Sign in to follow this  
Anthony Salvino

3 monitor advice?

Hi, I'm purchasing a new strong computer to set up X-Plane for first time, I was previously using FSX for years with 3 monitors, but now want to move to X-Plane but was just wondering is using 3 monitors with X-Plane do-able? I would think so but just curious if anyone had any input. Thanks.

I've just installed it and it knew I was using three monitors and that's how it displayed!

I was impressed.

• Upvote 1

ha, that’s awesome!  I briefly went to one monitor on FSX right before I deleted everything for the heck of it & was like no way, once you go three you’ll never go back lol, so was just curious.  I have an Aurora coming soon so psyched to get the 3 monitors set up with X Plane.  Thanks much for heads up.  

"...once you go three you’ll never go back..."

-Amen to that. I debated for months whether to invest in one of the 34" Ultrawide, single monitor but just could not get the peripheral advantage to that of 3-monitors. I wish someone could invent a 3-monitor set up with the bezels completely masked. In other words, the 3-monitor thinks it's a single monitor. 

Read the xplane manual first. There's some good explanation there using multiple monitors. Also get your monitors set up properly in Windows first before you start xplane. XP runs fastest in Windowed mode rather than full screen and you have the benefit of accessing other support like simbrief when your flying. Set your FOV in settings/ graphics section to something like 135 degrees. When in the sim you can use your mouse to drag the window across all 3 screens. Set your camera view(s). When happy press ctrl and a numpad key. It will then be remembered just like EzyDok in fsx.  If you are into the B737 everyone is very happy to use the Xiibo mod version. Its free too as are lots of things here! Welcome to Xplane!

• Upvote 1

thanks much for the info, all the info out there is sure overwhelming, I'm probably going to hire a tech guy to come to my house to help set this all up, I'll show him your post here too. Thanks.