Hi, 

I have been using PSXseeconTraffic for the past few weeks, and it has been my favorite addon!  Unfortunately, however, my sim, FSX: SE, has been crashing since I've used it lately.  When I don't run PSXseeconTraffic, the Sim does not crash, so I would assume there is an issue with that software.  What could I do to fix this?  Sometimes, I just position a plane at a gate, and watch the planes fly and taxi!  Any help you can provide is appreciated.

Regards,

Kevin Davis    

Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 17763) (17763.rs5_release.180914-1434)  Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU @ 4.20GHz (8 CPUs), ~4.2GHz
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080

Could you post the PSXseeconTraffic.log file? You can find it in the PSXseeeconTraffic folder...

20 hours ago, kiek said:

Could you post the PSXseeconTraffic.log file? You can find it in the PSXseeeconTraffic folder...

Is this what you are referring to? 

Fri Nov  2 20:18:54 2018 (utc)
version 12.1
PSXseeconTraffic (32 bit)
for Prepar3D v3/v4 or FSX

***************************** parameters *****************************
GROUND_TRAFFIC=false
LIVE=true
LIVE_IF_USER_AIRBORNE=false
ALWAYS_ON_TOP=false
STATUS_LINE=true
COLLISION_DET_AIR=true
COLLISION_DET_GND=true
HEAVY_AIRCRAFT=true
MIDDLE_AIRCRAFT=true
LIGHT_AIRCRAFT=true
HELICOPTERS=false
PARKING_LIMITED=false
AUTO_MODE=false
MAIN_WINDOW_X=-32000
MAIN_WINDOW_Y=-32000
LATERAL_RANGE=40
MAX_LIVE_AIRCRAFT=200
UPS=25
PARKING_PERCENTAGE=35
VERSION_CHECKED_AT=Fri Nov  2
VMRGENERATOR=C:\PSXseeconTraffic\FLAi
FLIGHTPLANSFOLDER=flightplans
PARKEDFOLDER=parked_default

9991 airports were read from "airport_data\airports.xml"
*** author:   ParkPosGenerator
*** version:  7.0
*** date:     Wed Oct 24

Initializing server at port 10747
Waiting for FlightSimulator to connect ...
Waiting for RealTraffic to connect to PSXseeconTraffic ...
20:19:05 User closed PSXseeconTraffic, wait till all processes have stopped ...
MAIN_WINDOW_X=-32000
MAIN_WINDOW_Y=-32000
Fri Nov  2 20:19:09 2018
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     DAL1039  A320 M N373NW   TPA->MSP ===   FLAi_FAIB_A320CFM_DAL-Delta
C68A     C68A M                   =d=   FLAi_FAIB_A320IAE_IGO-IndiGo NC
20:19:06 User closed PSXseeconTraffic, wait till all processes have stopped ...

*************************************** live traffic livery matching summary ***************************************
Fri Nov  2 20:19:06 2018 (utc)
14 liveries needed
64% (9) were completely matched, of which 0% (0) upon registration code (r)
 =s=   1 livery for airline and similar type generated
 =d=   2 default liveries generated

The missing livery was for the following airline and type code:
  SWA B38M

The similar livery was for the following airline and type code:
  SWA B38M B737
********************************************************************************************************************

20:19:06 QNH Reader has stopped
20:19:06 Traffic Reader has stopped
MAIN_WINDOW_X=-32000
MAIN_WINDOW_Y=-32000
Fri Nov  2 20:19:08 2018

Regards, 

Kevin Davis

PS - I also ran the 32-bit version, and I have Windows 10 64-bit.  Could that have anything to do with it? 

Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 17763) (17763.rs5_release.180914-1434)  Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU @ 4.20GHz (8 CPUs), ~4.2GHz
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080

32 bit is OK, 64 bit is for P3DV4 only.

Delete PSXseeconTraffic.xml in the PSXseeconTraffic folder and try again.

That seems to have done the trick!  What does deleting that file exactly do?  I'm just curious. 

Regards,

Kevin Davis 

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080

Hi,

In the log I saw that your window positions were completely out of bounds:

MAIN_WINDOW_X=-32000
MAIN_WINDOW_Y=-32000

So the application was not visible at your desktop.

By deleting PSXseeconTraffic.xml you started fresh.

I have built in a test in version 12.3 -not yet released- that will prevent this from happening.

Nico

For me now it works but after about 5/10 minutes FSX again crashes. Is it possible that the update of the xml file (with the changes from 12.0 version) make my FSX run out of memory?

7 minutes ago, rikypara said:

For me now it works but after about 5/10 minutes FSX again crashes. Is it possible that the update of the xml file (with the changes from 12.0 version) make my FSX run out of memory?

Nio, that's very unlikely. PSXseeconTraffic runs outside FSX.

What exactly do you mean with FSX "crashes"?

Edited by kiek

Thanks for your reply Nico. With the first release 12.0 as soon as I started PSXecontraffic FSX crashed so we suspected it was livery related. With version 12.3 at least it works 10 minutes properly then crashes. 

For crash at a certain point the video freezes so I cannot move, change views or also close flightsim (neither Ctrl alt can works) but I can hear the sound. On the monitor it only appears also the loading circle which remains stuck while I can not change any view or close the sim. On event viewer it doesn’t reporr any error. 

Rolled back again to 11.9. Pity because this new version looks amazing but honestly I cannot find any solution

10 hours ago, rikypara said:

Rolled back again to 11.9. Pity because this new version looks amazing but honestly I cannot find any solution

Strange, nothing has changed with respect to creation of liveries in the Simulator from 11.9 to 12.3 ... 

You should try again but then with one half of your liveries , see what happens and so forth until you have found the livery that causes this...

EDIT: well one thing did changed, adding a flight plan to a live aircraft went from optional to always on. Maybe that is your problem. Try version 12.4, I have made it oiptional again with default off.

Edited by kiek

2 hours ago, kiek said:

Strange, nothing has changed with respect to creation of liveries in the Simulator from 11.9 to 12.3 ... 

You should try again but then with one half of your liveries , see what happens and so forth until you have found the livery that causes this...

EDIT: well one thing did changed, adding a flight plan to a live aircraft went from optional to always on. Maybe that is your problem. Try version 12.4, I have made it oiptional again with default off.

During lunch break I’ll give a try to version 12.4 🙂

Tried half liveries and then the other half  with version 12.0 but it didn’t fix the issue. 

Maybe it’s completely unrelated but I noticed on version 11.9 that in area of huge traffic sometimes I had a red message on PSX “ too many liveries had to be created”, however by restarting PSX it has always worked again perfectly. Maybe in minor part could be the issue from 12.0? Or maybe not.

On a side note, thank you very much Nico for your help and huge disposability, you could just say, as many developers have done, that FSX is a dead software (as it is but changing everything to P3D is a huge work when time’s limiting :)). So many thanks for helping us FSX users 🙂

On 11/9/2018 at 11:40 AM, rikypara said:

Maybe it’s completely unrelated but I noticed on version 11.9 that in area of huge traffic sometimes I had a red message on PSX “ too many liveries had to be created”, however by restarting PSX it has always worked again perfectly. 

That's a seroius problem, it means that (some of) your liveries in FSX are either not activated, or not correctly installed.  Another cause could be that your AI_liveries.xml does not reflect what you have in FSX. Did you create it with AILGenerator yourself?

If you restart the problem is not gomne, you only reset the counter to 0, and when it has reached 50 liveries that could not be created you will get the error message again.

Edited by kiek

2 hours ago, kiek said:

That's a seroius problem, it means that (some of) your liveries in FSX are either not activated, or not correctly installed.  Another cause could be that your AI_liveries.xml does not reflect what you have in FSX. Did you create it with AILBGenerator yourself?

If you restart the problem is not gomne, you only reset the counter to 0, and when it has reached 50 liveries that could not be created you will get the error message again.

I update reguarly through FLIAi and then keep the AiLiveries.xml that comes after installation. 

Just once I made a folder on simbojects with all the FLIai liveries and run AILbgenerator but when run FSX and PSX no liveries where shown. Then using back default xml they appeared

PS. With new update it doesn’t crash 

Edited by rikypara

What confuses me about the FSX CTD's is that the error doesn't show up in Event Viewer.  It displays information about faults in my other programs, but nothing on the FSX ones.  

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080

52 minutes ago, kevinmdavis2010 said:

What confuses me about the FSX CTD's is that the error doesn't show up in Event Viewer.  It displays information about faults in my other programs, but nothing on the FSX ones.  

Same for me. However with version 14.4 everything seems working fine (fingers crossed)