Sign in to follow this  
jgoggi

Rainmaker and -400

No, it's still NOT clear! I have v 3.00.9019, while ALREADY v 3.00.9004 should have had Rainmaker functionality, right?? So???

James Goggi

How wonderful. Another 'rude-off' where Kyle gets to compete with the public and see if he can elicit enough of a reaction such that the tone of the conversation deteriorates to the extent that his typical blunt, arrogant and rude style of posting becomes retrospectively justifiable.

It's so unecessary and, frankly, tiring.

Little wonder why I rarely visit the PMDG forums anymore and i regret having done so today.

And yeh yeh, I won't let the door hit me on my way out etc.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 7

Rob Bates
Simming since the age of 10 with MSFS 5.0

P3D v5.0 | 10700K (@stock) | EVGA GTX1080Ti SC2 | Z490-E ROG STRIX | 32GB 3600MHz | 970 EVO Plus M.2 & EVO 850 SSDs | H115i cooling | NZXT H440 Case | Samsung 32" CJG 1440p Curved Monitor | Virtual-Fly Ruddo & TQ3+ | Thrustmaster FCS Sidestick | Skalarki MCDU

Ask me about (my most flown): FSLabs A320-X series | MaddogX
In the hangar: Majestic Q400 Pro | PMDG 747 | A2A C182, Cherokee, Comanche & Spitfire

4 minutes ago, Jetset408 said:

How wonderful. Another 'rude-off' where Kyle gets to compete with the public and see if he can elicit enough of a reaction such that the tone of the conversation deteriorates to the extent that his typical blunt, arrogant and rude style of posting becomes retrospectively justifiable.

I think you're being a bit unfair.

It should be obvious to the OP that the feature is not available yet. Poking and prodding over semantics of wording is not going to get it released any sooner and will only generate reactions.

I don't see the need to continue to poke and prod - be like the rest of us and just wait for said feature. Accept the answer and move on. It will come.

Raindrops - it isn't that important in the scheme of things. The next complaint will probably be that they aren't big enough; or too small; or not enough; or too many .......

• Upvote 1

David Porrett

2 minutes ago, DavidP said:

think you're being a bit unfair

You are probably right. I just get fed up with seeing it here. Don't get it anywhere else. I just strongly feel that It would have been far easier just to give a polite reply and end the silly thread much earlier and not waste people's time. Anyway, not my forum or rules. I really should just stay out of it... point taken graciously, thank you.

Rob Bates
Simming since the age of 10 with MSFS 5.0

P3D v5.0 | 10700K (@stock) | EVGA GTX1080Ti SC2 | Z490-E ROG STRIX | 32GB 3600MHz | 970 EVO Plus M.2 & EVO 850 SSDs | H115i cooling | NZXT H440 Case | Samsung 32" CJG 1440p Curved Monitor | Virtual-Fly Ruddo & TQ3+ | Thrustmaster FCS Sidestick | Skalarki MCDU

Ask me about (my most flown): FSLabs A320-X series | MaddogX
In the hangar: Majestic Q400 Pro | PMDG 747 | A2A C182, Cherokee, Comanche & Spitfire

I just wish we wouldn't get all testy when someone didn't answer a question the way we wanted - sound like someone not in a relationship LOL.

However the only option at this point is to wait for the update.

Edited by X_Man

Xaver Uzo

fs2crew_747_banner4.png

1 minute ago, Jetset408 said:

I just get fed up with seeing it here

Understand completely 🙂

• Like 1

David Porrett

maybe dumb questions and even dumber sticking on a several times answered question make everyone lose his poise... No idea actually why Kyle should stay friendly.. because he's a developer? Customer is King? Kings normally are tought some behaviour and understand clear language.. and as it seems that Kyle all the time has to deal with people who obviously don't want to understand a simple "no dates are given" some clearer words are needed.. this thread really should be pushed to the dungeon.. no point at all in keeping that rubbish opened. 

No idea how flight sim developers manage their nerves dealing with people like that all the time.. facepalm.. it's not just PMDG.. Every dev I read the forums of or their FB pages are constantly attacked by these folks... and are still trying to be friendly.. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jgoggi said:

I have v 3.00.9019, while ALREADY v 3.00.9004 should have had Rainmaker functionality, right?? So???

James,

At this point, I'm starting to believe you're being intentionally obtuse.

The post clearly stated that it was anticipated to be in .9004. Anticipated. This means "predicted." Just like any other prediction, it is not guaranteed. Had we said "guaranteed," then it would be a very different story.

So, to answer your question as clearly as I can:

1. You're incorrect about it being in there - it's not in the 400 yet.
  2. We anticipated a particular version. Despite a later version being out in the public, it is still not in there.
  3. You're incorrectly interpreting the post. There is no grey area here.
1 hour ago, Jetset408 said:

You are probably right. I just get fed up with seeing it here. Don't get it anywhere else. I just strongly feel that It would have been far easier just to give a polite reply and end the silly thread much earlier and not waste people's time. Anyway, not my forum or rules. I really should just stay out of it... point taken graciously, thank you.

Appreciated.

I'd argue that those forums don't have the devs as actively engaged, to be honest.

Kyle Rodgers

Why are we all getting so tense over "Raindrops"? It's the "Bug Splats" I want to see!:biggrin:

Edited by Peter Webber

Peter Webber

Prepar3D v5 & MSFS / Windows 10 Home Edition / CPU i7-7700K / MSI Z270 XPower Gaming Titanium / Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 500GB / Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz / MSI Geforce GTX 1080Ti Gaming X

4 hours ago, X_Man said:

I just wish we wouldn't get all testy when someone didn't answer a question the way we wanted - sound like someone not in a relationship LOL.

However the only option at this point is to wait for the update.

What does his relationship status have to do with anything?

WOW. 25 posts in and we haven’t achieved anything. The guy just asked a simple question! 

“Hey I heard rainmaker was due out around this time? Any news?”

”no, still in development, will update when we have more.”

Doubtful anything else really needed to be said!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Johnny Crockett
7700K @5ghz | Asus GTX 1070 | G.Skill 16GB 3600 | P3D V4

28 minutes ago, johnnycrockett said:

The guy just asked a simple question! 

Not quite the way I read it ...

• Like 1

David Porrett

1 hour ago, johnnycrockett said:

WOW. 25 posts in and we haven’t achieved anything. The guy just asked a simple question! 

Doubtful anything else really needed to be said!

Original question was asked, original question was answered, and the response by the original poster was "Thanks for your (unwanted) opinion..." At that point, it went downhill from there because somebody felt the need to pick out words in another post and doesn't appear to be willing to listen to the development team.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

5 hours ago, johnnycrockett said:

Not quite...

The guy asked a question - Yes. And that question was answered.

Then the guy, plowed on, relentlessly... so here we are - yet again...

• Upvote 1

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471