI is very well laid out.

I'd also been using TrackIR but not long after installing CP I ditched it as well.

Like Rob, I have a game controller mounted to the center of my yoke to control many of  CP's functions.

In my case its a Logitech F510 on a CH Products yoke.

Velco didn't work to well for my installation so I made a small angle bracket and screwed it all together.

Best, Lloyd

Lloyd Noel (Ontario, Canada)

Intel i9 10900KF@5.2GHz / NZXT Kraken X73 AIO / MSI MPG Z590 Gaming+ / 32GB DDR4 3600 Corsair Vengeance LPX / Gigabyte RTX3080Ti Gaming OC / Corsair RM1000e 1KW PS / 1TB WD Black M.2 (Win 11 Pro) / 1TB Sabrent Rocket M.2 .(MSFS2020) / 512GB Sabrent Rocket M.2 (XP12) / 1TB TimeTec SATA (Misc. & FS Support)

15 minutes ago, Noell said:

a Logitech F510 on a CH Products yoke.

Velco didn't work to well for my installation so I made a small angle bracket and screwed it all together.

Best, Lloyd

I have the same yoke.  I'm wondering what you made your little angle bracket out of -- does it simply slide over the center of the yoke?

And are you all setting up Chaseplane to use these gamepad controllers via FSUIPC?

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Hi Folks,

Just a quick comment on the wireless Xbox type controllers - I've got the Logitech model and unless you remember to activate it before launching the sim it's fine but you can't do it after... I always forget and it becomes a bit of a PITA - so the always on wired ones may be better for our needs...

Regards,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Rhett - For the bracket, I used a thin piece of steel plate that I had in my junkbox.

I cut it to about 1 inch by 1.25 inches and then bent it to match the angle of the top rear sloping face of the yoke and the flat spot between the grips on the game controller.

To attach the bracket you have to drill two holes in the yoke and also disassemble the game controller before drilling holes in it. PM me if you want more details.

No need to use FSUIPC to get a game controller working with CP.

CP recognizes button presses from USB devices whether they come from a game controller, keyboard, yoke buttons etc.

Best, Lloyd

Lloyd Noel (Ontario, Canada)

Intel i9 10900KF@5.2GHz / NZXT Kraken X73 AIO / MSI MPG Z590 Gaming+ / 32GB DDR4 3600 Corsair Vengeance LPX / Gigabyte RTX3080Ti Gaming OC / Corsair RM1000e 1KW PS / 1TB WD Black M.2 (Win 11 Pro) / 1TB Sabrent Rocket M.2 .(MSFS2020) / 512GB Sabrent Rocket M.2 (XP12) / 1TB TimeTec SATA (Misc. & FS Support)

I loved an update ChasePlane had release about 2 months ago related to the vibrations and shakings, which had made them more natural to all axis. But apparently they've reverted it and now it's back to mostly Y axis shakings and that's all. Even though I had augmented the other axis range it didn't improve really.

To me the best effects are provided by OpusFSI out of the box.

• Upvote 1

Best regards,

Wanthuyr Filho

Instagram: AeroTacto

On 11/1/2018 at 4:32 PM, scottb613 said:

Hi Rhett,

All kinds of motion effects - all completely adjustable...

Regards,

Scott

I'm a little cautious now.  I bought TrackIR a few months ago, and really I rarely use it -- maybe once in a while.  It's just as easy for me to use a hat switch to pan, rather than wear all of that flimsy getup on my head.  Maybe I would use/benefit from CP/EZ?  I don't know.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

30 minutes ago, Mace said:

I'm a little cautious now.  I bought TrackIR a few months ago, and really I rarely use it -- maybe once in a while.  It's just as easy for me to use a hat switch to pan, rather than wear all of that flimsy getup on my head.  Maybe I would use/benefit from CP/EZ?  I don't know.

Hi Rhett,

While I don't like wearing it - I have become a fan of Track IR over the years... LOL - my wife caught me wearing the silly hat a few weeks ago - first time after years of use - now she busts my chops over it - LOL...

That said - yeah - CP is a huge benefit - even without it... You can easily setup canned views and assign them to a joystick - you can even have multiple views on a single button that cycle on each press...

On my HOTAS setup - my main trigger - I have the default TrackIR view bound... Always want to be able to get back there quickly...

On a 4 way hat - I have multiple views per press - press left - it's all the views from the PIC (Pilot In Command) perspective - then I have CTR (Center) Up - CTR Down - and finally PNF (Pilot Not Flying} on the Right... It works well keeping it organized and the views on the 4 way have TrackIR disabled - so I can easily press buttons without the head movement interfering...

I keep the same basic scheme with each aircraft - as it keeps it simple... Having a view via a button press with a close up of important instruments is VERY helpful…

Rob mentioned he's eliminated his Track IR completely by using Chaseplane - as well... 

I think CP would be the better choice over EZD...

Regards,
Scott

Edited by scottb613
  • Like 1

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

2 hours ago, scottb613 said:

Logitech model and unless you remember to activate it before launching the sim it's fine but you can't do it after... I always forget and it becomes a bit of a PITA - so the always on wired ones may be better for our needs...

I have a wireless Xbox controller and confirm what Scott says.

Wireless controllers can cause FSX/P3D to mess up assignments if you activate them after launching the sim.

I ended up buying a wired Xbox controller.

• Like 1

- TONY -

Thanks to this thread, I made a switch from EZDok to Chaseplane as of today - thank you.

I've been a big user of EZDok for years now, basically since it came out. I bought CP while it was still alpha, but for some reasons it didn't "stick". Now I installed the release-version, been setting it up, and this time, Chaseplane is here to stay.

A big big plus with Chaseplane is the interface. The effects themselves aren't that much better, but they are way easier to configure. Anyway, many pluses, and virtually no downsides that I can complain about yet...

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, SimonC said:

I've been a big user of EZDok for years now, basically since it came out. I bought CP while it was still alpha, but for some reasons it didn't "stick". Now I installed the release-version, been setting it up, and this time, Chaseplane is here to stay.

A big big plus with Chaseplane is the interface. The effects themselves aren't that much better, but they are way easier to configure. Anyway, many pluses, and virtually no downsides that I can complain about yet...

ALL the same as you! Me too I got it in Alpha and really started to use it 1 month ago when it became 1.0.

- TONY -

On 11/3/2018 at 1:08 AM, killkenny1 said:

giphy.gif

Hello 

See I fixed it for ya !

[/img] You need to paste Image address between these [/img]

• Like 1

Different strokes, I guess. I wear a headset so using the TIR headset clip is a snap. As far as views go, I find I can do everything I want with the A key, the S key and TIR.  CP seems redundant. Now, in my case I have joysticks disabled in P3D and run everything through CP. Once CP is installed, whether it is running or not, my hat switch doesn't work, my numpad keyboard doesn't work.

Looks to me to be an excellent alternative to those who don't like or use TIR and who run everything through P3D. For me on my system, I see no benefit at all.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors