Sign in to follow this  
Christopher Low

Gate assignments

Can someone let me know which gates the following airlines use at these airports.....

TUI Airways (787 Dreamliner) at EGGD Bristol (I think it may be Gate 26)

Ryanair (737-800w) at EGPD Aberdeen

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Ryanair will always use the gates which are cheapest, i.e. those without air bridges and the least facilities, as they do at almost every airport they operate from. This is one of their cost-saving policies and is why they use 737s, because the 737 was designed from the outset to have airstairs and be capable of operating from minimal facilities.

They don't even have conveyor floors in their 737 rear holds because it costs more money to have that option, even though it's a silly decision on their part because having those would actually speed up their turnaround times and end up paying for itself eventually. Hardly surprising when you consider their CEO worked at KPMG before Ryanair lol.

• Like 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Surely someone here knows this information? Any local EGGD Bristol spotters in the AVSIM membership?

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Stand 26 is really the only one that makes sense based on the size of the 788 vs every other spot available at EDDG.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

FlightRadar24 clearly shows G-TUIE at Gate 26 on October 26th and 28th.

Edited by dmwalker

Dugald Walker

Cheers, Dugald. I have already adjusted Gate 26 at UK2000 Bristol Xtreme to accommodate this. I only realised that the 787 used this airport when I ended up on final approach behind one. However, since none of the parking spots were large enough for it, the plane disappeared shortly after landing!

Now, if only someone would come along and confirm where the Ryanair 737s park at Aberdeen......

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Can you give me a flight number or a tail number?

Edited by dmwalker

Dugald Walker

The next flight will be landing at about 9.50 am this Sunday, if it doesn't get impounded first.

Dugald Walker