Sign in to follow this  
blaunarwal

Tutorial #1 Engine out after takeoff

Ok, I took the default flight, instead of mine to start P3D4 and loaded the PMDG 737 afterwards and put it to Gatwick etc. as written in the tutorial. The flame out was gone, but now the VNAV does not engage. Even in the air, it does not get on. LNAV works. Speed did not change according to flightplan. So it's again something I guess with initialization of the plane. 

Yes and my joystick throttles are on. I changed it to one engine each. 

And I had no speed callouts. The speeds are set of course. So this aircraft seems not very reliable. A bit dissapointing for the most expensive aircraft in my hangar.

Of course I have to try one more time beeing absolutely in line with the tutorial, selecting the plane and airport before going into the sim. 

Edited by blaunarwal

OS=WIN11 Home, Sim=P3D5 5.4 (P3D4 and FSX for install reasons)
Addons=ORBX, ASCA, AS, TOGA and tons of sceneries, aircraft

MB=Gigabyte AORUS Z790 Elite AX, CPU=i13900K, Cooling=Be quiet! Pure Loop II FX
GPU=KFA2 RTX3090 24 GB, RAM=64 GB DDR5-5600, HOTAS=Logitech G Saitek X52 Pro

Visit my website for fixes and addons: https://sites.google.com/view/dans-p3d-mods

2 hours ago, blaunarwal said:

Ok, I took the default flight, instead of mine to start P3D4 and loaded the PMDG 737 afterwards and put it to Gatwick etc. as written in the tutorial. The flame out was gone, but now the VNAV does not engage. Even in the air, it does not get on. LNAV works. Speed did not change according to flightplan. So it's again something I guess with initialization of the plane. 

Yes and my joystick throttles are on. I changed it to one engine each. 

And I had no speed callouts. The speeds are set of course. So this aircraft seems not very reliable. A bit dissapointing for the most expensive aircraft in my hangar.

Of course I have to try one more time beeing absolutely in line with the tutorial, selecting the plane and airport before going into the sim. 

If VNAV doesn't engage it could be for a number or reasons, none of which are related to product quality.  The NGX has been out for at least six years, anything major like a VNAV that doesn't work would have been fixed before release/

This thread illustrates that you are having difficulty understanding basic concepts.  You should fly Tutorial 1 exactly as it is written, step by step, such that when you have a problem such as VNAV doesn't arm in step XX you should go back and make sure you followed all the steps leading up to step XX.  I usually will not arm because preflight is incomplete.

Initialization of the aircraft is a 20 sec countdown.... if it is doing that then you don't have an initialization problem.  The common error in loading the aircraft properly is not following the introduction and some will set the PMDG aircraft as their default, or will load the PMDG aircraft when another has already loaded.  All of these errors are common and are avoided if you follow the Introduction.

Dan Downs KCRP

Finally got it to work!

It is really necessary to start the sim with a default aircraft and the change the plane before starting the flight. Otherwise one gets the problems above. I did not miss a step in the flight preparation as far as I know. Since now I got through the tutorial really fast overreading the explanations going straight forward to the instructions and it worked since the aircraft was loaded correctly. Even though it had been 20 secs initializing before too, it did not work as expected, when another complex aircraft was loaded first, in my case the blackbox A321. They don't like eachother I guess. Not even starting the sim with the default aircraft and then loading the PMDG 737 works.

Thanks all for your help.

Edited by blaunarwal

OS=WIN11 Home, Sim=P3D5 5.4 (P3D4 and FSX for install reasons)
Addons=ORBX, ASCA, AS, TOGA and tons of sceneries, aircraft

MB=Gigabyte AORUS Z790 Elite AX, CPU=i13900K, Cooling=Be quiet! Pure Loop II FX
GPU=KFA2 RTX3090 24 GB, RAM=64 GB DDR5-5600, HOTAS=Logitech G Saitek X52 Pro

Visit my website for fixes and addons: https://sites.google.com/view/dans-p3d-mods

On 11/7/2018 at 5:45 PM, Ephedrin said:

I really have no idea what could cause this.. as it actually means the P3D.cfg is being modified. Autorudder=0 to =1. It makes NO sense to me. I‘ve thought about the possibility that the computer loses the connection to my MFG pedals, resulting in an automatic autorudder activation... but is P3D doing that??

It shouldn't be doing it by itself. Do you fly other addons apart from PMDG? One of those might be activating auto rudder. P3D.cfg gets written to with current config settings when you close P3D and if that was corrupted in some way that could cause incorrect values to be saved.

ki9cAAb.jpg

1 hour ago, kevinh said:

It shouldn't be doing it by itself. Do you fly other addons apart from PMDG? One of those might be activating auto rudder. P3D.cfg gets written to with current config settings when you close P3D and if that was corrupted in some way that could cause incorrect values to be saved.

Can‘t think of any of my addons doing that.. FSL, Majestic, QW, A2A, TFDi, PMDG. All of them tell you to make sure it‘s disabled.. sometimes it‘s strange ^^