Sign in to follow this  
williebarry1

P3D V4.3 issue

I have recently (less than a week) have gotten CTD when I open P3D and I have done all the P3D debugging steps so please DON'T recommend that. This is what i see in the event viewer: 

Faulting application name: Prepar3D.exe, version: 4.3.29.25520, time stamp: 0x5b2c3263
Faulting module name: nvwgf2umx.dll, version: 25.21.14.1634, time stamp: 0x5bbe8275
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000000b71eb3
Faulting process id: 0x2124
Faulting application start time: 0x01d47536a19ca17b
Faulting application path: D:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Prepar3D.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_a5e9eb9bc021c27a\nvwgf2umx.dll
Report Id: e4c34cc7-87e3-415a-bf88-d273288e416e
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

This is a Nvidia driver, have you updated them recently? Have you changed something on the Nvidia Inspector?

Do you have Windows 7? Or Windows 10 and what video card do you have?

Regards

Simbol 

Well, if you did all the LM debugging steps, and the faulting file is Nvidia origin (and after a search, the problem doesn't appear to be widespread), I'd say the best course of action would be DDU in the safe mode and reinstall the newest driver.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, simbol said:

This is a Nvidia driver, have you updated them recently? Have you changed something on the Nvidia Inspector?

Do you have Windows 7? Or Windows 10 and what video card do you have?

Regards

Simbol 

That last update for GTX 1070 was in October no new updates since. I have Windows 10 and my Nvidia Intspector is still default.

27 minutes ago, SimonC said:

Well, if you did all the LM debugging steps, and the faulting file is Nvidia origin (and after a search, the problem doesn't appear to be widespread), I'd say the best course of action would be DDU in the safe mode and reinstall the newest driver.

How would I do that?

3 minutes ago, williebarry1 said:

That last update for GTX 1070 was in October no new updates since. I have Windows 10 and my Nvidia Intspector is still default.

Windows released some updates recently, try unistalling the Nvidia drivers and reinstalling as sometimes Windows push drivers updates and that could have corrupted something.

Regards 

S.

2 minutes ago, simbol said:

Windows released some updates recently, try unistalling the Nvidia drivers and reinstalling as sometimes Windows push drivers updates and that could have corrupted something.

Regards 

S.

Roll back the 1070 driver?

1 minute ago, williebarry1 said:

Roll back the 1070 driver?

Yes, if not totally remove the drivers and put them back again.

Remember to reboot for each change.

S.

Edited by simbol

Just now, simbol said:

Yes, if not totally remove the drivers and put them back again.

S.

I don't think its the 1070 driver because its only been a few days since i've had this problem and latest driver was installed on 10/11/2018.

7 minutes ago, simbol said:

The dll pointed out in the CTD is an Nvidia driver.

Best wishes,

Simbol 

I will give it a try.

update: I'm currently on the previous update of the 1070 released on 10/2/2018. how should i install new version?

Edited by williebarry1

11 minutes ago, williebarry1 said:

I will give it a try.

update: I'm currently on the previous update of the 1070 released on 10/2/2018. how should i install new version?

Use the Nvidia auto update tool, it should be on your running task alerting about a new driver.

S.

Edited by simbol

52 minutes ago, simbol said:

Use the Nvidia auto update tool, it should be on your running task alerting about a new driver.

S.

Just as i was about to install the new driver, i got a blue screen that had message: Kernel Security Check Failure

28 minutes ago, simbol said:

Looks like you have either problems with your OS or hardware.

Try resitting the video card.

Regards 

S.

I installed the newest version for the 1070 and  also P3D crashed again with something different in the event viewer: 

Faulting application name: Prepar3D.exe, version: 4.3.29.25520, time stamp: 0x5b2c3263
Faulting module name: atc.dll, version: 4.3.29.25520, time stamp: 0x5b2c3261
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000000000005d859
Faulting process id: 0x1d00
Faulting application start time: 0x01d4754d0277dd7f
Faulting application path: D:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Prepar3D.exe
Faulting module path: D:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\atc.dll
Report Id: 4db48669-f863-4b87-97e6-b1c56ae62224
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: