Sign in to follow this  
HaraldG

Leipzig to Tbilisi with the Tu-134

Hi,

some pictures from a journey Leipzig EDDP to Tbilisi UGTB via Istanbul-Atatürk LTBA. I followed the route I flew four weeks ago in real world, with exception that I started at Berlin-Tegel then. But from the Polish/Czech border on the route should be quite the same.

Taxiing at Leipzig...

WRf6Mlw.jpg

Still an Interflug plane!

EHQ7nNQ.jpg

FMUfYbe.jpg

That is where I live: A sharp turn over Dresden. In fact, my house is situated where the rear end of the plane points to.

VBecaur.jpg

Climbing above the Ore mountains, situated at the German-Czech border

kFTwbLJ.jpg

Night falls above Romania

QMnaUK5.jpg

AM8lonL.jpg

Approaching to Istanbul-Atatürk. As you surely know, this airport will be closed soon, replaced by a new built airport north of Istanbul. However, in my simulator it will be live on.

TvGDAZL.jpg

The next day...

wrQM6nr.jpg

S0o61oA.jpg

Taking off for Tbilisi!

HIu0w81.jpg

GpivVKr.jpg

Somewhere over Turkey

H34r83K.jpg

Approaching Georgia and the Caucasus main range

QmcJwlu.jpg

Approaching Tbilisi with the remarkable TV-Tower

TaI23nF.jpg

Final approach

t6iDE87.jpg

rPZJgc3.jpg

Arrived!

Ou96G0N.jpg

Kr2FaZT.jpg

IjzT3Ie.jpg

Now let's go into the town and have a good glass of Georgian wine. As I was in Georgia only two weeks ago, my rememberings are still fresh!

Plane: Freeware by SCS, available at avsim.su

Sceneries: Leipzig by Aerosoft (payware); Istanbul-Atatürk by Gökhan Bayrakdar; Tbilisi by Alexander Svanidze

Have fun!

Regards, Harald

• Like 3

Harald Geyer
   Gründer der Messerschmitt Freunde Dresden v. V.

lYI9iQV.jpg

Marvelous series of shots...nice to match the route to one you actually flew! Also, your AI aircraft do add a very special touch!

Job well-done! Enjoy your wine now...🙂...

Thanks again P_7878!

Wine did taste well, it was a 2016 Kindzmarauli from Qvareli town in eastern Georgia. By the way, when drinking, I found out that my AI traffic is kind of outdated: Georgian National deceased, while there's a new airline Myway Airlines at Tbilisi. Some work to do...

Harald Geyer

lYI9iQV.jpg

11 hours ago, HaraldG said:

I found out that my AI traffic is kind of outdated...Some work to do...

Great post series as ever, Harald. Your AI never ceases to amaze.
My airports eventually succumbed to terminal go-around (wow that is some flightsim pun!) because I was far too lazy to unpick superseded airlines. 🙂

Wonderful set Harald! Great to see you back in the Tu-134. Love your AI gems.

I have made the AMTES hangar at EDDP for the Aerosoft scenery. (My first venture into GMAX modeling). It will feature in my next video LSZH/EDDP VDA1035.  😎

Edited by edetroit

Hi WingZ and Ed, I'm glad you still like those arrangements.

Did research: neither a flightplan nor a livery available for Myway Airlines...!

Unfortunately my time for developing the simulator gets less and less (work, house, family etc.). So I continue to harvest the fruits I planted five years ago or even earlier. However, I think that then and when a new Georgian airport will appear.

Good luck Ed for your 3D modelling career. I much appreciate that you picked up an airport that is so near to my home! Looking forward for the video!

Harald Geyer

lYI9iQV.jpg

What a superb flight, Harald and thank you for taking us along

On 11/4/2018 at 8:13 PM, HaraldG said:

...I found out that my AI traffic is kind of outdated

When you update your AI, don't delete the Interflug liveries, it adds a nice sentimental touch to AI. For the same reason I keep my Air Berlin planes 😉

Any attempt to stretch fuel is guaranteed to increase headwinds

My specs: AMD Radeon RX6700XT, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB RAM, 34" monitor, screen resolution: 2560x1080

10 hours ago, bernd1151 said:

don't delete the Interflug liveries

This will never happen; these planes are part of my "historic planes standing around and flying a pattern once a week" strategy. Air Berlin continues to live in my simulator, too; some airports would be quite empty without. What I meant are some defunct and some new airlines in Turkey and Georgia.

And I still don't know what to do with Atatürk airport as soon as a version of the airport will be available.

P.S. Did you spot the plane of the early GDR's Lufthansa?

Harald Geyer

lYI9iQV.jpg

19 hours ago, HaraldG said:

P.S. Did you spot the plane of the early GDR's Lufthansa?

No, Harald, I didn't. But now that you told me, it's the Il-18 in your second shot 😊

Any attempt to stretch fuel is guaranteed to increase headwinds

My specs: AMD Radeon RX6700XT, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB RAM, 34" monitor, screen resolution: 2560x1080

Thanks Ed for posting. I'm in Leipzig next week; if I have time I'll look out for the Volga-Dnepr planes when passing by at the Autobahn!

Harald Geyer

lYI9iQV.jpg