Sign in to follow this  
bean_sprout

Ansiotropic - nVidia CP vs P3Dv4

Setting Ansiotropic to 16x does not work in P3D v4 on my 1070 GTX SLI rig with driver 411.70.  It does work if set in the nVidia control panel as a P3D game setting.

How do you know if Ansio 16x is not working - set your plane on the runway and the centerline will start to blur about 100 out front.

Cheers
bs

• Like 1

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

Haven’t tried it yet but I will test it later today.

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

Very interesting observation. I haven't tried this myself (not near my flight sim PC right now) but maybe Rob Ainscough or Steve Waite could investigate. This is their area of expertise.

Peter Webber

Prepar3D v5 & MSFS / Windows 10 Home Edition / CPU i7-7700K / MSI Z270 XPower Gaming Titanium / Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 500GB / Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz / MSI Geforce GTX 1080Ti Gaming X

I have been very frustrated with the blurred centerline and have not been able to find a solution.  I have a 1080ti and tried several different drivers.  I had Anisotropic 16x set in the sim.  I tried setting it in the NVidia control panel and the blurred centerline is gone!  Seems to have cleaned up the view overall.  Thanks so much for the tip.

hank  

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, fueliehead said:

I have been very frustrated with the blurred centerline and have not been able to find a solution.  I have a 1080ti and tried several different drivers.  I had Anisotropic 16x set in the sim.  I tried setting it in the NVidia control panel and the blurred centerline is gone!  Seems to have cleaned up the view overall.  Thanks so much for the tip.

hank  

So do you leave it set at 16x in sim and additionally set it in NCP?

Peter Webber

Prepar3D v5 & MSFS / Windows 10 Home Edition / CPU i7-7700K / MSI Z270 XPower Gaming Titanium / Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 500GB / Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz / MSI Geforce GTX 1080Ti Gaming X

I'm running v4.3 with a Geforce 1080Ti and I have anistropic filtering set to 16x in the game. I don't see any blurring whatsoever of the centerline, runway edge lines, or any other markings, virtually in to infinity. I have never found it necessary to use the Nvidia CP, all the in game settings have always worked fine for me.

• Upvote 1

I tried this yesterday, enabling the anisotropic in the CP and somehow my sim looks better now. I set the anisotropic to trilinear in the sim, not sure if that´s the correct way to do it.

Tapani Österberg

55 minutes ago, Peter Webber said:

So do you leave it set at 16x in sim and additionally set it in NCP?

I did not change the in sim setting, it is set to 16x.  I added the setting in NCP.

4 hours ago, fueliehead said:

hank  

Just tried this and it worked great! High anisotropic settings in the P3D settings has always affected my framerates. 

Moving the settings out to my 1080 (which had plenty of breathing room) solved the problem for me. Now good!

Also moved AA out to Nvidia CP, that helped a lot too.

20 hours ago, Henry Street said:

Just tried this and it worked great! High anisotropic settings in the P3D settings has always affected my framerates. 

Moving the settings out to my 1080 (which had plenty of breathing room) solved the problem for me. Now good!

Also moved AA out to Nvidia CP, that helped a lot too. 

Would you mind sharing your AA settings?  I played with this yesterday but couldn't get good results using NCP for AA.  Thanks.

The aniso settings work fine in the game and also work in CP setup too. I've not had time to test if there's any difference in performance and will be interested to see if the P3D setting is outperformed by the corresponding CP setting of the same. If so it would more than likely seem to be a result of the problem in that system anyway.

If any settings don't change the look in-game, or for any reason of odd behaviour, the first thing to try is selecting the P3D profile in CP and Restore/Apply, then go back to the in game settings and try them out again.

Edited by SteveW

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

11 minutes ago, zwenna said:

It also depends on the used Driver I think.

No... Updates are improvements for games. P3D has this profile for a long time. Nothing changed there...

Edited by GSalden

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

2 hours ago, GSalden said:

No... Updates are improvements for games. P3D has this profile for a long time. Nothing changed there...

...and yet some drivers are better than others 😎

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

1 hour ago, GSalden said:

Still, quite a few people prefer certain drivers because other ones give them problems in P3D... Maybe the profile hasn't changed but something else in the driver might affect things...? (I myself never notice a difference with any driver though...)