Sign in to follow this  
jgoggi

Rainmaker and -400

Hi, any news on Rainmaker on the -400? It was due around November 1st.

Thank you!

James Goggi

Storm Lemmy went through and had to take care of some Virgin rain drops... it will come when it‘s done. 

PMDG never gives release dates... if there was a date mentioned it was a planned estimate, plus/minus a few months. 🙂

Edited by Ephedrin
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Ephedrin said:

It will come when it‘s done.  PMDG never gives release dates... if there was a date mentioned it was a planned estimate, plus/minus a few months. 🙂

Thanks for your (unwanted) opinion...

James Goggi

Just now, jgoggi said:

Thanks for your (unwanted) opinion...

You asked a question. He provided an actual answer that's remarkably accurate. Don't be rude because the answer didn't live up to your expectation. Nobody is going to give you a date, or additional news.

I mean...I guess I could have, but...after that? Nah...

• Like 2

Kyle Rodgers

5 minutes ago, scandinavian13 said:

because the answer didn't live up to your expectation.

It's not that it did not live up to my expectation, because it's not an answer, it's just an opinion. Since the -400 has already been made compatible with Rainmaker and since Robert said that it would come out around Nov. 1st, I thought it should not be such a mistery... 

James Goggi

20 minutes ago, jgoggi said:

Since the -400 has already been made compatible with Rainmaker

Source?

• Like 2

Kyle Rodgers

"Prepar3D v4.3+ Users

• PMDG 747-400 Queen of the Skies II Product Update (estimating Build 3.00.9004)
    • PMDG RainMaker Functionality (release for 747-400 expected approximately Nov, 1.)"

James Goggi

3 minutes ago, jgoggi said:

"Prepar3D v4.3+ Users

• PMDG 747-400 Queen of the Skies II Product Update (estimating Build 3.00.9004)
    • PMDG RainMaker Functionality (release for 747-400 expected approximately Nov, 1.)"

None of this indicates "had already been made compatible."

Kyle Rodgers

Sorry, Kyle, but what does "PMDG Rainmaker functionality" (in the update 3.00.9004, being released by Sep. 21) mean?

James Goggi

10 minutes ago, jgoggi said:

Sorry, Kyle, but what does "PMDG Rainmaker functionality" (in the update 3.00.9004, being released by Sep. 21) mean?

The post you linked is pre-release information, as such, it is predictive...but I'll break it down for you:

Prepar3D v4.3+ Users - For people using P3D4.3 (with implied 4.4-4.9, as appropriate).

PMDG 747-400 Queen of the Skies II Product Update (estimating Build 3.00.9004) - The PMDG 747-400 Queen of the Skies II product, estimated as of Build 3.00.9004. This information being noted as "estimated" indicates that it is not a statement of past work, and indicates an estimate of future status, as of an estimated product build. Same concept as a weather forecast.

PMDG RainMaker Functionality (release for 747-400 expected approximately Nov, 1.) - The above product will receive PMDG RainMaker functionality, subject to the caveat of the estimation referenced in that stanza.

Where is the confusion?

Kyle Rodgers

Well, the message written that way is quite clear, Robert was talking about what was about to be released on Sep 22 and about what was expected in that release!

"Here is the matrix for what you can expect (implied "in the release coming on Sep 22")

Prepar3D v4.3+ Users

For me this means that in the build being released around Sep 22 (estimated 3.00.9004), the -400 would have Rainmaker functionality, even if the Rainmaker itself would not yet be present until around Nov.1.

As of today (Nov. 2) we are not only at build 3.00.9004, but even further, at build 3.00.9019, so that functionality is already inside, and it has been since 3.00.9004. 

If this is not true, then that message was not clearly written...

James Goggi

18 minutes ago, jgoggi said:

For me this means that in the build being released around Sep 22 (estimated 3.00.9004), the -400 would have Rainmaker functionality, even if the Rainmaker itself would not yet be present until around Nov.1.

No. You're conflating the expected release announcement of the -8, and the later references to the post-release updates (Nov 1 is, factually, after the expected release of "weekend after September 22" - as such, post-release). I'm not sure how anyone could be linking those two. Nobody ever said "it's already in there, but we're gonna hold off until 01NOV18 just because" - in fact, we said quite the opposite: "(and soon the 747-400 as well)." You linked the two because that was your expectation, so you framed your argument on that assumption because you wanted it to be true.

19 minutes ago, jgoggi said:

As of today (Nov. 2) we are not only at build 3.00.9004, but even further, at build 3.00.9019, so that functionality is already inside, and it has been since 3.00.9004. 

If this is not true, then that message was not clearly written...

No. What it means is that you do not understand the word 'estimate' and 'expect.' To me, it seems clearer that you're reading only what you want to see, and ignoring anything you don't want to see. Which also explains your shot at the person who first responded in this thread: he answered with an answer you didn't like or want, and reacted to him rather negatively. We provided an estimate/expectation (i.e. literal prediction of the future). This does not mean that it has happened, or will happen exactly as predicted.

estimate that I will leave the office at 1500, today. If the clock shows 1600 does this mean that it is a guarantee that I will be out of the office? No. No, it does not. To assume otherwise is incorrect. To assert that my statement of an estimate is unclear is intentionally obtuse and misleading.

I expect that my commute home will take 00:45. If the clock shows 1545 does this mean it is a guarantee that I will be home? No. No, it does not.

Thank you for solidifying our stance on not providing you all more frequent, or more specific, updates, however. Any time we provide anything more than vague references, people latch onto it like it's written in stone. Please be sure to phone your local weather bureau, too, if their weather forecast from last night doesn't match what they stated should happen today.

• Like 1

Kyle Rodgers

maan, James,

you've been around avsim with your name in the signature (PMDG requirement only) for 1200 messages, I'm quote sure you know that PMDG has never given any release date promises, discounts for FSX-P3D upgrades and seed for pigeons. You haven't got it for the 1st of November and until now not at the 2nd. 

And honestly, using the words "Storm Lemmy" and "Virgin [Airlines] rain drops" should actually have made it clear that this was so much of a joke. If it didn't get to you as a joke then I'll tell you now, it was one. 

I don't get why you need to argue with Kyle? He won't hand it to you just because you insist 😄 

Please... chill and have fun 😃

• Like 2

Kyle, in few words please only tell me what this statement means:

PMDG 747-400 Queen of the Skies II Product Update (estimating Build 3.00.9004)

• PMDG RainMaker Functionality (release for 747-400 expected approximately Nov, 1.)

...if not that v 3.00.9004 will have Rainmaker functionality.... 

James Goggi

46 minutes ago, jgoggi said:

Kyle, in few words please only tell me what this statement means:

PMDG 747-400 Queen of the Skies II Product Update (estimating Build 3.00.9004)

• PMDG RainMaker Functionality (release for 747-400 expected approximately Nov, 1.)

...if not that v 3.00.9004 will have Rainmaker functionality.... 

DIFFERENT.

There. One word.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Kyle Rodgers