Sign in to follow this  
chumley

Camera Definitions

I haven't used the PMDG NGX since the middle of the year.

At that time everything was working as expected.

However, when loading the NGX yesterday there was no Captains View and the only Cockpit views available to me were:

F/O Seat;
Overhead Upper Panel;
Overhead Lower Panel; and
Center Pedestal

There were 10 Camera Definitions relating to the Aircraft.

I downloaded the latest file from my account today and after uninstalling the NGX using the latest installer I rebooted the Computer.

I then installed the latest NGX version in Administrator Mode, ignored the Operations Centre advice of updates and checked in P3Dv4 to see if the issue had been corrected. It hadn't.

I then updated to version 1.20.8855 through the PMDG Operations Centre. I checked in P3Dv4 and still only the definitions referred to above exist.

This situation also occurs in P3Dv3

The same situation exists for the 777 Base Pack  for versions  P3Dv3 and P3Dv4.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Hello,

I‘m not sure if PMDG provides a dedicated „CPT seat view“ actually. So when you look for it in the views menu of the right click menu I am not sure if You find it there. However you should be able to use the very standard FSX/P3D „F9“ key assignment (or the A key to cycle cockpit views) to get to the left seat. Have you tried that? Have you possibly reassigned F9 to sth else?

I further think in the right click menu it‘s simply called „virtual cockpit“ which is the P3D standard set in the cameras.cfg

Edited by Ephedrin

11 hours ago, Ephedrin said:

Hello,

I‘m not sure if PMDG provides a dedicated „CPT seat view“ actually. So when you look for it in the views menu of the right click menu I am not sure if You find it there. However you should be able to use the very standard FSX/P3D „F9“ key assignment (or the A key to cycle cockpit views) to get to the left seat. Have you tried that? Have you possibly reassigned F9 to sth else?

I further think in the right click menu it‘s simply called „virtual cockpit“ which is the P3D standard set in the cameras.cfg

Thanks for your comments.

F9 is linked on p3d to 'View Camera 1 (select).

Pressing the 'A' key cycles between the 4 options shown in my original post.

In the Aircraft.cfg the only camera definitions for the 'Virtual Cockpit' are those listed and accessible by the 'A' key.

How many camera definitions are in your Aircraft.cfg for the 737-800NGX with winglets?

Andy, 

I assume you do not have any camera addon, as those can change the camera setups not only of the airplanes but also of the simulator in general. IF you have one you'll probably have to wait for someone jump in who has experience with it as I don't have them.

So in the cameras.cfg under the Virtual Cockpit title ([CameraDefinition.002] in my file) there must be a line with "Hotkeyselect=1" to make the F9 key work. Hotkeyselect =1-4 makes the buttons F9 to F12 act as camera control buttons as long as they are set so in the controls, which you say they are. Camera addons might delete this line or double slash them out. // before a line will make the system ignore the line. 

1 hour ago, chumley said:

How many camera definitions are in your Aircraft.cfg for the 737-800NGX with winglets?

000 to 009 are mainly wing views, 010 is the F/O Seat, 011-013 are Overhead and Pedestal. 

In the Sim it looks like this:

bXKe0i6.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks for everything Marc

Your latest comments had pointed me in the direction of Cameras.cfg and I found mine to be corrupted. I have no idea what caused the corruption but replacing it with a back-up from about a week back resulted in the return of all views as they were before.

The only thing I can find that was loaded/updated on the date the Cameras.cfg backup was created was a java 8 Update 191. Circumstantially that would appear to be the culprit but not necessarily. There is another file created two days later - cameras.cfg-lltxbak - which I suspect may have been created by updating from PMDG Operations Centre - but that is a guess.

Anyway, regardless I have the views back and it appears to be OK.

I'll go and reinstall the 777 and see if it turns out OK.

Many thanks again.

You‘re welcome.

However I doubt that PMDG does anything with the cameras.cfg. It‘s simply not their style to play around with those parts of the sim. They normally keep their business inside the PMDG folder.