Sign in to follow this  
Opterix

P3Ders: Understand this please!

3 minutes ago, cobalt said:

There are reasons why FSX, updated with addons, is more widely used by far than any other sim. 

Where did you get this info from? Looking at the sales figures from various companies, P3D add-on sales are 90% - 95% higher than for FSX.

A few already stopped developing or FSX and quite a few a planning to do so in the near future.

Edited by FDEdev

I don't understand why the OP is so obsessed with this.

David Porrett

1 minute ago, DavidP said:

Probably to counter the topic in the P3D forum trying to persuade FSX folks to switch to P3D.  OK guys, are we about done measuring richards?  If it starts to get personal towards members,  it will be time for the lock!  OUCH. maybe that didn't come out the way I wanted:blink:

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

5 minutes ago, DavidP said:

I can tell you: because _I_ tried to get new members in our community. I did my very best.

And in the forums there are these "Porsche-drivers" *) who rapidly kicked them off again by trying to missioneer them to P3D (or XP11 or AF FS2).
These "Porsche-drivers" *) react like beeing vendors/publishers (or at least being developers).

I'm bored now to help the vendors and developers to find new customers if they will not understand that they are chasing them away. This should be a last chance to overthink their behaviour.

But as I said before: this is not my problem, it's theirs.

*) this is not against Porsche-drivers. This is only relating to the example in the first post.

38 minutes ago, Opterix said:

I'm bored now to help the vendors and developers to find new customers

Isn't that the job of the vendors themselves? I'm curious as to why you feel the need to be a salesman on their behalf. I am truly confused by your motives.

This all seems bizarre to me.

David Porrett

18 minutes ago, DavidP said:

Isn't that the job of the vendors themselves? I'm curious as to why you feel the need to be a salesman on their behalf. I am truly confused by your motives.

This all seems bizarre to me.

Also @Opterix Why are you re-posting HLJames's screenshots.  They are on the system and can easily be found by any member?  It's not a bad thing, but seems rather odd.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

1 hour ago, FDEdev said:

Where did you get this info from? Looking at the sales figures from various companies, P3D add-on sales are 90% - 95% higher than for FSX.

A few already stopped developing or FSX and quite a few a planning to do so in the near future.

If you look at the number of posts in FSX forums (just about any of them) relative to those for other sim products, there is no comparison. Current sales figures are misleading because most FSX users already own the program, and have for years.

If I may ask, what is the source of YOUR information about sales? How do you know about the plans of developers -- are you one yourself?

1 hour ago, Opterix said:

Ah, you got the idea! But only up to 50%.

I'm convinced no FS-beginner will think in this way: "can't find peace without a study-level aircraft addon".
So lots of P3D-simmers forgot how they came into this hobby. They argue as every FS-beginner should feel like themselves. This is not a good condition to give advices.

Let the FS-beginners have the chance to develop until they "can't find peace without a study-level aircraft addon". Let them go their own way. Help them by going this way - their own way.
Don't urge them to go _your_ way. Then both sides will loose.

Let them go their own way - that's exactly what I said in my post.

It's debatable, however, when you say no FS beginner will think like that. I'm sure there are plenty who like to go the more realistic way from the beginning. Also, there really is no point in getting FSX over P3D just because you are new to the hobby, FSX won't be a better start than any other sim. In fact, if someone new to the hobby were unsure about hardware requirements it would arguably be the better way to pick P3D because of better performance which can only benefit those who don't want to go all out system-wise from the start. Another benefit is the continuous work LM do to advance P3D which obviously isn't the case with FSX.

I'm not trying to persuade anyone to hop over from FSX to P3D. Like I said, I don't even care. People make their own choices.

Why do think developers are chasing potential customers away? There are several major devs who stopped developing for FSX for a good, technical reason.

Edited by threegreen
Forgot to quote something in this post and couldn't find a way after it was posted.

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

I think we have run the course with this.  You can continue with the one in the P3D forum until it melts down!

Charlie Aron