Sign in to follow this  
Nyxx

Working on new VC lighting BETA

Any chance on providing a link to download the ini on this forum? Thanks!

Safe & smooth flying,

Clarke Ramsey

Hi looks very nice, however, do I understand correctly that to switch it on I always need to use the menu through this little down box ? (so not via PMDG lights button) 

thajnks

JM

Jan Maca

maca11

using PMDG 747 v3

P3D v 4.3

33 minutes ago, maca11 said:

Hi looks very nice, however, do I understand correctly that to switch it on I always need to use the menu through this little down box ? (so not via PMDG lights button) 

thajnks

JM

The built-in backlighting I still use but that's Correct Jan, its the price you have to pay to get real lighting coming from a light source. Hopefully, the 737 MAX will have lighting build in like this. I was not happy with the standard lighting so I "pony up" and did what you see.

I've started work on the NG as that needs a makeover even more so, but am going to take that to a new level, my aim is to take it to suspend believe and push what spotlight can do to the max. It will take countless hours, 4 hours already and am going to rework all I've done. 

• Like 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Thank you for this!

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

Looks really nice, thanks! One question: isn‘t the light more orange normally? Like PMDG has done it? You used a very white light now...

Does this work with the 744? I have tried, but the lights do not come on.

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

5 hours ago, Ephedrin said:

Looks really nice, thanks! One question: isn‘t the light more orange normally? Like PMDG has done it? You used a very white light now...

Thank you,

Photos i've used show  white i've even seen the back lighting green!. The 400 is older and looks older

1 hour ago, GCBraun said:

Does this work with the 744? I have tried, but the lights do not come on.

Thank you,

No it will not work with the 400 as the cabin is in a different place to the -8..

I've started work on the NG and am really going to put some hours in on that one and the lighting will not be white. I've use 3 different colors so far. But white will not be used at all.

I will post in the NG forum but it will take countless hours as am going to try and use a lot tricks to really make the most of spotlights. 6 hours so far and that's just the start.

• Like 2

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

I see, thanks!

Thiago, the flightdeck of both -400 and -8 are at the same height so all you need to do is go to the spotlights manager and move the lights back (I think).. it's the same as when you have a file for the 737-700 and want to use it on the -800. If you know the difference of legth you can even simply type it into the manager. 

Edited by Ephedrin
  • Like 1

Reworked and ambient lighting added all lights now have a new colour.

V2

https://forums.flightsimlabs.com/index.php?/topic/19480-pmdg-747-8f-update-14th-nov-v2/

• Like 3

On 11/8/2018 at 5:25 PM, Ephedrin said:

One question: isn‘t the light more orange normally? Like PMDG has done it? You used a very white light now...

I believe you are right about this, because many of the light bulbs on the 400 that are used by the pilots for adjustable cockpit lighting have the old style incandescent filaments and they do produce a warmer light.  However, I think David's efforts look very good and certainly give the VC a more modern, cooler look (for use with the -8 perhaps?).  I am sticking with the default PMDG lighting in the 400, having got used to adjusting the light levels to my liking, although I suppose with any software there will always be room for improvement.

6 minutes ago, berts said:

sticking with the default PMDG lighting in the 400,

David has already stated that his mod will not work in the -400, so no need to stick or unstick.

11 hours ago, vc10man said:

David has already stated that his mod will not work in the -400, so no need to stick or unstick.

i suppose the hardest task was not the positioning work but to fine tune all those lights and he did a remarkable job at this.. so I don‘t think there is anything wrong in using his ini and simply move the lights back a bit to fit into the 400 flight deck. It‘s the same difference for every „bulb“ so it‘s easy to do, just time consuming. IF one wants to have the -8 lighting in the 400 of course. The flight deck is basically the same and in the same height, isn‘t it?

The 400 from pictures showing the difference shows the 8 flight deck is around 4 1/2 meter more forward from the start of the wings than the 400. That's a long way.

If you edit my ini for the 400 i would change the bulbs to a warmer/older colour. I think it would be quicker to start again 🙂 

I have already knocked the white lights back with a colour but the 400 would need warmer lights still. But I prefer the 8F to the 400 so I have no plans to do a 400 sorry.

When the EFB performance page is fully working and they implement better rain on the aircraft takeoff roll. It's going to be great. The lighting I just "pony up" and sorted myself. Would love to see higher res texturing on the outside liverys and the low res carpets on the floor in the flight deck look dated. But hey. When something is very good you spot the flaws. but still the -8 is a wonderful aircraft and it would fill pages on all the good things about it.

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 1

On 11/14/2018 at 1:06 PM, Nyxx said:

Reworked and ambient lighting added all lights now have a new colour.

V2

https://forums.flightsimlabs.com/index.php?/topic/19480-pmdg-747-8f-update-14th-nov-v2/

David

Thanks for you contribution to 747-8.

I am trying to purchase " Panel lighting" from FlightSimlabs I filled registration info,  waiting  four hours to validated my membership to purchase Panel Lighting.

I didn't get any response. Am I doing some thing wrong ?

Edited by asanal

Ahmet Sanal

"Time you enjoyed wasting, was not wasted"

You don't need to purchase anything, its Free as per the link you quoted. 

You DL Spotlight https://forums.flightsimlabs.com/index.php?/files/file/849-fslspotlights-for-p3dv4/ 

Install, place ini in the right folder all per the guild. You should be all good.