Sign in to follow this  

A messy kitchen, 9900K UK edition, 85F but chilly inside

It looks like the i9 will have a very short life span in the present format with Intel releasing there road map, 10nm die CPU 2019 the red camp has put the wind up them.

Sorry but something went wrong when posting ended up multi post.

Edited by rjfry

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

deleted

Edited by rjfry

Raymond Fry.

deleted

Edited by rjfry

Raymond Fry.

deleted

Edited by rjfry

Raymond Fry.

On 12/11/2018 at 4:16 AM, rjfry said:

It looks like the i9 will have a very short life span in the present format with Intel releasing there road map, 10nm die CPU 2019 the red camp has put the wind up them.

Sorry but something went wrong when posting ended up multi post.

And possibly a new chipset/motherboard may be in order. Oh, no will not except z390 boards! /s

On 12/11/2018 at 7:34 AM, martin-w said:

Deleted

Why?  

Here ya go another build for work this time ... lets see how martin's Noctua NH-D15 on a 9900K does against my chiller setup ...

uc?id=1W63pWQZJ178vFGsdKb-R2_BNrjvGq2bS

Cheers, Rob.

Awesome!  Looking at getting the 9900K myself and already have the Noctua….looking forward to the results

12 hours ago, Rob Ainscough said:

Why?  

Here ya go another build for work this time ... lets see how martin's Noctua NH-D15 on a 9900K does against my chiller setup ...

uc?id=1W63pWQZJ178vFGsdKb-R2_BNrjvGq2bS

Cheers, Rob.

Deleted was a joke Rob. Humour. Because of Ray's multiple deleted posts. 🙂

The NH-D15S would have been as good Rob. Only two degrees cooler with two fans rather than one. And much better RAM clearance. 🙂

The D15 against your custom loop plus chiller.... clearly not a chance of competing, but will be interesting to see how close it gets. 

Boy, that thing is ugly, but it works! Nice board though... have the z390 Pro myself.

17 hours ago, TuFun said:

Boy, that thing is ugly, but it works! Nice board though... have the z390 Pro myself.

You should see the D15 with black Noctua Chromax fans and black Chromax heat sink covers. Mine looks positively gorgeous. 👍

I’ve had really great luck and great performance from my Z370 board with my 9900k. 5.1ghz at 1.35v and very stable under prime and handbrake loads with max temps in the high 80s to mid 90s C which I am fine with for those applications. Gaming is mid 70s C or lower depending on load.

I bought a Gigabyte Auris Ultra Z390 board this weekend to throw in my VR rig with my old 8700K and was going to swap my 370 board with the 9900k for the 390 board but with the performance and stability I am getting now I am not going to bother with all the extra work and effort. 

I was concerned that the Z370 board wouldn’t be able to power the 9900k with a moderate overclock but so far no issues here with that. No idea what my VRM temps are since Asus for whatever reason removed those temp sensors. I have had no throttling in any application from what I can see while monitoring with afterburner and hwinfo. Maybe I got lucky or maybe it takes time for the board to start showing issues with power. 

Asus X570 TUF WIFI | 5800X3D | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | MSI RTX 4090 | EVGA 1300W | ASUS GT501 TUF | Samsung C49RG90 49" | Oculus Quest 2 | Windows 11 Professional X64

7 hours ago, martin-w said:

You should see the D15 with black Noctua Chromax fans and black Chromax heat sink covers. Mine looks positively gorgeous. 👍

I agree, much better in the looks department. My older case didn't matter no window, but the new case does.

Intrigued by this model... next generation NF-A12x25 120mm fans.

NH-U12 series CPU cooler, which will use two of the new fans in a push/pull dual fan configuration as well as a heatsink with 7 heatpipes and 37% more surface area.

The new NH-U12 series cooler is currently scheduled for release in late 2018 or early 2019.

Edited by TuFun

11 hours ago, TuFun said:

I agree, much better in the looks department. My older case didn't matter no window, but the new case does.

Intrigued by this model... next generation NF-A12x25 120mm fans.

NH-U12 series CPU cooler, which will use two of the new fans in a push/pull dual fan configuration as well as a heatsink with 7 heatpipes and 37% more surface area.

The new NH-U12 series cooler is currently scheduled for release in late 2018 or early 2019.

Oh yes, I saw it in a Computex video. And amazingly runs within one degree of the D15. Although there is a new version of the D15 in development that beats the current D15. 

Put the 8700k into the new gigabyte z390 Aorus ultra board Lastnight and so far it is not doing nearly as well as the Z370 Asus board for vCore required. When the 8700k was in the hero x it only required 1.275v to run 4.9ghz stable in prime 95. I stopped at 1.30v Lastnight after it blue screened again. So much for the current gigabyte boards being more stable with better VRMs. There’s no reason for this much voltage to run 4.9 on this chip. This is the 3rd gigabyte board in a row in the past 3 years that I have had these issues with. If it won’t stable out soon then it is getting pulled out and returned for another Asus board. I told myself 3 years ago after the 2nd gigabyte board fiasco that I would never buy another board from them again...

Asus X570 TUF WIFI | 5800X3D | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | MSI RTX 4090 | EVGA 1300W | ASUS GT501 TUF | Samsung C49RG90 49" | Oculus Quest 2 | Windows 11 Professional X64