Sign in to follow this  
jt8d9a

MilViz T310R

13 hours ago, jcomm said:

The MilViz C310 was probably one of the best GA twins ever designed for MSFS.

"Is" not "was"

• Like 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

8 hours ago, jon b said:

Is it better than the P3D version (which I own and enjoy) would you say?

cheers

It's the same plane only now with turbo-charged engines in an X-plane version.  There is a 'Redux' version for FSX/P3D which is an upgrade of the original and this is an XP version of that.

OK, bought her. Really nice work! 

30766830677_e3e9e23e07_h.jpg

44982508034_02fb3e9944_h.jpg

30766826117_17c72edbfe_h.jpg

44982504934_ae64171836_h.jpg

Now i hope MilViz will also bring their helicopters to XP (Chinook please!!)

42 minutes ago, jt8d9a said:

OK, bought her. Really nice work! 

So you were flying at dusk, and now likely at night. You should definitely check out the advanced cockpit, panel, and instrument lighting that is incorporated into this model.  If it is the same in xp as in fsx it is top notch to say the least!

Edited by fppilot

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

nope, i don´t fly at night. But i will try it 🙂

Meanwhile a nice appetizer for those who are on the fence: 

I really hope Milviz will bring their helicopters to XP, since XP is a much better platform for helicopters than P3D. Nice to see that a quality developer like Milviz have made their jump over to XP. Keep it up! 🙂

---

MSFS | DCS | X-plane 12

6 minutes ago, NorwegianAviator said:

I really hope Milviz will bring their helicopters to XP, since XP is a much better platform for helicopters than P3D.

SInce Rush has the same wish, I think this is more than likely, if the plane sells.

The MD530 is coming for XP... and probably the Totter as well (everyone else hates it when I call the Turbo Otter that....)  We're also looking at the ATR.  That one's a hard maybe.

We will see.  

• Like 3

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

4 minutes ago, Longranger said:

SInce Rush has the same wish, I think this is more than likely, if the plane sells.

I really hope so. XP is the future. Unless LM starts to seriously do some heavy improvements on their P3D platform, it will slowly die out. It will be very interesting to see where XP is at in 12 months from now 🙂

---

MSFS | DCS | X-plane 12

5 minutes ago, Milviz said:

The MD530 is coming for XP... and probably the Totter as well (everyone else hates it when I call the Turbo Otter that....)  We're also looking at the ATR.  That one's a hard maybe.

We will see.  

Excellent news. XP is a completely different but far more realistic platform when it comes to helicopters. One more thing I really miss is a fully simulated Twin Otter for XP. There's already one for XP, but it's not very good. Most of the systems are way off and it's full of strange (obvious) bugs.

Turboprops are something I don't fly in P3D, due to the ridiculous turboprop simulation. It's so far away from reality, it's amazing this hasn't been fixed after all these years.

---

MSFS | DCS | X-plane 12

10 minutes ago, NorwegianAviator said:

I really hope so. XP is the future. Unless LM starts to seriously do some heavy improvements on their P3D platform, it will slowly die out.

Well, the problem with P3D is that it isn't really developed as a flight simulator. LM has really pushed it hard and it contains lots of new code, but for fligfht simulation they use most of the time the old code that is still inside. For LM P3d as a universal tool is much more usefull.

Edited by Longranger
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Milviz said:

The MD530 is coming for XP...

Great news about the MD530, I'm looking forward to it.

I have some real-life time as a commercial aerial photographer (non-pilot) in Hughes 500's, although it was years ago. The Jet Rangers my company hired were usually more stable platforms for aerial gigs, but I always had fun flying in the 500's when that was the local option. More of a sports car than a truck, and a very good FOV with the door off.

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

Be interesting to see if they convert their DHC2 for XP.  I've heard it was originally the 'SoulSim' moderl converted to FSX/P3D so maybe their reconversion to XP11 will have good ground handling ☺️.