Skywatcher

Jets or props? (FS2004 poll ONLY!!)

Jets or props?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. What do you fly?

• Jets
    • Props
    • Both
    • Where's the helicopters choice??? (Oh, it's here)
    • None of the above

Been wanting to ask for a while, especially of the devoted FS9'ers. The 737 poll in this forum made me think it's time to pop the question.
FS9 is becoming like the cult flight sim of the flight sim world. We are becoming the real hardcore users that will stick with FS9 forever. Modern sims are likely split with both types of virtual pilots but what about us FS9'ers? I can think of reasons why the split between jet and prop FS9 pilots may no longer be even.

I would find it interesting to know what types of aircraft we fly in this great sim.

Mark Daniels

I prefer the low's & slow's.

More to do & see that way. Bush & Alsaka flying, as well as the older Ford Tri-Motor Project stuff.

1, 2, 3 or 4 props anyday! Round or flat, the more the merrier~

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

Both jets and props! But instead of B737 & C172 I prefer Tu-134 & DC-6, or B727 and An-2, or...

Harald Geyer
   Gründer der Messerschmitt Freunde Dresden v. V.

lYI9iQV.jpg

Jets and props. Bombardier Dash 8, Embraer 170, Small private planes and Biz jets. Get's me where i want to go in this great virtual world. Long live FS9

Where is the poll for "All"? I do like my classic heavy iron but I fly everything......and sail as well. 😎

Long live FS9. 😍 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, edetroit said:

Where is the poll for "All"? I do like my classic heavy iron but I fly everything......and sail as well. 😎

Long live FS9. 😍 

Oh, sorry! lol

I started with mainly props in FS9 but last 4+ years it's been all jets. Intend to go back to props eventually and continue into the future using both. Russian aircraft are something I intend to seriously attempt at some stage.

So many planes for FS9, I just want to fly them all!

Mark Daniels

Hello all,

I have voted (both) but I would like to make a comment or two if I may.

Firstly, I fly P3Dv4 as well and increasingly so. Why??? Well it all started with an idea of going the VR route. As most people here know,  I have been flying using 6 monitors and absolutely loving it. This is something NONE of the other platforms can achieve (to my knowledge) without the use (temporary or otherwise) of the US defence Departments Super Computers. I was constantly looking at and dribbling over the Incredible graphics, weather generation, scenery and the latest aircraft available (read RealAir, PMDG, iFly P3Dv4 versions, Aerosoft Airbus, FSLabs Airbus, TDFi 717 and the QW 787 just for starters) which cannot be run on FS2004 and for which, other than iFly, there are no really good alternatives. 

So, I dismantled all my monitors and settled for just two (a 40 inch LED TV and a 24inch Monitor) in preparation for VR ...lt ain't happened yet because of finances, but, ... Am I ready or what ???? LOL Framerates, even with only two monitors are acceptable but only just and I fear that will remain the status quo until I upgrade hardware ... I do have bids in for the US computer system LOL.

In the meantime I keep praying for someone to have the expertise to convert all the aforementioned aircraft. at least, to FS2004 and will die a very happy little vegemite, even without the graphics (I am actually quite happy with mine in FS2004) and I continue to fly FS2004 at least 3-4 times a week. I have to say though, that, other than the vastly better frame rates, P3Dv4 is just getting better and better for me. I think I still regret dismantling my "pit" and reducing my monitors, but VR I believe very sincerely is the way to the future. At 70 years of age, my flying career has probably at best another 30 yhears (Gee I hope) and who knows what Flight simming and what flying platforms are going to be like then.

Another comment I would like to make is that at my age P3Dv4 is somewhat difficult to come to grips with. It is almost a totally different system and is very confusing for an old codger like myself. For those of us on the cusp of changing over, this is definitely a factor to consider, particularly for the elderly among us.

My final comment is that I will undoubtedly  go to my final resting place in an FS2004 aircraft and thoroughly enjoy the journey.

Regards to all

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

Level-D 767 only.Would love to get my Eaglesoft Citation X flying again but never could install updated Navdata and never did,so stopped using it.

nebojsa

From biplanes through flying boats and sailing boats and steam ships, trucks, limousines, balloons and Zeppelins, to rocket planes, spacecraft, warbirds, jet fighters and jet liners, I've loved them all at some stage. And helicopters, gliders and Ultralights, too!

Jat,

I have never had any problems with eaglesoft navdata updating ... maybe a reinstall for the citation. Just a suggestion also to maybe have a look at your download path for Navigraph.  This may well be teaching you to suck eggs but other than those two options I have no further ideas.

Hope it helps mate and the Citation is well worth the effort ... I love it

Regards

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

Sascha, I so agree with you. In fact, I've just created another install of FS2004 only for pre Golden Wings aircraft, After many hours of searching, and a lot of fun learning about the history of flight, I have found, amongst others, Wright gliders, Bleriot's, Demoiselle, an Eagle (well, it is an original flyer), Antoinette, Avro tri-plane, a Bicylcle (gotta get around), Caproni, Caudron, Curtiss's, a bunch of Zeppelins, Dunne, du Temple, Ellehammer, Eole, Farmans, Fokker Spin, Grunau gliders, Lohners, the Opel & a few others, including a vintage car, or 2 as well as a steamboat.

This has really been an interesting journey, & I think that historical aircraft are pretty much unique to FS2004, as it the Schneider 1929 Race planes & scenery, & the Bugatti project from Lionheart.
The Schneider Project also was fascinating to read up.

I also found a suitable Wright Flyer splash screen. Our hobby has become so diverse, with very highly detailed jet liners & such like, & I think that taking a step back in time to where it all began could be worthy for those that would like to remember the trials & tribulations when flight began.

As I said, I'm using GW as a base, as the airports have been removed in USA, & it will be great to expand & find suitable period buildings.

Not too bad for a 15 year old sim.

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

And there's the 1960s makeover project which I haven't yet given a serious look at!

Here's to another 15 years of FS9!

On that note, I managed to get a 2048x2048 texture set from FSX working on a FS9 plane. This should open exciting new repaint possibilities as well as getting some nice FSX repaints which weren't released for FS9. I'm still doublechecking and will post on this when I'm confident about it but tge procedure is simple enough.

Edited by sascha

13 hours ago, himmelhorse said:

Jat,

I have never had any problems with eaglesoft navdata updating ... maybe a reinstall for the citation. Just a suggestion also to maybe have a look at your download path for Navigraph.  This may well be teaching you to suck eggs but other than those two options I have no further ideas.

Hope it helps mate and the Citation is well worth the effort ... I love it

Regards

Tony 

Could you tell me the path or folder where the Navigraph is so-posed to go.

Thanks,nebojsa

Jat,

I am not at my flightsim computer at the moment and dont expect to be until tomorrow. I will have to get back to you on this and just did not want you to think you have been abandoned.

Regards

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

Jat, 

Sorry, I did mean to add that if you are in a hurry, you may like to contact Eaglesoft on their forum and ask them where the Navdata updates go. I have generally found them to be fairly quick and very positive in all my interactions with them.

Regards again

Tony

Tony Chilcott.