Viking01

Greece-Turkish Zig-Zag

Steve,

I tried settings from 10% to 100% and saw no difference. I checked the shipping route from Hamburg through the English Channel, which was heavily populated in the past and it was empty. It seems I‘m missing either some ships or some bgl files. But I received confirmation out of Henriks Team that rhe two downloads are the only ones necessary. 

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Gunter,

As I couldn't make the flight Sunday, I flew that route last night and saw no shipping whatsoever. Did anybody else see ships on your flight yesterday...or maybe there is just not shipping in that area?

In any case, I clearly have more, and better shipping in some areas (like NYC) than I had without it, so I'll leave it installed for a while and see what shipping is in other areas. Fortunately, the way I installed it makes it very easy to disable, or delete completely if I don't want it, or future updates are offered.

Regards,

Steve,

that was indeed the case and since I didn't see any ships I started looking into it a bit deeper.

Gentlemen,

A little late for the screenies, my credentials for dropbox accidently got removed and I couldn't get in - oh well, all fixed. :)
Thanks for the awesome flight Gunter! Got my fill of Mediterranean food during this one - yummy!
You can find the shots here

Gunter,

Sorry about your AI Boats troubles, truly an excellent add-on! I did some testing this morning to see if there was any difference between all the separate packages versus just the 2.

Given - Yes on FSX. Normally don't have any traffic at all during MP flights to keep my flight happy computer wise 😉.
My original install was the 17 separate packages, removed and backed them up then installed just the 2 combined packages (194715 & 200129) to see the difference - not much..  

Original separate packages - 277 simobject folders, 1378 .bgls
v1 only - 207 simobject folders, 1160 .bgls
v2 only - 77 simobject folders (not including animals) - 5 of these replace v1 versions, 252 .bgls - 13 of these replace v1 versions
Totals v1 + v2 over separate packages - 278 simobject folders (+1), 1398 .bgls (+20)  

Did tests before and after, very little difference. Same time of day with just ship traffic turned on to 10%. (anything higher turns on stock ships) I had "boatloads" (hehe) of traffic at Syrios. For those during the flight with traffic on should have seen a lot of traffic as shown below.

Something simple must be keeping your ships from showing up- anything from a .xml syntax error (including text encoding) in your scenery add-on xml to maybe a stray FS9 style traffic bgl somewhere?  Do you have addon aircraft traffic? (Not the new injected type, rather the old .bgl type) Does it work? 
Just hope you can figure it out!
BTW some very good news on a possible Christmas present was stated over at the Outhouse. :-)  WOW!

Europe.jpg?dl=1

17 COMBINED PACKAGES

AI%20Boats%20Med.jpg?dl=1

ONLY V1 + V2 PACKAGES

AI%20Boats%20Med2.jpg?dl=1

Edited by spokes2112
Forgot how to embed images from dropbox :( - all fixed

Obviously I've done something wrong, as I have NO ship traffic showing anywhere (nothing showing up on LittleNavMap). Oh well, back to the drawing board. I'm wondering if it has something to do with the way I added it in Lorby Addon Organizer.

Thanks a lot Roman!

I have exactly the same numbers of files and folders, but only leisure boats, no ships. Did you have the leisure boats turned off?

I have no other AI-add ons installed, fresh reinstall of P3DV4.3 from last week.

Gunter,
Oh yeah, that's right.. With a fresh install you will have no other outside influences. So it's now it's down to the installation only.
You have me at a loss Gunter. Since I do not have P3D, if wanted, you could send me the add-on xml files, maybe a second set of eyes can spot it.
As for questions above -
(pictures instead hehe, went for a quick intercept flight with the morning coffee for a "wake up" call)

AI%20settings.png?dl=1

track.png?dl=1

Caribbean_Blue.png?dl=1

entry.png?dl=1

Hmmm.. Both no AI Ships?. Man!  If Steve used the xml method to set up the scenery check the paths. 

In Viking's case and if direct copy to simobjects/boats and to either P3Dv4 scenery-world-scenery for the traffic.bgl it should work unless something is corrupt somewhere.

See email shortly that might help or not. 

Norm

PS: As a note: the Leisure boats are what is referred to as LivingWorld boats: LivingWorld is the name of the subsystem in FSX and P3D that deals with vehicles additions, like cars, airports ground vehicles smaller/inland boats. The boats managed by LivingWorld have no schedules or known paths. They just moves randomly near coastlines and on lakes (almost like animated Autogen. The file that controls this is LWcfg.xml  . It is in your C:\Users\yournameAppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4 folder (hidden). It does all the random leisure traffic stuff including the road/freeway traffic, airports fuel trucks, baggage trucks, inland random boats etc.)   BUT does nothing to drive your AI Ship traffic which is directed by the ships/traffic.bgls that go to your Scenery-world-scenery folder (or your other designated add-on folder - either directed by xml file or by an alternate entry on your scenery.cfg)

Edited by nbrich1

Gunter,

In case it might help you, here is what I got from Oliver (Lorby's P4AO) for correct paths when adding the ship traffic using P4 Addon Organizer.

I corrected my paths to match his and I NOW HAVE SHIP TRAFFIC!

Another thing to consider, and I'm sure you already know this - in Little Navconnect "Tools", "Options" make sure to select "Fetch AI or multiplayer ships."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Make sure that the ship traffic slider is up in the P3D settings...
  • Limit the length of your file paths. Windows has a hard limit at 256(?) characters, but you never know if some app might still be expecting older (=shorter) path strings.
  • Don't use non-alphanumeric characters in your file paths. There is no guarantee that every program will accept paths containing a "~" for example

Here is my add-on.xml for comparison

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<SimBase.Document Type="AddOnXml" version="4,0" id="add-on">
  <AddOn.Name>ShipTraffic</AddOn.Name>
  <AddOn.Description />
  <AddOn.Component>
    <Category>Effects</Category>
    <Path>D:\Shiptraffic\Effects</Path>
  </AddOn.Component>
  <AddOn.Component>
    <Category>SimObjects</Category>
    <Path>D:\Shiptraffic\Simobjects\Boats</Path>
    <Name>ShipModels</Name>
  </AddOn.Component>
  <AddOn.Component>
    <Category>SimObjects</Category>
    <Path>D:\Shiptraffic\Simobjects\Animals</Path>
    <Name>Animals</Name>
  </AddOn.Component>
  <AddOn.Component>
    <Category>Sound</Category>
    <Path>D:\Shiptraffic\Sound</Path>
  </AddOn.Component>
  <AddOn.Component>
    <Category>Scenery</Category>
    <Path>D:\Shiptraffic\scenery\world</Path>
    <Name>ShipTraffic</Name>
    <Layer>128</Layer>
  </AddOn.Component>
</SimBase.Document>

Above info is in this post:

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/545148-how-to-add-scenery-and-components/?tab=comments#comment-3925814

Kind Regards,

• Upvote 1

Thanks Steve, I will give that a try when I am back home!