Sign in to follow this  
ComSimPilot

RXP for Just Flight Archer III

Hi all,

I bought the latest Just Flight PA-24 Archer III aircraft and as unfortunately Just Flight does not support the RXP panels and I do not own the F1 GNS, I tried to fit them. I was very happy after I found the thread below for the Arrow III and many thanks go to Scott and Jay for their tips of how to make this work. The solution worked easily for the Archer III.

The only issues that I have currently and I would be glad for your help are the following:

1) The clicksopts for the rotary buttons are way off the 3D units. In the picture below I marked the clickspot areas. The red areas show where both the small and big rotary clicksopts are and the green areas show where the pushbutton for the rotaries are:

HiITJpd.jpg

There is also a small shift for the bottom buttons where the clickspots are a bit higher, but that's manageable. However the rotaries clickposts are bit of a problem and while I can get used to them there are too close to each other and the area small, creating usability issues when flying.

So, my quesitons are the following:

1) Is it possible to change the clickspot areas so they are placed on the correct locations around the 3D rotaries?

2) Is it possible to add two GNS430 at the same time? There is space below enough to fit one more unit, but is this possible or it has to come from Just Flight?

Sorry for the many questions. I would be very glad to get your help on these 🙂

Edited by Daedalus

Simulators: Prepar3D v5 Academic | X-Plane 1111.50+ | DCS  World  Open Beta MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe | 
PC Hardware: Dell U3417W Intel i9 10900K | msi RTX 2080 Ti  Gaming X Trio msi MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi | G.Skill 32GB 3600Mhz CL16 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus+860 EVO+850 EVO x 1TB, Western Digital Black Caviar Black x 6 TB Corsair RM1000i Corsair H115i Platinum Fractal Design Define S2 Gunmetal |
Flight Controls: Fulcrum One Yoke Virpil VPC WarBRD Base Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM Grip, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C Grip Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals | Virtual Fly TQ6+Throttle Quadrant | Sismo B737 Max Gear Lever | TrackIR 5Monsterteck Desk Mounts |
My fleet catalog: Link                                                                                                                                                       

Any help?

Simulators: Prepar3D v5 Academic | X-Plane 1111.50+ | DCS  World  Open Beta MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe | 
PC Hardware: Dell U3417W Intel i9 10900K | msi RTX 2080 Ti  Gaming X Trio msi MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi | G.Skill 32GB 3600Mhz CL16 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus+860 EVO+850 EVO x 1TB, Western Digital Black Caviar Black x 6 TB Corsair RM1000i Corsair H115i Platinum Fractal Design Define S2 Gunmetal |
Flight Controls: Fulcrum One Yoke Virpil VPC WarBRD Base Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM Grip, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C Grip Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals | Virtual Fly TQ6+Throttle Quadrant | Sismo B737 Max Gear Lever | TrackIR 5Monsterteck Desk Mounts |

This being the support forum, can I get an answer please? Otherwise what is the official way to get support for my RXP purchases?

Hi,

I'm sorry your message went unnoticed in the global flow.

The issue is somewhat Just Flight related, and as a matter of fact, you might want to also lobby them to add RXP support in their fleet.

It is very easy to do, even more so that not only they do ship RXP pre-configured aircraft in X-Plane, but also our installer gives a fully defined modeldef.xml file (this is the file they need to make the 3D buttons and knobs actionable for the RXP GNS V2 - and we similarly have the modeldef.xml file for the GTN).

Now what are these clickspots about? Are they 3D clickspots or are they RXP GNS V2 clickspots (your are not using the 'nobezel' option and the click goes through the 3D material down to the underlying hidden GNS V2 knob)?

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

3 hours ago, Daedalus said:

This being the support forum, can I get an answer please?

As user to user I suggest you look at page 11 of the RXP GNS User Manual and read the section on Gauge Rendering Settings. 
An option named "no_bezel = " is explained.  Some trial and error with that setting may resolve the issue for you.

I see you found help for the Arrow III.  Look at your Arrow III's "RealityXP.GNS.ini" file and your Arrow III's "panel.cfg" file and see what worked there.  Similar approach may work for the Archer.  I also suggest you seek out Just Flight support topics for the Archer, both here, if any, and at their site, if any.  I do not own any Just Flight products. But many of my original RXP Legacy GTN installations, most for Carenado aircraft, were greatly aided by other users in just such forums. Those came before Carenado began building in their support, so that appears to be similar to what you currently are getting from Just Flight. 

Your question on inserting a second GNS is clearly a question for Just Flight and other Just Flight users. I am greatly surprised that Just Flight does not offer options for the RXP GNS Legacy gauges as they predated F1's GNS gauges I believe by several years.  Are you not finding Just Flight support for the original RXP GNS gauges?

• Upvote 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Here is an interesting post from over at the Just Flight site.  It's in their forums...  It is about XP but indicates a supporting attitude.  Link to topic there is provided below.

=================
"We currently only support RealityXP GTN integration in our PA28s for XP11 (we support the Flight1 GNS for the FSX/P3D version) but we'll certainly look into GNS integration if there is sufficient demand."

Thanks
Martyn
=================

http://forum.justflight.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=32137&title=reality-xp-integration

• Upvote 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Here is a link to a topic over at Just Flight where what appears to be a support person (Tinian, Check in Staff) details what he did for a two GNS setup in the Arrow III.  Take a look at what he did for the Arrow and perhaps try it out with your Arrow.  Then perhaps contact him regarding the Archer.  Perhaps he can help you.

http://forum.justflight.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=31514

Edited by fppilot
  • Upvote 1

Frank Patton
ASUS 

1 hour ago, fppilot said:

if there is sufficient demand

I think this is a key point not only for Just Flight, but Carenado and all others.

Although they do offer RXP integration in their X-Plane aircraft, you might wonder why they don't do the same for the FltSim aircraft. It is not even a matter of building a custom 3D mesh for the bezel and the buttons: if they already have an option for another GTN or another GNS (and even the default GPS), this work is already done.

They only work remaining therefore is simply connecting the 3D knobs and buttons to our gauges, and for this, it is very easy:

1) In case the aircraft embeds custom 3D object for the GTN, our products install the ready-to-use modeldef.xml file that has the necessary code.

2) In case the aircraft embeds a third party GNS, our products install the ready-to-use modeldef.xml as well.

3) In case the aircraft embeds the default GPS, there is no need for any modeldef.xml, our "Use Simulator GPS Commands" option takes care of this for the third party developer, as long as its 3D buttons call the default GPS commands, which I guess is the way it should be for the default GPS. Otherwise, there is still the modeldef.xml.

Honestly, it'd take only 2H work to embed our GTN or our GNS into an aircraft already having another GTN or GNS configuration. So again, please, voice your opinion and lobby third party vendors.

Edited by RXP

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Dear Jean-Luc and Frank,

Thank you very much for your kind and so helpful replies, I really appreciate it. And my apologies for being a bit too desperate for an answer.

Jean-Luc, I will certainly try the non-bezel option, or check what I have set for my RXP integration and I hope this fixes the click spots issue. I will be on my computer again tomorrow, so I will update of how it went.

Frank, thank you also so much for taking all this time to find these very useful links for me. I will look at them one by one and also the manual and see if I can integrate a second RXP as you suggested.

Regarding Just Flight integrating their planes to the RXP panels in flight sim, I can't agree more that I don't understand their hesitation to already do it. I have already submited a ticket regarding some issues on the Archer and also mentioned and asked to integrate the RXP panels. I also wrote it on their forums, but besides their previously positive intentions I don't know what ''sufficient demand" means for them. Do they need a poll? Jean-Luc I will refer to your post above and make another ticket so to make sure that they are aware of how easy it would be for them to integrate your panels. It's not only a benefit for the customer its a benefit for them as many unlike me are not willing to buy a plane if RXP is not supported and for sure an integration will bring them more sales.

Edited by Daedalus

I thank you for your understanding. It might be involving at first, intimidating even, but after a short while it is becoming very easy to tweak and mod panels. I wish this could be made easier sometimes though.

Ultimately, an integration benefits both vendors undoubtedly, not just RXP.

• Upvote 1