Sign in to follow this  
maxhades

KSTS from ORBX

Hi Steve

Only on this airport so far. Problems with the lights. FSX+Fixer

Cheers

Max

2018-11-3_12-37-46-412.jpg

Try turning on missing texture alert in fsx.cfg to see if that is the cause.  You can do that via the fsx.cfg editor from the dx10 controller top menu or search through the fixer manual for better instructions

I have done that. No error message and the bmp.2 file is in the effects folder if you ask!

Max

In the effects folder there is one orbx fx file called

fx_orbx_KSTS_white_approach.fx

May this is the problem?

After setting this file to OFF for a test. There is no approach light anymore but also no squares. So this file make some troubles. How can i solve this?

Edited by maxhades

Go into the debug dialog from top menu in controller.  Try changing the alpha test setting high which is about 4 rows down to full and see if that helps.

ORBX's airports are good, but far from perfect. I recently bought Redding Muni KRDD airport and to my surprise in P3Dv4.3 you cannot start your flights from a GA parking spot, but only from a gate, otherwise all the airport buildings will not show.

In addition to that annoying feature, in all cases the aircraft when parked, are not sitting on the ground, but elevated some feet above, also at the runways.

To my surprise too, ORBX knows all that very well, but have done nothing  to correct these issues.

Best advice: before buying any ORBX product, go first to their forums and read all the customer's comments and eventual complaints in advance.

Cheers, Ed

• Like 1

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

You right. I have also a lot ORBX products! This is the only airfield with light problems in dx10 because of their own lightfile i guess, which is not dedected by the fixer. I have also KRDD. I will check your problem!

May I jump in. I remember that there is a texture file "fx_2_orbx_KSTS.bmp" misplaced in the Effects folder.

Please go into the FSX/Effects folder and shift (or copy and paste) this file into the FSX/Effects/texture folder. This should hopefully do the trick.

For some reason the approach light effect that max has for KSTS refers to a light texture bitmap from PAHO.   Max can you check if that texture is in fact included with KSTS but in the wrong place that Wulfbindewald suggested

Edited by SteveFx

1 hour ago, edpatino said:

ORBX's airports are good, but far from perfect. I recently bought Redding Muni KRDD airport and to my surprise in P3Dv4.3 you cannot start your flights from a GA parking spot, but only from a gate, otherwise all the airport buildings will not show.

In addition to that annoying feature, in all cases the aircraft when parked, are not sitting on the ground, but elevated some feet above, also at the runways.

To my surprise too, ORBX knows all that very well, but have done nothing  to correct these issues.

Best advice: before buying any ORBX product, go first to their forums and read all the customer's comments and eventual complaints in advance.

Cheers, Ed

Hi Ed,

Yep - been an issue for me for a very long time - it's easily recreated - I've posted multiple requests in their appropriate support forum - I even PM'd the developer of the airport directly - no response - no fix ever offered - thanks for the gumball Mickey - LOL...

Regards,
Scott

• Like 1

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Guys, this is a DX10 Scenery Fixer support forum thread about a specific problem at KSTS in FSX DX10 preview mode not KRDD in P3D - the fixer doesn't run in P3D.

Edited by SteveFx