Sign in to follow this  
Viking01

Greece-Turkish Zig-Zag

Maybe Ron's server is still off?

I can drag you into the channel at DTP, no problem.

Gunter.png?dl=1

Regards

Gunter Schneider

Quick look. Syros tarmac at sunset. Six turbines and one little piston. Jeff, Nick, Roman, Gunter, Mike, Steve, and Ron. (We lost Norm and Josh before this end-of-flight shot.)CS_LGSO_Lineup.jpg?dl=1

• Upvote 1

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

Ship AI:

During our flight (and on the Sunday flight) we talked about HN's Global Ship AI traffic. We agreed that the two packages (Global...V1 and Global....V2) would contain the whole package.

After today's flight I had my doubts and compared the number of SimObjects/Boats I had in P3DV3 and those now in P3DV4, and there is a difference of more than 100 boats. What I don't know is if the V3 package is different from the V4 package? Can one just copy the files over?

Or is there another package required? Does anyone know that?

Gunter.png?dl=1

Regards

Gunter Schneider

4 hours ago, MM said:

Six turbines and one little piston.

Mike... That little piston flew air cover for you guys!
Breaking so many airspaces and treaties! 
Lucky you weren't intercepted but i figure the Air Forces were just a little too afraid of that "small piston".
animated-laughing-image-0074.gif

20AUG21_Avsim_Sig.png?dl=1  FS RTWR   SHRS F-111   JoinFS   Little Navmap 

3 hours ago, Viking01 said:

Ship AI:

During our flight (and on the Sunday flight) we talked about HN's Global Ship AI traffic. We agreed that the two packages (Global...V1 and Global....V2) would contain the whole package.

After today's flight I had my doubts and compared the number of SimObjects/Boats I had in P3DV3 and those now in P3DV4, and there is a difference of more than 100 boats. What I don't know is if the V3 package is different from the V4 package? Can one just copy the files over?

Or is there another package required? Does anyone know that?

Gunter,

I Installed Global Ship AI by copying all files from the V2 folders, pasting them into the respective V1 folders. I overwrote any files that were duplicates. I then added all the components to P3Dv4 using Lorby's Addon Organizer. I did NOT put the Global Ship AI into my P3Dv4 directories, I kept them in a separate location so they didn't get mixed in (in case I want to get rid of it for whatever reason).

I counted the Global Ship AI SimObjects\Boats directories and I have 279.

In my P3Dv4 SimObjects\Boats I have exactly 100 directories

When you ask "can one just copy the files over?" I assume you mean copy the contents from P3Dv3 to P3Dv4? I would think that should work. Should you encounter any problems in v4, you could turn on "Content Error Logging" and it will tell you what is in error, and you could just delete those "Boat" directories.

Regards,

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

Thanks Steve, I did the same. I just noticed Sunday that I didn't have the ships like the other pilots in the same spot at the same time. I rechecked in another Forum and there it was confirmed that the two downloads are the complete package. So maybe there was another reason for that. It is a very nice addition to our hobby!

Gunter.png?dl=1

Regards

Gunter Schneider

5 hours ago, Viking01 said:

Thanks Steve, I did the same. I just noticed Sunday that I didn't have the ships like the other pilots in the same spot at the same time. I rechecked in another Forum and there it was confirmed that the two downloads are the complete package. So maybe there was another reason for that. It is a very nice addition to our hobby!

Gunter,

Yes it is a nice addition. As a test, I loaded into KJFK and flew around the NYC area, and was able to see shipping in the area.

In the instructions for use of Global Ship AI it is indicated to have ship traffic above 5%. I set it at 6%, and then I tried 30%, and I didn't notice any difference in amount of traffic around NYC. Does the % setting for Ship traffic make any difference with Global Ship AI, other than the requirement to set at least 6%?

I was using 0% for Leisure Boats, because I don't know if Global Ship AI includes Leisure Boat traffic.

Regards,

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

Steve,

I tried settings from 10% to 100% and saw no difference. I checked the shipping route from Hamburg through the English Channel, which was heavily populated in the past and it was empty. It seems I‘m missing either some ships or some bgl files. But I received confirmation out of Henriks Team that rhe two downloads are the only ones necessary. 

Gunter.png?dl=1

Regards

Gunter Schneider

Gunter,

As I couldn't make the flight Sunday, I flew that route last night and saw no shipping whatsoever. Did anybody else see ships on your flight yesterday...or maybe there is just not shipping in that area?

In any case, I clearly have more, and better shipping in some areas (like NYC) than I had without it, so I'll leave it installed for a while and see what shipping is in other areas. Fortunately, the way I installed it makes it very easy to disable, or delete completely if I don't want it, or future updates are offered.

Regards,

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

Steve,

that was indeed the case and since I didn't see any ships I started looking into it a bit deeper.

Gunter.png?dl=1

Regards

Gunter Schneider

Gentlemen,

A little late for the screenies, my credentials for dropbox accidently got removed and I couldn't get in - oh well, all fixed. :)
Thanks for the awesome flight Gunter! Got my fill of Mediterranean food during this one - yummy!
You can find the shots here

Gunter,

Sorry about your AI Boats troubles, truly an excellent add-on! I did some testing this morning to see if there was any difference between all the separate packages versus just the 2.

Given - Yes on FSX. Normally don't have any traffic at all during MP flights to keep my flight happy computer wise 😉.
My original install was the 17 separate packages, removed and backed them up then installed just the 2 combined packages (194715 & 200129) to see the difference - not much..  

Original separate packages - 277 simobject folders, 1378 .bgls
v1 only - 207 simobject folders, 1160 .bgls
v2 only - 77 simobject folders (not including animals) - 5 of these replace v1 versions, 252 .bgls - 13 of these replace v1 versions
Totals v1 + v2 over separate packages - 278 simobject folders (+1), 1398 .bgls (+20)  

Did tests before and after, very little difference. Same time of day with just ship traffic turned on to 10%. (anything higher turns on stock ships) I had "boatloads" (hehe) of traffic at Syrios. For those during the flight with traffic on should have seen a lot of traffic as shown below.

Something simple must be keeping your ships from showing up- anything from a .xml syntax error (including text encoding) in your scenery add-on xml to maybe a stray FS9 style traffic bgl somewhere?  Do you have addon aircraft traffic? (Not the new injected type, rather the old .bgl type) Does it work? 
Just hope you can figure it out!
BTW some very good news on a possible Christmas present was stated over at the Outhouse. :-)  WOW!

Europe.jpg?dl=1

17 COMBINED PACKAGES

AI%20Boats%20Med.jpg?dl=1

ONLY V1 + V2 PACKAGES

AI%20Boats%20Med2.jpg?dl=1

Edited by spokes2112
Forgot how to embed images from dropbox :( - all fixed

20AUG21_Avsim_Sig.png?dl=1  FS RTWR   SHRS F-111   JoinFS   Little Navmap 

Obviously I've done something wrong, as I have NO ship traffic showing anywhere (nothing showing up on LittleNavMap). Oh well, back to the drawing board. I'm wondering if it has something to do with the way I added it in Lorby Addon Organizer.

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1