Sign in to follow this  
Michael Moe

Reset Lorbi Scenery editor somehow

Hi,

I have come to some scenery issues with this program. P3Dv4 seems to bee okay but i keep getting layer issues needed to correct before Lorbi allows me to disable groupes or just manually scenerys.

Is it possible to start for a fresh with this program ?

Thanks

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

2 hours ago, Michael Moe said:

Hi,

I have come to some scenery issues with this program. P3Dv4 seems to bee okay but i keep getting layer issues needed to correct before Lorbi allows me to disable groupes or just manually scenerys.

Is it possible to start for a fresh with this program ?

Thanks

Michael Moe

Hello Michael,

P4AO is stateless, it doesn't have a database of its own (except for the scenery groups). It reads and displays your current simulator configuration every time that you start it. So whatever happens is present in the config files themselves. 

If it is telling you that you have a non-sequential layer order, that will indeed be the case. What it means is, that you are using the same layer number more than once in your scenery.cfg or somehow managed to produce a gap in the scenery layers in general. P3D will probably tell you the same thing if you try to use the Scenery Library dialog. You can use the "Auto-layer" checkbox in P4AO to make it go away. With it active, P4AO will try to keep all your scenery layers in sequential order automatically.

Best regards

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

55 minutes ago, Lorby_SI said:

Hello Michael,

P4AO is stateless, it doesn't have a database of its own (except for the scenery groups). It reads and displays your current simulator configuration every time that you start it. So whatever happens is present in the config files themselves. 

If it is telling you that you have a non-sequential layer order, that will indeed be the case. What it means is, that you are using the same layer number more than once in your scenery.cfg or somehow managed to produce a gap in the scenery layers in general. P3D will probably tell you the same thing if you try to use the Scenery Library dialog. You can use the "Auto-layer" checkbox in P4AO to make it go away. With it active, P4AO will try to keep all your scenery layers in sequential order automatically.

Best regards

Thank you for your respond but i have tried all those things you mentioned. Is this program editing anything when you make groupes ?

Btw . I do not get any errors when i start P3dV4 . I only have issues when i start your software.

I whent back to the old configurator program i had which only deals with scenery.cfg i guess and even that i havent touch that prgram in 6 month it works and i also could enable new scenerys to groupes created by this other software.

I like your software but what can be wrong ? 

Thanks

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

I only have issues when i start your software.

1. What issues? What message are you getting exactly and when do you get it? You initial statement is unclear in that regard. A screenshot would help.
  2. Even if I knew what message you are getting, I cannot analyze anything without access to your configuration. I will require a backup of all your config files (made with P4AO) if you want me to look at it.

Best regards

LORBY-SI

20 minutes ago, Michael Moe said:

Is this program editing anything when you make groupes ?

No.

LORBY-SI

21 minutes ago, Michael Moe said:

what can be wrong 

You have an error in your configuration that only P4AO can detect. It is absolutely possible that no other program can, and that P3D doesn't care (unless you open the scenery library dialog and try to make changes - that usually results in trouble).

Best regards

LORBY-SI

2 minutes ago, Lorby_SI said:

1. What issues? What message are you getting exactly and when do you get it? You initial statement is unclear in that regard. A screenshot would help.
  2. Even if I knew what message you are getting, I cannot analyze anything without access to your configuration. I will require a backup of all your config files (made with P4AO) if you want me to look at it.

Best regards

Again thank you  , i am aware that there could be issues but i do not see them inside P3DV4. On the other hand its difficult to manually control the layer order as it should be done auto by the sim.

The software gives me a layer issue  when i try to disable/enable scenerys.

I dont blame your software , just trying to "get back to start "with it, because you have the scenerys with the new entrys method within,

Thanks

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

1 hour ago, Michael Moe said:

The software gives me a layer issue  when i try to disable/enable scenerys.

I'm sorry, but I have to ask again: What "layer issue"? What does it do? Is there an error message, what does it say? And when exactly does it happen (when you press which button or operate which control?)

Best regards

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

3 minutes ago, Michael Moe said:

just trying to "get back to start "with it,

P4AO is always "at the start". The program does not work like that, it doesn't "remember" or keep extra data.

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

5 minutes ago, Michael Moe said:

as it should be done auto by the sim.

The sim cannot know what layer order a scenery requires. It is all up to the scenery developer to get it right.

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

Also, try this:

• Activate "Auto Layer"
  • Click on any one entry in the middle of the scenery list
  • Click "Up", then "Down"
  • Try "Save" again.

Best regards

LORBY-SI

Thanks. I Will have a look 

Does your groupe thing reorganize? 

When i manual change layer number in original scenery.cfg and even have yours automated disabled it reverse like someone is changing it back. 

I think FTX Central might be a problem as it keep moving my openlclights to another layer when i start the software. 

Thanks Michael Moe 

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

37 minutes ago, Michael Moe said:

Thanks. I Will have a look 

Does your groupe thing reorganize? 

When i manual change layer number in original scenery.cfg and even have yours automated disabled it reverse like someone is changing it back. 

I think FTX Central might be a problem as it keep moving my openlclights to another layer when i start the software. 

Thanks Michael Moe 

No, the groups don't change anything in the scenery layers. They are an external mechanism. 

FTX Central is changing the scenery every time that you start it. You don't have to install or uninstall anything, just running the FTX Central program is enough. You can make that a little less invasive if you set a scenery insertion point in the FTX Central settings. That way it will at least keep all ORBX stuff in the same place.

Word of advice though: never operate on scenery with different tools and/or manually at the same time. That can only go wrong. Changing scenery layers manually is the worst, unless you have all the layer numbers of all scenery components in your head all the time. 

Another way to check the correctness of your scenery configuration is to open the Scenery Library Dialog in P3D and just pressing "OK".

I don't think that I can do a lot without taking a look at your configuration though. You would have to create a backup ZIP file with P4AO and send that to me by email, with a detailed description of what I have to do to get the "issue". And you still haven't told me what exactly that "issue" is. Unless you clearly specify what is going wrong, I am completely in the dark and all that I write is just guesswork. Please keep that in mind.

Best regards

Edited by Lorby_SI
  • Upvote 1

LORBY-SI