Sign in to follow this  
Keilani

747-8 make me lag

24 minutes ago, ph-cxz said:

Kyle I think he means active sky 2016 and perciptfx by oldprop (formerly known as fsfx packages).

just a tip but try to record a video to show us your problem. Preferably with the fps counter from p3d.

there we go

2 minutes ago, scandinavian13 said:

Temporarily disable it (how to do that, I do not know - that's up to you and reading the manual, or perhaps someone else here who uses it could help). If the issue goes away, then that's what's causing it.

disabled what immersion?

1 hour ago, scandinavian13 said:

Temporarily disable it (how to do that, I do not know - that's up to you and reading the manual, or perhaps someone else here who uses it could help). If the issue goes away, then that's what's causing it.

It doesnt work

1 hour ago, scandinavian13 said:

Its not sence its the 747-8 makes me lag 

Not immersion it's your product. 

I read your specs maybe have a look at your memory usage via task manager mainly for the GPU.

11 minutes ago, ph-cxz said:

I read your specs maybe have a look at your memory usage via task manager mainly for the GPU.

And ? its at 405 Mhz is that correct? and my CPU at 2505 mhz

maybe it has to do more with your graphics card. as it just touches the bare minimum according to lockheed martin i would personnally runa 1060 with 6gb.

54 minutes ago, ph-cxz said:

maybe it has to do more with your graphics card. as it just touches the bare minimum according to lockheed martin i would personnally runa 1060 with 6gb.

I don‘t think so. I ran the 747 with FSFX packages and all that stuff pretty well on a GTX970 at locked 30 FPS most of the time. He almost can‘t use the wing view. Although I am not quite sure how that wing view together with his camera addon is supposed to work, as there is this fancy acceleration stuff in the camera definition. I have no exp in moving the camera with the mouse, only use TrackIR and the hat switch. 

But, Keilani, I am 100% sure that this is NOT caused by the 747 in first place, nore by PMDG in general. You would see many people complain here about it if it was so. In fact, you‘re the only one. So this MUST be something on your ebd. The question is: has it worked before? Have you changed anything and now it doesn‘t work anymore? What livery is that? (PMDG or 3rd party?) 

Unfortunately nobody will be able to simply tell you what to do, but we can assist you finding the problem. But it‘s mandatory that you read every sentence and answer to it, otherwise this will become a looong thread.

My guesses are that you either have something else running to increase the look of your sim (it looks very nice I have to admit) that kills your performance on the hardware side or your system (windows, BIOS) is spooled up.

your old NVIDIA driver was just fine as the new one is, too, don‘t stick at this topic. It‘s just important that you‘re not using a driver that is way older than your sim version. 

Have you overclocked your CPU or GPU?

Do you have any tools running that are meant to watch, manage, control your GPU in any way? Are any cooling options of the gra card set to automatic? 

Do you use any shader mods for P3D like for example Tomato shade?

what are your MSAA/SSAA settings INSIDE the sim? What are they in the NVIDIA control panel IF you have played with them? 

Have you tweaked you P3D.cfg in ANY way? Added or changed values? 

Is the power supply of your computer clean? Can it breath? 

Does this FPS break down also happen at standard airports? Which addon is this in the video? 

1 hour ago, Ephedrin said:

I don‘t think so. I ran the 747 with FSFX packages and all that stuff pretty well on a GTX970 at locked 30 FPS most of the time. He almost can‘t use the wing view. Although I am not quite sure how that wing view together with his camera addon is supposed to work, as there is this fancy acceleration stuff in the camera definition. I have no exp in moving the camera with the mouse, only use TrackIR and the hat switch. 

But, Keilani, I am 100% sure that this is NOT caused by the 747 in first place, nore by PMDG in general. You would see many people complain here about it if it was so. In fact, you‘re the only one. So this MUST be something on your ebd. The question is: has it worked before? Have you changed anything and now it doesn‘t work anymore? What livery is that? (PMDG or 3rd party?) 

Unfortunately nobody will be able to simply tell you what to do, but we can assist you finding the problem. But it‘s mandatory that you read every sentence and answer to it, otherwise this will become a looong thread.

My guesses are that you either have something else running to increase the look of your sim (it looks very nice I have to admit) that kills your performance on the hardware side or your system (windows, BIOS) is spooled up.

your old NVIDIA driver was just fine as the new one is, too, don‘t stick at this topic. It‘s just important that you‘re not using a driver that is way older than your sim version. 

Have you overclocked your CPU or GPU?

Do you have any tools running that are meant to watch, manage, control your GPU in any way? Are any cooling options of the gra card set to automatic? 

Do you use any shader mods for P3D like for example Tomato shade?

what are your MSAA/SSAA settings INSIDE the sim? What are they in the NVIDIA control panel IF you have played with them? 

Have you tweaked you P3D.cfg in ANY way? Added or changed values? 

Is the power supply of your computer clean? Can it breath? 

Does this FPS break down also happen at standard airports? Which addon is this in the video? 

Thanks you so much to whrite a big text to help !!! Im happy!

-So my GPU is not overclocked

-I don't have water cooling i have a portable computer 

-I don't think i have some tomato shade in game, i don't have shader mods in P3D only Active sky. Is that a shader mods ? and Precipit by old prop

-Sorry im not good in computeur so i don't know what is MSSA/SAA settings

-No i didn't tweak my P3D.cfg

- I have a new computer so yes its fine i have some fan under the computer

- The problems is doing when i'm switching views like i am in the cockpit it's smooth so clear and when i am switching views to the out side it 's laging 

Let's take a look on my video youttube ! I just instal the lastest driver didn't change something

When i just instal the expensions of 747-8, the problems appeared, i never had this problem before so it hapens something when i instal the 747-8

Thanks you so much !

12 minutes ago, Keilani said:

Sorry im not good in computeur so i don't know what is MSSA/SAA settings

no problem,

please look at my screenshots.. with a 10-series graphic card you should be able to use most of these settings, too. Beside the "Image and Texture Quality". Look what is set on your side. If there is SSAA set, try 8xMSAA. You will notice a little more edges but it's really minor. but your performance might go up, you have a great CPU. 

On the lighting page make sure that you set your shadows like mine to try it out and disable dynamic reflections if enabled. Then check if it helps. If your performance is good, you can add some features for your satisfaction, but only once at a time. 

FZ7LxmN.jpg

NlyHrnt.jpg

by the way, you are using P3Dv4.3, right? You've only said v4...

Couple things:

The weird shading on the wing in the first part of the video points to the potential for information that has been withheld. Granted, I doubt it's intentional, but when people ask you for what you're using, it's incredibly important that you share every possible thing that you're using. The weird shading, to me, is indicative of a non-P3D-default shader (or perhaps old shaders - it is important to clear your shaders when changing versions of P3D - that's a P3D item, though, so instructions will have to be found elsewhere).

Also: chaseplane. I doubt it's really affecting your frames, but again, I had asked for the add-ons you're using, and I don't recall that being listed. Both of these items not being listed leads me to believe that I'm being asked to play chess while in the dark.

Please list every possible add-on that you have in the sim, regardless of whether or not you think it might affect your frame rate. FSUIPC, ActiveSky, ASCA, ChasePlane, immersion, tomatoshade, PTA...etc. Anything other than planes and airports.

Kyle Rodgers

4 hours ago, scandinavian13 said:

Couple things:

The weird shading on the wing in the first part of the video points to the potential for information that has been withheld. Granted, I doubt it's intentional, but when people ask you for what you're using, it's incredibly important that you share every possible thing that you're using. The weird shading, to me, is indicative of a non-P3D-default shader (or perhaps old shaders - it is important to clear your shaders when changing versions of P3D - that's a P3D item, though, so instructions will have to be found elsewhere).

Also: chaseplane. I doubt it's really affecting your frames, but again, I had asked for the add-ons you're using, and I don't recall that being listed. Both of these items not being listed leads me to believe that I'm being asked to play chess while in the dark.

Please list every possible add-on that you have in the sim, regardless of whether or not you think it might affect your frame rate. FSUIPC, ActiveSky, ASCA, ChasePlane, immersion, tomatoshade, PTA...etc. Anything other than planes and airports.

Okk i have FSUIPC 5 , active sky, immersion of 787 and 747

6 hours ago, Ephedrin said:

no problem,

please look at my screenshots.. with a 10-series graphic card you should be able to use most of these settings, too. Beside the "Image and Texture Quality". Look what is set on your side. If there is SSAA set, try 8xMSAA. You will notice a little more edges but it's really minor. but your performance might go up, you have a great CPU. 

On the lighting page make sure that you set your shadows like mine to try it out and disable dynamic reflections if enabled. Then check if it helps. If your performance is good, you can add some features for your satisfaction, but only once at a time. 

FZ7LxmN.jpg

NlyHrnt.jpg

Okk i’ll try and keep you in touche 

im not at home