Sign in to follow this  
AviatorMan

Is Cambridge NDB working in P3D?

Is anyone else having problems with the Cambridge EGSC NDB (NDB CAM freq = 332.5) in P3Dv4? I have tried to tune it on two different sim aircraft recently and it doesn't come alive. It's listed on the most recent real-world chart, and it was working several months ago in the real world when I was taking lessons there.

My system specs: Intel i9-10850@3.6 - 5.2 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080, 32GB  DDR4  RAMNoctua NH-D15 CPU Cooler,1TB Seagate SSD, 4TB Seagate HD, Windows 10, Asus 32 inch monitor, Saitek Yoke, Throttle Quadrant, Rudder Pedals and Trim Wheel     Sims: MSFS2020      Preferred Aircraft  Black Square Bonanza, and Baron, A2A Comanche, PMDG DC-6, Red Wing L1049 

1 hour ago, AviatorMan said:

Is anyone else having problems with the Cambridge EGSC NDB (NDB CAM freq = 332.5) in P3Dv4? I have tried to tune it on two different sim aircraft recently and it doesn't come alive. It's listed on the most recent real-world chart, and it was working several months ago in the real world when I was taking lessons there.

A missing NDB would make sense if it had been installed within the past decade or more.... the default scenery navaid data is bascially obsolete.  If you are near it in P3D open the map and look for a symbol where it belongs.  No symbol no navaid.

You can add it using Heres Sors Easy Navs tool, or if it is near an airport you can use ADE to add the navaid by creating/modifying an AF file.

Dan Downs KCRP

19 hours ago, downscc said:

A missing NDB would make sense if it had been installed within the past decade or more.... the default scenery navaid data is bascially obsolete.  If you are near it in P3D open the map and look for a symbol where it belongs.  No symbol no navaid.

You can add it using Heres Sors Easy Navs tool, or if it is near an airport you can use ADE to add the navaid by creating/modifying an AF file.

Thanks for the suggestion. I think I have identified the problem. I loaded P3D in the new Milviz Twin Comanche at EGSC and opened the map. The NDB is there, but the frequency given is 332, not 332.5. I dialled the ADF radio to 332.0 and the radio picked it up. But it does not pick up the 332.5 frequency. I flew from EGSC to Liverpool EGGP, which has an NDB near the airport at 349.5 frequency, and the radio picks this frequency up fine. The P3D map shows it correctly at 349.5, as also indicated by the current aviation chart. So I am wondering, was the CAB frequency previously 332.0 (when the FSX database was put together) but changed to 332.5 in recent years?

My system specs: Intel i9-10850@3.6 - 5.2 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080, 32GB  DDR4  RAMNoctua NH-D15 CPU Cooler,1TB Seagate SSD, 4TB Seagate HD, Windows 10, Asus 32 inch monitor, Saitek Yoke, Throttle Quadrant, Rudder Pedals and Trim Wheel     Sims: MSFS2020      Preferred Aircraft  Black Square Bonanza, and Baron, A2A Comanche, PMDG DC-6, Red Wing L1049 

4 hours ago, AviatorMan said:

So I am wondering, was the CAB frequency previously 332.0 (when the FSX database was put together) but changed to 332.5 in recent years?

Good question.  In the US the FAA will usually change the ident and frequency of a navaid if it is moved, so did you happen to notice if your 332.0 NDB was in the exact place that you expect to find 332.5 NDB? 

Dan Downs KCRP