Sign in to follow this  
Simicro

Old customer coming back

Hi,

I purchased the 530 in 2011, now I am on P3Dv4.

What can I do to install the 530 for P3Dv4?

Edited by RXP

- TONY -

Hi,

The Reality XP GNS 530/430 V2 for FltSim is a new product and it is what you are looking for!

It is compatible with P3D4 in 64 bits (and nearly all other FltSim versions in 32 bits), and runs on Win10, and all other Windows versions down to WinXP).

PS: the GNS 530 WAAS in 2011, aka GNS Legacy, is designed and sold to run on FS9/FSX and WinXP to Win7 only.

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Thank you.

I see, I have to buy it again.

Is there a discount to upgrade my legacy GNS to V2?

Edited by Simicro

- TONY -

I understand and recognize that there is some work involved to port legacy to V2 but the whole price charged again... is "unfortunately" sad for loyal customers.

- TONY -

I understand and generally agree with you!

However, GNS V2 is not a 'port', it is a completely new product which has nothing in common with the legacy but being a GNS 530/430 simulation. Customers of both the legacy and GNS V2 certainly appreciate how different it is a product.

Also, we've had a coupon for our loyal customers which has been running for many weeks when released. You might understand more than a year after it is now over.

All in all, it might seem abusive too you and I understand, but on the other hand, it is THE product you are flying with every day, with any aircraft, and it won't be put on the shelf after a couple weeks unlike most aircraft and scenery.

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Thanks for your explanations and views.

The coupon for many weeks was good I admit.

I was absent for a couple of years... like Reality XP?

"...completely new product which has nothing in common with the legacy but being a GNS 530/430 simulation ...": maybe I see things from a too simple point of view, but V2 and Legacy XP GNS are both based on the Garmin Trainer?

- TONY -

To be fair and for the record for fellow simmers who read this thread, I ended up buying both the RXP GTN 650 and 750 although it is more expensive than the F1 bundle. And I'm happy.

Jean-Luc: I added my voice to support RXP here. I hope that sometimes in the future A2A will support 650/750 in their C172 and C182.

Edited by Simicro
  • Upvote 1

- TONY -