Sign in to follow this  
ibomiles

MCE Supports BE-146 Ultimate Collection

Its been awhile since my last video and many changes have  occurred.
I'm no longer on the east coast,  I'm now out in the heartland.

Also my Rig has had a bunch of upgrades since my last video

1.  NVIDIA from GTX 770 to 1070
2.  RAM from 4gb to 8gb
3.  Mobo swap z97k from z87k (2 ram slots shorted out)
4.  Added 2 SSDs 240gb & 128gb
5.  P3Dv4 Pro installed on 240gb
6.  FSX reinstalled on 128gb
7.  Added Dual Monitor setup (2 used Samsung Sync Master Monitors w/ 1920 x 1200 installed.)  Retired my AOC 1280 x 1024
8.  Added amazing Sony Audio Sound System & 7 band EQ for realism. Cost peanuts at the local thrift store.
9.  Upgraded to GSX Level 2
10. Upgraded to EZdok v2.6
11. Added Skyforce 3D and aircraft payware specifically for P3Dv4
________________________________________________________________________________________

This new video is again flying the BAE-146 RJ70 under FSX Boxed

Off-loaded various GUIs and popup menus to a 2nd monitor for FSX ATC and messages, REX/E+OD, MCE, GSX , EZDOK panel and whatever else I can.

This flight begins on the tarmac opposed to the cockpit.  In my attempt to improve realism, this video includes my interaction in the virtual world with the aircraft, the fuel truck driver and the catering service loader.

The Ezdok manages all the view changes

MCE handles all voice recognition and verbal responses from the FO and Ground Crew.

Although P3Dv4 is installed, it does not yet support BAE-146 Aircraft.

Before we get started on the flight,  I have a few interesting observations:

a. Like the MADDOG in the real world, the BAE 146 has reached the end of its useful life as a regional jet and it's being retired from service.

b. I really like this plane. Although its not as sophisticated as the PMDG, Leonardo and Majestic offerings, its one of my favorite aircraft to pushback,  I especially like the lighted rocker switches in the overhead panel.  Night flying is just so cool.

c. The QW BAE 146 Ultimate Collection consists of 6 aircraft which are actually 3 aircraft with 2 different instrument panels  They are the:

BAE 100, 200, 300 -   with avionics that are rather semi- automatic and require more pilot input

BAE Avro Jet RJ 70, 85, 100 - with more modern automatic avionics.

See ya'll up there . . .

Your subscriptions, questions and/or comments are always welcome.

Edited by ibomiles
typo
  • Like 1

Hi,

Thank you for these very well made videos (nice introduction from real). I really like this plane I own in FSX. I wish it was in P3Dv4. Do you know if anything is planned about his conversion?

If you don't mind, I have a little comment...Why are you retracting the flaps so early? Considering the speed of the plane, it's a bit early...

Anyway, I wish all the videos on youtube were as well made, because sometimes (too often...cough, cough)...no comment!:wink:

If you don't have it yet, I recommend the excellent ORBX KTEX airport.

Regards,

Richard

Edited by DrumsArt

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

11 hours ago, DrumsArt said:

Hi,

Thank you for these very well made videos (nice introduction from real). I really like this plane I own in FSX. I wish it was in P3Dv4. Do you know if anything is planned about his conversion?

Regards,

Richard

Actually, Quality Wings BAe 146 (including Avrojet) series are fully supported under both P3D and FSX.

On ‎11‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 4:26 AM, FS++ said:

Actually, Quality Wings BAe 146 (including Avrojet) series are fully supported under both P3D and FSX.

Does this include P3Dv4.4?

On ‎11‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 11:00 AM, ibomiles said:

Its been awhile since my last video and many changes have  occurred.
I'm no longer on the east coast,  I'm now out in the heartland.

Also my Rig has had a bunch of upgrades since my last video

1.  NVIDIA from GTX 770 to 1070
2.  RAM from 4gb to 8gb
3.  Mobo swap z97k from z87k (2 ram slots shorted out)
4.  Added 2 SSDs 240gb & 128gb
5.  P3Dv4 Pro installed on 240gb
6.  FSX reinstalled on 128gb
7.  Added Dual Monitor setup (2 used Samsung Sync Master Monitors w/ 1920 x 1200 installed.)  Retired my AOC 1280 x 1024
8.  Added amazing Sony Audio Sound System & 7 band EQ for realism. Cost peanuts at the local thrift store.
9.  Upgraded to GSX Level 2
10. Upgraded to EZdok v2.6
11. Added Skyforce 3D and aircraft payware specifically for P3Dv4
________________________________________________________________________________________

This new video is again flying the BAE-146 RJ70 under FSX Boxed

Off-loaded various GUIs and popup menus to a 2nd monitor for FSX ATC and messages, REX/E+OD, MCE, GSX , EZDOK panel and whatever else I can.

This flight begins on the tarmac opposed to the cockpit.  In my attempt to improve realism, this video includes my interaction in the virtual world with the aircraft, the fuel truck driver and the catering service loader.

The Ezdok manages all the view changes

MCE handles all voice recognition and verbal responses from the FO and Ground Crew.

Although P3Dv4 is installed, it does not yet support BAE-146 Aircraft.

Before we get started on the flight,  I have a few interesting observations:

a. Like the MADDOG in the real world, the BAE 146 has reached the end of its useful life as a regional jet and it's being retired from service.

b. I really like this plane. Although its not as sophisticated as the PMDG, Leonardo and Majestic offerings, its one of my favorite aircraft to pushback,  I especially like the lighted rocker switches in the overhead panel.  Night flying is just so cool.

c. The QW BAE 146 Ultimate Collection consists of 6 aircraft which are actually 3 aircraft with 2 different instrument panels  They are the:

BAE 100, 200, 300 -   with avionics that are rather semi- automatic and require more pilot input

BAE Avro Jet RJ 70, 85, 100 - with more modern automatic avionics.

See ya'll up there . . .

Your subscriptions, questions and/or comments are always welcome.

SCROLL DOWN FOR VIDEO

3 hours ago, ibomiles said:

Always amazed by the effort you put into your videos. Very meticulous approach indeed.

The only reason you won't get too many hits is related to the length of the video (people have very short attention span these days, and there are too many click bait sort of videos that will grab theirs) as well as the very niche place the BAe146 occupies.

Well done ibomiles..