Sign in to follow this  
Rob1n

P3d v4.3 Wont launch

First of all i want to say that i tried to make this post on the p3d forums but after searching for some button and searching the internet i couldnt find anyway to make a new post. I dont know if its just me not being able to find it but whatever.

So basically i downloaded a freeware scenery for the sim. I put it in the 'addon scenery' folder that i had made and when i was going to start the sim to put the scenery in the library it would start and the icon in the button of the toolbar wouldnt show up (though the loading screen came up and in the task manager). I started searching on youtube, forums etc... for any fixes but the only things i founf was: deleting the cfg in the appdata roaming folders, running the delete generated files exe, and then deleting some more files that they said the simulator would generate again, but nothing worked.

I also went truh the list that p3d provides for troubleshooting but i have everything there checked. So at this point i dont know what to do. I really dont want to reinstall my sim because that would be a few hours gone from my sunday.

Tanks for the help 🙂

Well, here's a tip:

Unless if the scenery is mean't for P3D v4, and used P3D v4 SDK, then DON'T INSTALL IT.

Most airports work, but some can cause problems. 

2 hours ago, Mylucro said:

running the delete generated files exe

I'm not too sure what you mean, but here's a possible solution:

Go to your scenery.cfg, which can be found at 

C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\scenery.cfg

Open it, and you'll find bunch of areas that look like:

[Area.xxx]

Title=name of scenery title

Local=scenery directory

Layer=xxx

Active=TRUE

Required=FALSE

The xxx is usually a value that depending on how many sceneries you have installed, the value can vary.

Delete the section of your scenery.cfg that had the freeware scenery installed.

DrH7i17V4AAaRpW.jpg:large

My scenery.cfg has a scenery called "KSJC San Jose"

Let's say I had a problem with this scenery, so I would delete that entire section, from [Area.150] to Required=FALSE

Your game will hopefully, rebuild the airport cache and the faulty airport will be gone.

However, if the scenery is say, in Area.147, you have to delete it AND change the rest of values in sequential order

Edited by arwasairl

16 hours ago, arwasairl said:

Go to your scenery.cfg, which can be found at 

C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\scenery.cfg

I looked truh all my p3d folders in the appdata section, in the program files section in my c drive (i have p3d installed on my d drive) and i looked truh the actuall game files on my d drive and couldnt find, it so I searched on google and a saw on forums that it was in the program files in the p3d game files and there wasnt a folder named that in my game files either.

Sorry if that sound confusing.

Do you have hidden folders enabled? You need to enable it in order to see it. Its also located in the C:\ drive

Edited by arwasairl

6 minutes ago, arwasairl said:

Do you hace hidden folders enabled? You meed to enable it in order to see it. Its also located in the C:\ drive

I turned on the show hidden folder in the file explorer options but i cant seem to find it in the game files here: D:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4

Its in C:\Programdata\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\scenery.cfg

not D:\

Edited by arwasairl

I found the scenery.cfg but i couldnt find the scenery since i didnt activate it in the sim because p3d wouldnt start after i put the scenery in the game files. I didnt go in the sim and put it in to the scenry libraries since it wouldnt start.

1 hour ago, Mylucro said:

I found the scenery.cfg but i couldnt find the scenery since i didnt activate it in the sim because p3d wouldnt start after i put the scenery in the game files. I didnt go in the sim and put it in to the scenry libraries since it wouldnt start.

Did you delete the actual scenery?
Also, if you didn't add it to the scenery library, then it isn't the scenery's fault.

When you added the scenery, P3D probably put something in the My Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\ folder.

For a quick test, move everything out of that folder to a temporary folder somewhere and see if it'll start.

I did a complete reinstall on my 2nd day using P3Dv4 because I was not aware that anything in the Mydocs folder could prevent P3D from starting. I even had a full backup of the fresh install that I tried to use, and it still wouldn't start. When the fresh reinstall would't boot, I started poking around. 

Edited by MDFlier

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

I'm a huge fan of Lorby-SI's free P3D Addon Manager...it can really help sort out problems with your scenery config.  P3Dv4 is somewhat finicky if you booger up your scenery configuration, especially if there's something heinous like a blank or nonexistent path in there.  One of the things that Oliver's program does is allow you to take a snaphot of all your config files, and if something goes wrong with a new add-on, it's a one-button proposition to restore everything to what was working before.  It also has a lot of error checking for common issues with your scenery config...out of order problems, missing paths etc.

I am not a subscriber to the blanket "if it wasn't created for P3Dv4 don't install it" philosophy.  I just completely rebuilt my sim PC, and maybe 5% of my 233 ( ! ) add-on sceneries were made for either FSX or an earlier version of P3D.  Before trying one of those older sceneries out, I take a snapshot of my working config with the aforementioned Addon Manager, and if something goes wrong, I'm right back to where I started with a click of the restore button.  But there are lots of good FSX/P3Dv3/P3Dv2 sceneries that work a treat in P3Dv4, and for which there is no P3Dv4-specific alternative...Taxi2Gate's Orlando, LatinVFR's Santiago Chile, Aerosoft's Nassau Bahamas etc.

An hour spent learning a powerful tool like the Addon Manager can save you many hours of trouble along the way later.

Regards

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

17 hours ago, MDFlier said:

For a quick test, move everything out of that folder to a temporary folder somewhere and see if it'll start.

I did what you said, i moved the maps to another folder and launched p3d. But nothing happend, but when i put them in again and launched it it asked my if i wanted to activate them and i clicked yes and the p3d logo actually showed up for a few second in the tool bar that the window button is in.

After trying these and different methods my p3d seems to be working. But all my sceneries and my ezdok is not in the sim

6 hours ago, Mylucro said:

But all my sceneries and my ezdok is not in the sim

What do you mean "not in the sim"?

Are they disabled? Or are they no longer in the scenery library? You can add the sceneries again if they aren't present in the scenery library.

But EzDok is independent from P3D. It isn't "in the sim" as it is an external program like UTLive or ChasePlane.

14 hours ago, arwasairl said:

What do you mean "not in the sim"?

Are they disabled? Or are they no longer in the scenery library? You can add the sceneries again if they aren't present in the scenery library.

I meant that ezdok is not launching and that it doesnt show up in the addon manager.

Na all of my textures and sceneries are gone. For example my ORBX vector, global arlanda, kiruna. And i dont know how to add it manually if you even can do that.

Is it EzDok v1 or v2?

For EzDok v2, check the exe.xml which (if P3D is installed in the D:\) can be found at C:\Program Files\ Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\exe.xml

Open the .xml with notepad and find:

<Launch.Addon>
    <Name>EZdok camera addon2</Name>
    <Disabled>False</Disabled>
    <Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\EZCA2\ezlauncher.exe</Path>
</Launch.Addon>
</SimBase.Document>

If it isn't there, add it. If it still doesn't work, try adding it to the other exe.xml which can be found at:

C:\Users\<your name>\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\exe.xml

Try adding it in that exe.xml. (If it isn't already there.)

Also, try try reinstalling EzDok v2 (with your antivirus off, although I never had problems with Windows Defender.)

If you have Ezdok v1, I recommend reading this EzDok guide posted here in AVSIM: (However I don't remember if EZCA v1 was able to communicate with P3D v4)

Also, the post above is mean't for P3D v3, however, I don't think you'll have a problem with this, as I think EZCA is not fully compatible, but compatible to some extent with P3D v4.

Of course, I stopped using EZCA about 8 months ago, so sorry if I don't know how to fix this because I always hated EZCA's bugs and problems. Try upgrading to ChasePlane. I know it isn't an option for everyone, but when you have the chance, ChasePlane is so much better. 

But please mention your EZCA version. I don't remember seeing EZCA v1 being compatible with P3D v4.

This guy uses EZCA v1, and I guess it is compatible, but you need to create a fake Prepar3D v3 roaming folder for the EZCA Configuration tool to work. (IF you're using EZCA v1.)