Sign in to follow this  
LTCSZ

Mesh Add Question

Hi Again: I am considering starting to add mesh to my FSX-SE...Would I be better off buying Ultimate Terrain or going with some of the free mesh that is available? Will adding mesh screw up my payware scenery (i.e., Aerosoft Mega Airports, etc)? Thanks!

Steve

7 Miles NW of KGCK

1 hour ago, LTCSZ said:

Hi Again: I am considering starting to add mesh to my FSX-SE...Would I be better off buying Ultimate Terrain or going with some of the free mesh that is available? Will adding mesh screw up my payware scenery (i.e., Aerosoft Mega Airports, etc)? Thanks!

Ultimate Terrain is not mesh, it’s a vector data program that adds roads, coastlines, water bodies, and has some landclass but doesn’t include mesh.

I use FSGS mesh but I think they are now under a different name or ownership.

It shouldn’t screw up you’re payware scenery as I have like 200+ addon airports and don’t have an issue, but there are always issues with mesh and airports since addon airports don’t allow for slopped runways and at times you’ll see a “cliff” at the end of one end unless the developer adds custom mesh to smooth it out.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator