Sign in to follow this  
Berlopez

scs_tupolev_tu134a_3_fsx

:ohmy: I happen to have found this wonderful tu134, is a very complete model with interiors and generally complete to be a freebe, so I proceeded to download it.

Once in my computer I unzipped the file and it showed an Automatic installer folder and a .dll

For safetys' sakeI always extract to a folder I create.

Here the installer showed and the .dll

I ran the installer which was already programmed to find my FSX installation, so I continued...

Once installation finished I started my FSX\Gold and...( Here's where something is amiss ) It took almost 20 minutes to start from the Splash Screen...Then to the turning plane and then to the loading line. :wacko: Before it started in 5 minutes to my default flight.

Shame it's a nice plane, except for the Russian Language Course one needs to take to understand the cockpit Tool tips.

I don't mean to Bad Mouth anyone, took me three days to find the .dll to fix my installation, maybe I am not experienced enough.

Berlopez

Edited by Berlopez
misspeals

So.......You now have the experience of the dreaded Russian equivalent of our site??  If that is true, i know how you feel.  I got trapped there just looking around and had to do a "hard" power down  just to get out of there.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

How unfortunate charliearon, I remember in the days of Fs9 theire tu Bear bomber. I guess one has to be careful which site one visits from there too. Tears of capitalism.

Hello,

I have downloaded a version of this from here.

It installs and runs without a problem.

nolonger, Yes! I downloaded from the link you posted above, well didn't need a Russian course and after three attempts manged to intall it in my sim. Shame all is in Russian.

I use Peazip to extract my downloads and with it it managed to find my FSX. My interior views are screw-up, specially the aisle one.

I'll keep fiddling with it and report...

Thanks,

Berlopez

There used to be an English language manual on which I've based an annotated manual intended for the 3D cockpit and startup, but since the former can no longer be found, the latter is pretty much useless.

A complete English manual never made it past the first draft.

For what it's worth, here's the draft, useful for getting an overview over the cockpit switches and systems.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6K_xiE2GqmMY1g5WlkzMjJNZkk/view
And my annotations to the original English manual.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1LgF2KWc1IrFpyr0W9C-5wuPu0Ki0nxijZ0jHOf_8y0g/edit#heading=h.pydf5ukoa11s

Startup is covered in this video (not made by me):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noCcDfTFN0c

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

Bjoern:

Thanks for your support and guidelines.

Without meaning to insult anyone,I have given up on it; Maybe my sys isn't big enough to run it, I am below min. specs. but manage to run a descent FSX \Gold with all my addons, though is a bit tweaked. Thanks for the start-up video it's on the download site refferring to Youtubes' link.Although I have tooltips turned on they don't show anything..!...? And this made me give it up too.

I want to say this is my experience with this addon and doesn't nessesarily mean it is bad and that I don't reccomend it, O contraire, for those that have machines that can run it.

Berlopez 

Edited by Berlopez
spelling

How right you are Bjoern, after having this win7 32 machine for some years I bought a new Medion with Windows 8 ( I think here you'd appreciate how computer illiterate I am 9 Course i fell into the Windows 8 curse and everytime I installed my programs into that machine it failed and I had to send it for reformatting in Germany under warranty. Then I found Medion had an office and workshop here, nobody told me I just happened to have driven by ! So I took it there after a third fail in hope of being reembursed, Ha! Nothing doing because the pushasing Laws here state that if the machine has been aboard at some point the warranty is non valid any longer.

As you say LIFE IS TOO SHORT TO WASTE TIME...And perhaps my Health that I decided to park it and it's been sitting in the basement now for two years.

I returned to  my Dell Vostro 220 with Windows 7 since and it's MUCH more reliable. all I do to it once in a while is open the cabinet and Blow dust off it with a aircan.

Charliearon my thanks go to you too.

Thanks. Berlopez

Edited by Berlopez