Sign in to follow this  
Nyxx

Working on new VC lighting BETA

The 748 is a wonderful aircraft, but personally I don't like the panel lighting that dates back to the NG though it is a lot better than the NG its still not state of the art. So am learning to make my own with Spotlights.

I would like any feedback to add to, or make what you see better. Please feel free to contribute to make this work better.

All the lighting can be adjusted in intensity to your own liking. none is just fixed amount unlike the default dome 2 stage. 

Here is my default VC with default dome light ON.

Dome-Default.jpg

Here is the new same view

DomeNEW.jpg

Here the full VC with default Dome

Dome2-Default.jpg

And the new

Dome2-NEW.jpg

MCP Default Look at this full screen.

Default-MCP-close-up-Default.jpg

New lighting

MCP-New-CLose-up.jpg

Default Radio

radio-panal-Default.jpg

New

Radio-NEW.jpg

The same with new Reading lights ON

Radio-and-reading-lights-NEW.jpg

Last one showing how the over head looks with new Dome lights

overhead-new.jpg

So there you go, need to add map lights etc but please feel free to add comments how it all could get better.

BTW even with all the lights on and on 100 brightness there is NO FPS hit, none. Just stunning lights coming from a true light source.

All these are done with white lights the colour can be changed. When finished i will ofc share this for anyone who would like to use it. All you would need is the free FSL Spotlight program.

I hope you like it as much as I do. 

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 3

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Tonight I will add

Front panel lights.

Rear cabin flood light.

Side map lights.

• Like 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Is this allowed by PMDG?

If that is the case, then it will be goodbye daylight 😎

Edited by exstense

2 hours ago, Nyxx said:

Tonight I will add

Front panel lights.

Rear cabin flood light.

Side map lights.

Great work, David, as long as it is okayed by PMDG.

1 hour ago, exstense said:

Is this allowed by PMDG?

If that is the case, then it will be goodbye daylight 😎

1 hour ago, vc10man said:

Great work, David, as long as it is okayed by PMDG.

It changes nothing within PMDG 748 so there is no reason for them to not "allow" anyone to use it.

Spotlights by FSL is a free standalone programme that can be used in any aircraft you own. 

I would not expect PMDG themselves to comment one way or the other. But let me say again this comes with 0 FPS hit. 

I would hope PMDG NG max to have there own state of the art lighting moving on from the form they use at the moment that dates from the NG. I will also do an NG version as I simply will not fly that at night due to the panel lighting.

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 2

Pedestal looks great, i like how it doesnt light outside of it. Can you write down the numbers you put for this Light  (position, direction and angles)?

33 minutes ago, KrisJ said:

Pedestal looks great, i like how it doesnt light outside of it. Can you write down the numbers you put for this Light  (position, direction and angles)?

Well, it does, if you look at the default there is no light spill, I made the light just spill onto the seats it gives the lighting a more natural feel. the real one might not spill onto the seats but that's artistic licence for you.

The PMDG -8 is a stunning aircraft this hopefully lifts the night lighting to the same level the VC is in the daytime. 

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

It changes nothing within PMDG 748 so there is no reason for them to not "allow" anyone to use it.

Spotlights by FSL is a free standalone programme that can be used in any aircraft you own. 

I would not expect PMDG themselves to comment one way or the other. But let me say again this comes with 0 FPS hit. 

I would hope PMDG NG max to have there own state of the art lighting moving on from the form they use at the moment that dates from the NG. I will also do an NG version as I simply will not fly that at night due to the panel lighting.

Fantastic response,David. All kudos to you.

• Like 1

I thought the seats get the light from other bulbs and i hoped i will use your settings in my projects - its really hard to keep light within pedestal frame only. Anyway it loooks good, thx.

OK...update, a few more hours spend looking at photos have lead me to rework the dome lights. The light was hitting do much of the upfront panel and i've added ambient lighting to the overhead. Also I've added the Entry dome light.

New-Dome-light.jpg

Over-head-with-new-light.jpg

Entery-Light.jpg

Reworked the Reading lights

Full view

Reading-lights-Full-VC.jpg

My Default VC view with just reading lights on.

Reading-lights.jpg

Looking down reading lights only

Reading-lights2.jpg

Added Chart light

Chart-light.jpg

Hoping I've done?

What do you think?

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 1

All done and a guild to use and install as well. 

Hope you enjoy it? am just happy to share. 

Now it's as stunning at night/dawn/dusk as it is in daylight.

No, its more stunning because it shows of the amazing moulding that's gone into the VC. It really "pops" now.

Reading-lights-Chart-lamp.jpg

link 

https://forums.flightsimlabs.com/index.php?/topic/19480-pmdg-747-8f/

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Nyxx said:

All done and a guild to use and install as well. 

Hope you enjoy it? am just happy to share. 

Now it's as stunning at night/dawn/dusk as it is in daylight.

No, its more stunning because it shows of the amazing moulding that's gone into the VC. It really "pops" now.

Reading-lights-Chart-lamp.jpg

link 

https://forums.flightsimlabs.com/index.php?/topic/19480-pmdg-747-8f/

Great work thank you 

richard Nunez 

• Like 1